Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Is this the right decision by MUL ???
No, we still love zen 33 28.95%
Yes, its dated and we need a new car on the road 76 66.67%
Can't say.... 5 4.39%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2006, 19:17   #61
BHPian

There was an ad in todays newspaper slashing the cost of the zen by around 50 k . I think they are desperate to clear their garage space
Old 6th May 2006, 00:53   #62
BHPian

Obviously its DATED! they should have shut down this car around the end of 1999 itself! launched in around 93 or 94, 6 years of the same ol car!! god!

finally Maruti got its nuts rite!
Old 8th May 2006, 11:10   #63
BHPian

New Zen is all about how bad the MUL designers are .
Better "Rest In Peace"

Deepu
Old 8th May 2006, 11:24   #64
Senior - BHPian

Actually they want to promote swift. MUL set a goal of selling around 80 - 1 lac swift last year bt was not able to sell more then 60k even after heavy discount on swift and other offers like get your old car and take swift.

If i was in MUL i would have never stopped the production of zen. Its a good car for young and hung. If we ask 100 ppl which small car will you buy if given choice majority will say "ZEN".

I also agree car is dated but the car will continue its gr8 job if they just price it less like now. If they dont stop the production it will definately give tough competetion to Indica XETA and Santro base as ZEN now is affordable at 2.99 lacs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistakenguy
There was an ad in todays newspaper slashing the cost of the zen by around 50 k . I think they are desperate to clear their garage space
Old 8th May 2006, 11:50   #65
Team-BHP Support

The problem with Zen has always been that it is awfully short on space for a car costing abt 4L. That is also one reason why WagonR did so well. More than its looks or even modern lineage compared to the Zen it was the space factor. Remember that for 90% car buyers it does not matter that what family of engine is being used or how old it is... As long as it is sold as a new car in the showrooms and does not look dated people will buy it (zen, 800). However people always felt Zen is too cramped. That is why WagonR with its palatial space (when compared to zen) became an instant hit. It was a Maruti, sold at almost the same price and now gave 'huge room'.

I think the new zen will address this issue... One of the reasons Maruti decided to pull the plug on zen rather than the M800 or Esteem. Probably they felt that not much can be done to add value at their respective price ranges. However Zen can be launched as a more modern and spacious vehicle (basically the Zen in name will be the only common thing).
Old 8th May 2006, 17:17   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo
The problem with Zen has always been that it is awfully short on space for a car costing abt 4L. That is also one reason why WagonR did so well. More than its looks or even modern lineage compared to the Zen it was the space factor. Remember that for 90% car buyers it does not matter that what family of engine is being used or how old it is... As long as it is sold as a new car in the showrooms and does not look dated people will buy it (zen, 800). However people always felt Zen is too cramped. That is why WagonR with its palatial space (when compared to zen) became an instant hit. It was a Maruti, sold at almost the same price and now gave 'huge room'.

I think the new zen will address this issue... One of the reasons Maruti decided to pull the plug on zen rather than the M800 or Esteem. Probably they felt that not much can be done to add value at their respective price ranges. However Zen can be launched as a more modern and spacious vehicle (basically the Zen in name will be the only common thing).

Hi Zappo,

I hope you remember the time when Wagon R was launched, t almost took 2 years for amruti to turn around fortunes of this Car as at that time Zen was their Best Seller.
Couldn't people see at that time the difference of space between the 2 cars ? Its not just about the space freind its also about that Zen's looks have gone outdated and also there are so many choices you get after spending another 40k, so why go for a car which has been there for soooooooooooo long on indian roads .

Regards,
gagan

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks