Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2011, 17:42   #31
BHPian

re: Pune - New car registration formalities and mandatory documents!

Pankaj, what other documents are necessary while self registering the car? I am told that I need to submit form 19, 20, 21, 22. Who will give form 19, 21, 22? Also do I need sale invoice with this? Please reply at the earliest as I have to go to my native place for registering the car in couple of days time. I don't want to go and come back without registering due missing out on any document
Old 4th March 2011, 14:22   #32
BHPian

Re: New Car Registration Formalities In Pune Affidavit Exp in Citizen Centre Yerwada

Quote:
Originally Posted by jealousdiamond View Post
No problem sir , was just kidding .
So when do we get to see the car , Sunday meet or later
I am still stuck with the required docs Pankaj, Actually planned the delivery on 28th. Was not ready with the address proof.
My rent aggrement was not registered and my owner stays in Nagpur. Also, just came to know that the fees for getting it registered is around 5k.
Then tried my LIC Policy and came to know that too was not active as I missed paying the installements since 3 half years due to my frequent transfers ( Pune - Ahmedabad - Pune) and hence it is lapsed.
Now to change it, I need to get it done from the actual place it was generated. My father is retired and he left that place since April 2009. Hence, the process is very slow.

Mean while, I completed the Pre- registration inspection twice at the yard. Will upload the pics soon.
Just waiting for the LIC reciept for the change of address.
Really getting help less over the issue day by day by waiting to hear from the agent there.
Old 4th March 2011, 16:31   #33
BHPian

Vehicle Registration Overview
1. Application Form
Form 20

Fees
Invalid Carriage-Rs 20
Motor cycle-Rs. 60
Light Motor vehicle.
1. Non transport Rs. 200
2. Light Commercial vehicle Rs. 300
Medium goods vehicle Rs. 400
Medium Passenger vehicle Rs. 400
Heavy goods vehicle Rs. 600
Heavy Passenger vehicle Rs. 600
Imported motor vehicle Rs. 800
Imported motorcycle Rs. 200
Any Other vehicle not mentioned above Rs. 300

Work Stages
Verification of documents.
Payment of registration fees.
Inspection of vehicle and document by motor vehicle Inspector.
Registration and tax order by ARTO / DyRTO
Payment of tax.
Data entry of documents.
Disclaimer Acceptance by owner/dealer.
Approval and registration mark allotment.
Payment of optical smart card fees.
Printing and distribution of smart card.

Period
Seven days.

Required Documents
Sale certificate in form 21.
Valid insurance certificate.
Road Worthiness certificate in form 22 from the manufacturer, form 21 A from the body builders.
Invoice of Ex-Show room price in case of non transport vehicle.
Chassis pencil print of vehicle, photograph, thumb impression of owner and hypothecation endorsement on form 20.
Temporary registration if any
Pan card or form 60 in case of CMV car.
Custom clearance certificate in case of imported vehicle along with license and bond if any.
Certificate of entry tax in case of MV purchased from other state.
Approval of design in case of trailer or a semi trailer.
Proof of address as per CMVR-4.
Fees Rs-350/- for optical smart card registration certificate.
Proof of legal presence in India in addition to proof of residential in case of foreigners.
Proof of citizenship.
Form CFA for fitness certificate in case of transport vehicle
Octroi proof if applicable.

Source : RTO, Pune

@ Shipnil : any RTO agent would provide you with the necesarry forms . Just make sure to carry the original invoice and Insurance cover note copy. Also please note in case its a financed vehicle remember to take the stamp / sign of the dealer and the bank on the Hypothecation section of form 20 .

Last edited by jealousdiamond : 4th March 2011 at 16:38.
jealousdiamond is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2011, 16:30   #34
BHPian

Hi Pankaj & the TBHP,
I am getting the delivery of my POLO on Dussara from Bhiwandi(near thane) outside octroi limits. on the CRTM documents.

I need to know which is the best route to drive to pune and do I need to pay octroi 2 times while crossing Thane.

Also let me know which all documents i need to carry along with me while travelling from bhivwandi to pune?

rgds
kd
Old 11th August 2012, 19:13   #35
BHPian

Thanks for starting this thread jealousdiamond. This is quite useful. I am planning to buy a car from D1 segment in next couple of months, and I think that the octroi charges of 4% in PMC add too much to the cost of the car - more than 80k. We have a farm and a house (not a farmhouse) in a village far from Pune district, but I don't have any address proof on my name. The address proofs are on my father's name. I am wondering if I can register the car in that district, and if yes, what documents do I need? Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 12th August 2012, 19:35   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandarMax View Post
Thanks for starting this thread jealousdiamond. This is quite useful. I am planning to buy a car from D1 segment in next couple of months, and I think that the octroi charges of 4% in PMC add too much to the cost of the car - more than 80k. We have a farm and a house (not a farmhouse) in a village far from Pune district, but I don't have any address proof on my name. The address proofs are on my father's name. I am wondering if I can register the car in that district, and if yes, what documents do I need? Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Step 1-Get a temporary registration done to take your car to your second house. You will require invoice, insurance and maybe passport/PAN card. Ensure this regn is valid from the day of delivery.
Step 2-Whichever district the village is in, you will have to register the car by going to the local RTO yourself atleast once before you find an agent.
Step 3-Get an affidavit done on stamp paper which should contain declaration by your father that you are his son [certified at mamledar kacheri in the district].
Step 4-Your identity proof which also mentions your fathers name: passport, PAN card.
Step 5-Whatever documents available of the house-eg 7/12 extract, MSEB bill, BSNL bill.
Step 6- Most importantly RTO can be whimsical. You will need to run around a bit.

Last edited by moralfibre : 13th August 2012 at 10:21. Reason: Please use appropriate punctuations and capital letters where applicable. Edited your post accordingly.
sidgo7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2012, 11:47   #37
BHPian

Hey Guys, Need some help. I stay in Mumbai, but also own a house in Chakan (Pune). What are the documents required as an address proof? I have the sales agreement for chakan address but all the proof of id's (passport, drv license) have mumbai address. Do I a need to get an affidavit, which is discussed in the earlier posts?
Old 22nd August 2012, 14:41   #38
BHPian

Loan disbursement done. Check handed over to Deccan Honda. RTO work in progress. Sadly, I've been asked to cough up 2500/- to Deccan Honda to be handed over to RTO agent

The reason that was given to me - "Saar! your Rent Agreement is not registered." Why the hell was I asked to get a Police Verification done of my address?

To all my queries, their response was - "It's the RTO rule saar. We can't do anything about it.

Current documents in my possession:
Rent agreement,
Police verification of address,
Affidavit done at Yerwada.

I've a feeling that I'm being overcharged. Can anyone help me out on this
Old 22nd August 2012, 14:50   #39
Senior - BHPian

Rent Agreement + Affidavit + BSNL telephone bill + Lightbill in Owners name + ID Proof + Driving License is more than enough.

If you still have the option and half-day to spare, do the registration yourself at Sangamwadi RTO. Go straight to the inquiry counter on the first floor (main building).
The guy there is a very helpful and gives very detailed instructions.

Edit: I have got two vehicles registered in my name in rented accommodation. No police verification. No agent involved.

Last edited by S_U_N : 22nd August 2012 at 14:53.
Old 23rd August 2012, 12:58   #40
BHPian

In the Jetta pricelist the RTO charges mentioned for individuals are 12% of the ex showroom price. Is this correct? I checked the RTO website and the tax mentioned is 7% for normal vehicles and 14% for imported vehicles.

RTO, Pune

The Jetta is CKD, so is that why the charges are 12%? But if that's the case, the Laura also is a CKD but the RTO charges seem to be around 10.4% for the TSI (Petrol) model and 12.3% for the TDI model. If the charges were different for petrol and diesel then I don't see the same difference in case of Jetta TSI, they seem to be charging 12% on petrol as well as diesel models. Is there something I am missing or is this a scam?
Old 12th May 2013, 10:18   #41
BHPian

Guys, sorry to resurrect this old thread. On Friday i took the delivery of my new car and wanted to share my experiences with you.

The car dealer was asking Rs 2500 for RTO formalities. The reason given was that i was not in a possession of a "registered" rent agreement. I accompanied the dealer agent to the RTO office and in summary Zero bribes were given that day. Documents required:
  • Rent agreement (Notarized on a Rs 500 Stamp paper )
  • Permanent Address proof (Passport or Voters ID card or LIC Policy)
  • PAN Card
  • Permanent and current address letter from your company
  • Affidavit on a Rs 100 stamp paper (Pratigya Patra, Details below)
  • Current Address Light bill
  • Tenant Verification form Stamped from your Local police station.

I was told that there was a problem with my documents and the way out would be to grease some palms . I went to the RTO office in the afternoon and met the concerned officer (Mr Saghare was a nice person) and got NOC from him.

Process to get the Affidavit (Pratigya Patra):

You need a Rs 100 stamp paper and Rs 5 court receipt stamp (both are available at Shivaji nagar court). Documents required are the same as above and you need to go to Pune district collectorate's Citizen Facilitation Centre (CFC) also known as Nagrik Suvidha Kendra in Shivajinagar godown (refer the map attached). The CFC opens at 10 AM in the morning and it is closed on weekends. I reached there at 12PM which was a mistake considering the rush and because of the Lunch hour it took me 4 hours to get this document . I suggest you try to reach at around 9:30 AM and go directly to counter 4 or 5. There is no fees for this affidavit and avoid touts. Speaking of touts, they will take a look at your documents and will announce that you will not be able to get it stamped.

Hope this helps somebody and avoid the guilt of abetting corruption.
Attached Thumbnails
Pune - New car registration formalities and mandatory documents!-cfc.png  

acsandeep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2013, 22:24   #42
BHPian

I recently purchased a pre-owned car that is registered with the Thane RTO from a local dealer. I have already provided all the required documents while accepting delivery of the vehicle. There is no bank hypothecation or other such encumbrance on the vehicle either.

As per the information provided by the dealer these documents as well as the original registration card would be sent to the Thane RTO to obtain a NOC file. I did not receive a definitive reply on the amount of time that this entire process would require.

-- What is the usual time period required to obtain the NOC file from the Thane RTO for a vehicle to be registered in Pune city?

-- It would be great to get information on the amount of time that other people encountered while registering a used car in Pune city.
Old 24th September 2014, 19:19   #43
BHPian

Guys,

I'd like to revive this old thread as I'm badly in need of help. It may sound so simple by the looks of it.

I've planned to buy a Punto Evo and all formalities including loan disbursement are completed. My friend has a flat on the outskirts of Pune. So I had a registered rent agreement made with him. Here comes the tricky part.

The dealer, Pandit auto says police verification is compulsory for RTO. So we went to Wadagoan maval PS and filled in the form attaching all proofs. He just took the filled in form and said ok. We asked for an acknowledgement saying it's required for RTO and I was in for a rude shock.

"what if you murdered someone and came here. we can't guarantee all you guys." Note that my friend is a local so he talked to him in Marathi asking if he's hinting at something. He says "I don't need anything, but I'm not going to give any stamp on xerox etc"

I asked "So what should I do. You have to help me please; or give it in writing that you stopped giving verification"

He says "I won't. Don't buy a vehicle. Go to your state and buy it. I don't care".

I would've felt better if someone slapped me :( I didn't expect it from an Indian. I called up the dealer and he says it's compulsory. I'm in a fix and am wondering if this is Nature's way of hinting me not to buy

I came home now and searched online. I found a news article in which the RTO mentioned that either a police verification or an affidavit is required.

Can anyone who recently went through this process advise me.

[ I was so excited and am preparing a thread on how I planned to do a 1200km road trip to my hometown for Dussera. But it looks like fate had other plans]
Old 28th September 2014, 07:11   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rav11stars View Post
Guys,

He says "I won't. Don't buy a vehicle. Go to your state and buy it. I don't care".
From what i have understood, the cop has learned about why you are in desperate need of a police verification. Big mistake. In my case i told the cops that its required as part of the society rules. I am not sure of Maval, in my case i had gone to Wanowarie ps situated near Hadapsar industrial area and i had got it "on the spot". Sorry to say you would have to pay convenience charges aka. bribe.
Old 28th September 2014, 10:27   #45

While buying an Hero Pleasure 2 years ago in Pune all I needed was an affidavit on a Rs. 100 stamp which the showroom guys helped prepare (for a hefty fee though).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks