Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2011, 14:33   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: Pune - New car registration formalities and mandatory documents!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jealousdiamond View Post
The Registartion as mentioned is hardly up by 400-500 bucks .
This thread has breakdown of these charges that are around 5k

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...ml#post2124303
Old 19th February 2011, 17:19   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick79 View Post
I am planning to get the affidavit done on this thursday. Will let you all know about the experience of it.
Any body willing to acompany me, are welcome.
Couldn't make it to get the affidavit done.
Now thinking of getting the LIC letter with address change request acknowledgement. Hope this works out.
Also, working for Police NOC based on the House rent agreement. Lets see how things work out. Else,as a last option, need to take a leave and go to either of the places mentioned for getting the affidavit done.
Old 21st February 2011, 11:32   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Couldn't make it to get the affidavit done.
Now thinking of getting the LIC letter with address change request acknowledgement. Hope this works out.
Also, working for Police NOC based on the House rent agreement. Lets see how things work out. Else,as a last option, need to take a leave and go to either of the places mentioned for getting the affidavit done.
I would say better take a bunk for a few hours and visit the Citizen Center Offices on any weekdays ( better visting them early morning 9:30 ish ) , just hoping you don't work in Hinjewadi
Old 22nd February 2011, 12:42   #19
BHPian

Quote:
I would say better take a bunk for a few hours and visit the Citizen Center Offices on any weekdays ( better visting them early morning 9:30 ish ) , just hoping you don't work in Hinjewadi
I stay in Pimple saudagar, Hinjewadi is just 3 kms from here.
Hence thinking of getting the LIC acknowledgement as proof and try first.
Hope this works.Else, the last option is to go and get the affidavit.
Old 22nd February 2011, 12:58   #20
BHPian

Hi, does anyone know if I can take delivery of vehicle without registration in Pimpri Chinchwad and go to RTO myself? I am in the process of buying a car from Planet Ford but Sales Executive is saying he cannot deliver a car for registering myself in Pimpri Chinchwad / Pune. His cost is about 4,500 more than the mandatory 7% tax.
Old 22nd February 2011, 13:28   #21
Senior - BHPian

Yes you can get the car on Temp Regn. number and register yourself at RTO. Total cost would be approx 1k that you would have to pay to a broker.
Old 23rd February 2011, 18:57   #22
BHPian

Quote:
I stay in Pimple saudagar, Hinjewadi is just 3 kms from here.
Hence thinking of getting the LIC acknowledgement as proof and try first.
Hope this works.Else, the last option is to go and get the affidavit.
Hope you got it done

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
Hi, does anyone know if I can take delivery of vehicle without registration in Pimpri Chinchwad and go to RTO myself? I am in the process of buying a car from Planet Ford but Sales Executive is saying he cannot deliver a car for registering myself in Pimpri Chinchwad / Pune. His cost is about 4,500 more than the mandatory 7% tax.
Is the dealer providing you with the reciepts of the surplus ammount . If not he can be booked for cheating . Call up Customer care guys for FORD and register a complaint with them about the excess charge being charged .
The dealer would receive his share of dose .
A bit here and there is acceptable (400-500 bucks ) but 4500 is something that needs to be taken care off .

I have already approached TATA motors for the so called logistic charge (without receipt ) and the dealer has got his share of luck rolling now .

IMHO , insist for receipts or refuse to pay the surplus .

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
Yes you can get the car on Temp Regn. number and register yourself at RTO. Total cost would be approx 1k that you would have to pay to a broker.
Couldn't agree more
Old 24th February 2011, 09:36   #23
BHPian

Yes. I finally got the affidavit done yesterday, from the Citzen Centre in Yerwada.
Thank you Pankaj(jealousdiamond) for guiding me.
Will update the entire experience soon.
Old 24th February 2011, 12:07   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Yes. I finally got the affidavit done yesterday, from the Citzen Centre in Yerwada.
Thank you Pankaj(jealousdiamond) for guiding me.
Will update the entire experience soon.
Sorry Mate ! Could'nt help you much , was stuck on the main road , hunting for the address of the BIG Tata Service Center which nobody had a clue of :( Was just in a rush .

Take it light
Old 24th February 2011, 14:48   #25
BHPian

Thanks Netfreakbombay and jealousdiamond for your answers. One question here. As of now I have asked the dealer to give me the car with CRTM having my hometown address (non Pune). Can I go to Pimpri Chinchwad RTO with this or I must register it in my hometown only?
Old 24th February 2011, 15:53   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
Thanks Netfreakbombay and jealousdiamond for your answers. One question here. As of now I have asked the dealer to give me the car with CRTM having my hometown address (non Pune). Can I go to Pimpri Chinchwad RTO with this or I must register it in my hometown only?
IMHO , you need to provide a location where you intend to register the vehicle (Should definately be in the same state , else you would need to pay the state tax etc.) . The address that you would be providing for the temp registartion would suffice for the deal . In case you do have a Pune adress proof you definately can walk in any of the Pune RTO's and get it registered as per your address jurisdiction. But this definately would be one heck of a task without agents .

I am presuming getting it done at your home town would be a lot easier for you (Comfy feeling ) , all sources in place etc etc .

Good Luck ! Keep us posted with your experience either ways !
Old 25th February 2011, 14:17   #27
BHPian

Re: New Car Registration Formalities In Pune Affidavit Exp in Citizen Centre Yerwada

It was of great help from our mate Mr. Pankaj ( jealousdiamond) who guided to me to Citizen centre in Yerwada and not to go to the main office behind Sasoon hospital instead. This really saved a lot of time, energy and fuel.
Now coming to the experience,

The background – Requirement of Affidavit: As my LIC policy premium is not paid since 3 half year preiums, I cannot apply for the address change request. ( due to my frequent shifting from locations Pune – Ahmedabad – Pune).I completely missed the due dates continuously. Hence there was no option other than the Pratignya Patra.

It was on 23rd Feb, I finally took leave from my office for half a day in the morning and left for Yerwada. After touching the main road of Pimple saudagar, I thought of calling Jealousmind for the driving directions. After giving guidance to Yerwada centre, he also mentioned and was not sure of such facility in Pimpri Chinchwad which is nearest to my place. I called up a colleague of mine who confirmed about the facility available in Pimpri, near the corner of Forbes Marshal when we come from Finolex chowk in Pimpri. I thought of giving it a try as it was just 9.00 am and was sure the main office will open only after 10.00 am.

Hence went there to find that such facility is only available in two places for Pune as mentioned by Pankaj earlier.

Immediately rushed to Yerwada. Pls find the location of the office as attached in the word document. Could n't copy and paste the same here from the document.

I finally reached the office by 10.30 am. Though Pankaj particularly mentioned in all his posts to carry a Rs.100 Stamp paper, I still didn’t take it along with me. It was not available near pimpri court at 9.30 am too. Hence, again went to Wadia college road from Yerwada, to search for it. After some guidance, was able to locate it. To my surprise, it is the very same place from which I used to catch the bus for Hyd. The mobus court if I am not wrong. Came to know, that due to some accidental deaths, no more busses are parked here and now it is occupied by many ‘Notary’ guys. Quickly bought a stamp paper (at no extra cost to my surprise). As a back up, took another Rs. 5 Revenue stamps in addition to my earlier Rs. 10 stock.

Rushed back to the citizen centre and the queue is already with 10 people ( Opp to C.1 in the layout below). Was easy to locate this room in the right side of the first floor.

The guy in the left most corner (C.1) had a P.C with a camera. We need to mention him about our requirement and he will fill all our details in the already prescribed format along with our pic and give us a rough print. We need to check and then go to the next counter (C.2). He charged me 50 bucks. Instead of Rs. 20 mentioned. As I was in a hurry, even though I felt guilty about the extra 30 bucks, I paid him.

Pls find the layout in the attached word document.

Now, seeing this, the guy in the next counter( C.2) who gives the final print out on our Stamp paper, was trying to look at me in a different angle. I simply ignored and did’nt encourage his eye contact.
Later moved to the signing authority( C.4. C.3 lady was helping C.4 gentleman), who again demanded another 50 bucks after taking my printed stamp paper in to his hands. After seeing my irritated expression, he says ‘ idhar kuch nahi milta hai saab’.
Then I insisted to give me a bill for which he was like ‘ who the hell is he?’ and then signed with a lot of hesitation. I simply didn’t bother and walked away after checking the printout once again.
It all finished in flat 40 mins. 30 mins in queue and 10 mins for coming out. Was back at the show room by 1.30 pm.

Thank you once again Pankaj.
Pardon me for the photograph quality. Took it from my 2. MP mobile camera while in the queue.
Attached Files
File Type: doc Affidavit Exp.doc (291.5 KB, 1474 views)
Old 25th February 2011, 14:32   #28
BHPian

Re: New Car Registration Formalities In Pune Affidavit Exp in Citizen Centre Yerwada

Quote:
I thought of calling Jealousmind for the driving directions.

How did you come to know that

Instead of Rs. 20 mentioned. As I was in a hurry, even though I felt guilty about the extra 30 bucks, I paid him.

That's where they catch you

Pls find the layout in the attached word document.
Thats good to hear that you finally got it done !
Corruption - nobody misses a chance , the moment they spot that you are in a hurry.

And Nice work for the graphics work (driving directions ) , No offence , just that the center is not called as Dand Adhikari Bhavan , its simply Citizen Service Center . The office behing Sasooon is the Dand Adhikari Bhavan .

Last edited by jealousdiamond : 25th February 2011 at 14:33.
Old 25th February 2011, 14:51   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Thats good to hear that you finally got it done !
Corruption - nobody misses a chance , the moment they spot that you are in a hurry.

And Nice work for the graphics work (driving directions ) , No offence , just that the center is not called as Dand Adhikari Bhavan , its simply Citizen Service Center . The office behing Sasooon is the Dand Adhikari Bhavan .
Sorry for the typography error jealousdiamond.
There was something written in marathi which was similar to Dand Adhikari bhavan. Hence simply interpreted the way I wanted it to be. Thought of taking a snap of the building too. But missed while leaving.
Old 25th February 2011, 14:59   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry for the typography error jealousdiamond.
There was something written in marathi which was similar to Dand Adhikari bhavan. Hence simply interpreted the way I wanted it to be. Thought of taking a snap of the building too. But missed while leaving.
No problem sir , was just kidding .
So when do we get to see the car , Sunday meet or later

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks