Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th December 2005, 00:11   #16
Max
BHPian

its certainly not a new car. look at its tyres those look used !
Old 24th December 2005, 03:18   #17
BHPian

Man, thats really sad... I guess this was one time that you're happy you let someone elses car go before yours, eh?
Old 24th December 2005, 04:55   #18
Senior - BHPian

the car definately looks used.. but then also its not registered.. i dont know guys but its sad to see a car go through that... also lucky you let that car go first...
Old 24th December 2005, 11:18   #19
Senior - BHPian

That is really weird

As Mr. Rudra Sen said there are is M800 & Omni in background and in one of the pictures there is a person wearing Honda uniform

As most member said the car looks dirty from underside
There is temporary registration and its not ZX
When photos taken?

Was the car improperly lifted?
Old 24th December 2005, 11:24   #20
Senior - BHPian

What I said in my post earlier was exactly because the way the car is dirty from below. It looks more like muck big time and the car is dusty too. It could be a new car with temp reg but it could also be possible that it was a new car hit by floods when it was lying in their yard and now they will get it back in shape and sell it to some unsuspecting buyer.

That could also be the reason for the oil change

Makes sense?
Old 24th December 2005, 13:34   #21
BHPian

lucky no mechanic was underneath it when that happened. and why the dirt on the underside??
Old 24th December 2005, 13:49   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Shan, I know you mentioned local garage but is this a Honda service station? If so then how come they've two Marutis there...unless they belong to service team??
Nope, there is no Honda showroom in Hubli so, the Honda guys come to Hubli every month and perform the service at a local garage. It wasn't Honda's fault as the machine is not owned by them.

The owner of the garage has taken complete responsibility and is willing to pay for the damage to the car.

The underchassis is dirty bcoz though, i said it was brand new, it was bought a month ago by someone in Hubli. It had come for it's first serivice. U can see that it still has it's temp registration.

Quote:
Hondas legendary service once again lets down
Honda had nothin to do with it. It was the machine that had a problem (which doesn't belong to Honda).

And yes......i am one lucky bugger. LOL

Shan2nu
Old 24th December 2005, 13:51   #23
BHPian

Hi Shan2nu,
you had a narrow escape with your vtec, But How come Honda is organizing service camps at local garage ?If they dont have service station in hubli the car should be driven to nearest service station, how far is hubli from banglore?

Last edited by Ford Rocam : 24th December 2005 at 13:57.
Old 24th December 2005, 14:23   #24
BANNED

Thank God!

First of all, I thank God that it wasn't Shan2nu's VTEC as how would they ever replace a car that's been phased out?(Shan2nu,I hope you looked up and thanked Him too). Secondly, there are a few things that confuse me about this incident...
1. The car is yet to be registered and is so dirty from underneath?
2. The car is yet to be registered and has a tissue box in it?
3. Why is a company like Honda carrying out service operations in local camps? Yes, this is Hondas fault as Hubli is not some remote location on the Himalayas.

I just hope they don't sell this car to some unsuspecting customer if it is not yet been bought and if it's been bought by someone, I hope and pray that they get a new car from Honda for this!
Old 24th December 2005, 16:01   #25
Senior - BHPian

What kinda crappy equipment would they have used if it collapsed under a not-so-heavy car like the NHC?

Glad it wasnt your car, man. Sheesh that looks nasty.
Old 25th December 2005, 12:32   #26
BHPian

oh man !!

i think its safe to say that shantanu will henceforth let everyone get ahead of him, be it using the potty in a public loo or anyplace where a queue is present.

you are damn lucky man
Old 26th December 2005, 02:30   #27
Senior - BHPian

This should definitely be taken seriously.
These guys can't even maintain a lift.
HONDA service has taken a hit in my opinion.
Old 26th December 2005, 12:14   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu

Honda had nothin to do with it. It was the machine that had a problem (which doesn't belong to Honda).

And yes......i am one lucky bugger. LOL

Shan2nu
Selecting a local garage to undertake services is in the hands of HONDA. Its not that simple to say nothing to do for HONDA for failure of a machine at local garage. Is it not HONDA'S responsibility to select one local garage that match their standards to some extent or this is the best among those available
Old 26th December 2005, 14:19   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise
Selecting a local garage to undertake services is in the hands of HONDA...
I agree... Taking responsibility for the quality and safety of local garage for service is in no way different to taking responsibility for locally sourced components. If this is the quality of service one can expect for the premium one pays to Honda, how can you be assured of the quality of components? I am reminded of GTO's experience of (dis)service quality at Ichibaan Honda that turned me towards Linkway Honda when I was actively considering NHC once.

Well, a shoddy service job like this will be obvious and Honda can't defend itself. But with such attitude, how about the 100(0)s of 'minor' damages that may happen to your car which you may never realise as happened at your 'trusted' service station?
Old 26th December 2005, 14:45   #30
Team-BHP Support

May be a bit off topic but let me tell you of an incident. A couple of months back I went to a local Maruti dealership here. The guy there told me of the horrific things they do to otherwise perfectly new cars. He was telling me how they got a new car but on unloading found it had a good few dents at the front and one on the right side door.

Now the question that came up was how will they recover the cost of touch-up before they could sell the car. Trade insurance covers the inventory only after it has been added in and inspected by the Insurance people, apparently. So guess what they did? They backed off the car from a nearby wall, put it in gear and then the guy jumped off (I presume after they added it to the inventory as an Ok car). It hit the wall and had some pretty bad bruises on the front and even the radiator leaked. Thereafter they called the Insurance guy with whom they have a trade insurance and of course some "saanth gaanth". Insurance company footed the entire inflated bill and they did up the car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks