Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Is this the right decision by MUL ???
No, we still love zen 33 28.95%
Yes, its dated and we need a new car on the road 76 66.67%
Can't say.... 5 4.39%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2006, 04:40   #46

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

read in an article in the magazine that suzuki is goin to replace the zen with a car which they showcased in the tokyo motorshow.it's called "mom's personal wagon" in japan.its another tall boy design and looked like matiz front glued to the back of a santro...hideous looking thing...ewww.
well atleast i have a piece of history wid me....who knows maybe after some time it becomes as iconic as a ohc vtec.
Old 28th April 2006, 00:27   #47
BHPian

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

We advice you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by The Matrix : 28th April 2006 at 00:29.
Old 28th April 2006, 01:00   #48
Senior - BHPian

Guys..whatever everyone says about the zen..the new zen is good enough..fun to drive..parts are cheaper than other cars in its category,has a good A/C..power steering is electronic...nd engine is a pocket rocket..It still gives good mileage than other cars in its category..Maruti Should not stop its production..ANYONE FROM MUL LISTENIN.. ..
Nd as matrix said...about the m800...dude...u got to have the 800 to actually see how much fun car it is ..i own an 800 from 7 years..i am completely satisfied with every inch of the car..pick up is good,as is the average which is phenominal..i have taken it to places like kashmir,srinagar when the car was brand new..nd it has never me any problems..i have raced with many people with double the cubic capacity of my car nd won...still in love with the car after 7 years of its existance with me ..

Last edited by humyum : 28th April 2006 at 01:03.
Old 28th April 2006, 08:12   #49
BHPian

well i liked the older zen then the new shape...
well Carbon is the best...

when is the production going to stop i still see zen been sold...
Old 28th April 2006, 08:24   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfikar
when is the production going to stop i still see zen been sold...
I think the production has been stopped n now its in the phase out stage
Old 28th April 2006, 08:40   #51
BHPian

are they giving any discounts on it...
Old 28th April 2006, 08:41   #52
BHPian

but then again who will like to buy a car whose production is stoped..
Old 28th April 2006, 09:53   #53
Senior - BHPian

Which car will replace Zen as the peppy car for the youngster short on money and want to do some mods? Probably no other car from Maruti's stable or infact from any other manufacturer.
Old 28th April 2006, 10:33   #54
BHPian

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

We advice you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.
Old 28th April 2006, 18:13   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfikar
but then again who will like to buy a car whose production is stoped..
that is why the dealers are tight lipped about this.. untill the last car is sold.

The zen is anyday a much modern car than the 800. but the fact is that maruti cant afford to simply phase the 800 coz there is still a demand and maruti is trying hard to persuade ppl to buy the alto so that they can eventually phase the 800. however I personally feel that the zen must not be discontinued, instead MUL must provide a car that has the same name (coz zen is just too good) and then price it properly between the swift and wagonR. Infact most cars in India cant match the brand image and re-sale value of the zen and the stupid re-vamp of the car in 2004 was not needed. Its not late, MUL still has a chance to correct their mistakes and the zen still sells 3000units a month and is not bad at all.

Last edited by fieroid : 28th April 2006 at 18:21.
Old 28th April 2006, 18:52   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieroid
I think it’s the best small car money can buy…its so damn compatable for mods and u can zip in the city like on a bike…. Its got a better brand name than any car in the maruti stable and also among the Indian cars. It’s the bad boy’s pocket rocket and the most desirable among the young crowd. What makes it even more appealing is the jelly-bean design(the best Suzuki did so far) , the compactness, reliability, ease to maintain, parking ease and the best of all is that fact that any mod will look good on a zen.. Maruti, I know is doing a really stupid thing, instead they gotta re-vamp the zen with bigger wheels, 1.1L engine, longer wheelbase and trust me it will be the best selling small car.

The Zen (pre facelift) is one of the best used buys on the market. Fun, refined, reliable, fuel efficient, good looks, at a reasonable price (used) , what more can a first time car buyer on a budget ask for? THe jelly bean shape is surely a classic. The only thing which looks more horrid than the facelifted version is the Zen Classic, IMHO.
Old 28th April 2006, 19:09   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo

The Zen (pre facelift) is one of the best used buys on the market. Fun, refined, reliable, fuel efficient, good looks, at a reasonable price (used) , what more can a first time car buyer on a budget ask for? THe jelly bean shape is surely a classic. The only thing which looks more horrid than the facelifted version is the Zen Classic, IMHO.
the zen classic was a nightmare..wonder what happened to maruti.
But the zen carbon and steel was pure delight!
Hope they launch a limited edition zen carbon with esteem's 1.3l, 13" tyres atleast as a farewell for this gem of a car!
Old 30th April 2006, 06:43   #58

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

well mul has already started offering a rs.30000 dicount on the zen with an additional rs.15000 exchange bonus....i think its time...
Old 2nd May 2006, 21:49   #59

ohhh........i loved the old zen. but the zen was doing good rite??.so why are they scrapping it
Old 5th May 2006, 14:41   #60
BHPian

I had an Zen which I used to love. Ever since they brought the revamped face, I turn my head away from Zens. I would still love to keep an old one with cool mods!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks