Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2011, 12:04   #76
BHPian

Re: February 2011 : Indian Car Sales Figures

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
No SX4 sales includes Diesel. The sales reported by GTO is the primary sale (Company to dealers). So Diesels were despatched to dealers in Feb.

Again SX4 includes diesel. However the lower sales of city could be because of the recall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
These are manufacturer despatches to the dealers & the SX 4 figures would therefore include Diesel as well.
Not even single SX4 diesel was sold last month. They have just taken the booking as per a dealer in Bangalore.

Do you mean all these while have we been reading about the sales of company to dealers? Hope this applies to Honda City also ;-) So are there chances that many of these are lying in dealer's yard after people saw the recall and canceled their orders?

So when I read Fortuner -900+ Accent/Verna- 1500+, it means the number of vehicles from manufacturer to dealer's yard, not to the end customer.
Does it mean that out of 21 CRVs none of them had gone to customer or only 50% Fortuner has gone to customer.

I have always been thinking that the figures we read in this site are the *number actually sold*. Poor me.

Revered, worshiped, adored Honda City is taking a beating just because of a recall of very minuscule no:of their vehicles.
Last year Toyota had recalled millions of cars in US. Still it's the highest selling there.
This brings one thing to the forefront. We Indians are very emotional, however rational we try to act to be.
Imagine if Maruti or Hyundai or Toyota recalls their vehicles in India. Maruti and Hyundai will definitely have to shut shop
Old 2nd March 2011, 12:29   #77
Senior - BHPian

We should look into the fact that vento is available in diesel whereas Honda city is not. So a car which offers more value i.e. the vento because of the diesel option will sell more without any doubt. But this would not be fair to declare a car now a failure.

I am rather interested in ONLY PETROL figures of vento/sx4 in comparison to city. With diesel option the car is in entirely different segment.

If Honda launches a diesel city (which I am sure they will not), the sales number can reach 10K mark easily.
PS - Do Honda manufactures diesel engines anywhere in world?
Old 2nd March 2011, 12:43   #78
BHPian

Wow. Go VENTO!!!

Nissan is doing much better alone with Micra than they did with Logan partnering Mahindra. Time to launch the SUNNY. I think that Micra diesel could be the tipping point for Nissan.

Etios should come up with diesel variant D4D.
Old 2nd March 2011, 12:45   #79
BHPian

What a reversal of fortunes for Ford. It sells more than Chevy and a bit lesser than Toyota despite having fewer offerings than the other 2. The new Fiesta should only take its numbers higher. An AT version for Figo would make things better for Ford.

Good to see the sedan space hotting up. City, Vento and SX4 are all neck and neck. Again, the new Fiesta would make things interesting.

Fewer numbers for Jazz and Aria show that the Indian consumer is very keen on VFM offerings.
Old 2nd March 2011, 12:49   #80
BHPian

Good to see that VW Vento numbers slowly climbing to market leader position.

New i10 looks much better than the old one.
And this car is available off shelf or 1 or 2 week waiting despite having 15k sales month on month were Figo / polo / swift has 3 months waiting may be another reason for the huge numbers.

Here is the story of my friend's Car buying (I think this logic apply to most of the Rural car buyers) One day morning he woke up with a dream of owning a car with the budget of 5+ lk, First step :- called up all his friends he got some list( Wagen R, Swift, Ritz, Figo, i10), checked with all dealers went to showroom and did a test drive of all in one day shortlisted Figo-D, Ritz P, i10. checked the avilability i10 was the only car available off shelf he just bought it.I think in Rural areas buying car is like buying a TV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkbkr1212 View Post
So when I read Fortuner -900+ Accent/Verna- 1500+, it means the number of vehicles from manufacturer to dealer's yard, not to the end customer.
Does it mean that out of 21 CRVs none of them had gone to customer or only 50% Fortuner has gone to customer.

I have always been thinking that the figures we read in this site are the *number actually sold*. Poor me.
bkbkr1212: Most of the Honda Showrooms doesn't even display CRV , You need to book and wait, they will deliver it once booking is confirmed, So 21 customers are waiting for CRV for at least 1 month.

When i bought NHC 2.5 years back, CRV was available @ 17lk and was segment leader . Now same CRV cost 20+lk and least selling in the segment , Its suffering because of the ridiculous pricing.

For Fortuner , Etios, swift and dezire people are waiting months after paying the advance booking amount, so once these vehicles reach the showroom yard, it will reach customers within 14 days max.
Old 2nd March 2011, 13:05   #81
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
ST+Marshal+Maxx : 916
GVitara : 5
Mitsubishi
Ambassador : 302
Does Mahindra still sell Marshal and Maxx? What is ST, softtop as in Thar?

Grand Vitara sales have gone up by 5 times compared to Jan, it warms my heart...

So, Ambassador is now the best selling car of Mitsubishi? How did it come to this...

Last edited by .anshuman : 2nd March 2011 at 15:54. Reason: Some referenced posts were removed.
Old 2nd March 2011, 13:07   #82
anb
BHPian

Sales of Lancer is not mentioned in the post. Has HM stopped selling lancers?
Old 2nd March 2011, 13:17   #83
BHPian

As we all know, owning a car is no more a luxury. Feeding the car is.

With the price difference between petrol and diesel getting wider, i think it will have a big impact on sales of petrol cars. The government considers inflation as a big threat to the "growing" India. So i do not see any massive correction in diesel pricing for at least a year (it will go up, but not by a big margin). A split up of petrol-diesel in the sales of successful models like Figo, Micra, Vento, Polo, Swift, Dzire, Indigo would give us the real picture. My guess is that the sales of above cars will increase because of their diesel options (FIAT is a mystery though ). Personally, 3 guys at our office got new cars last month and all are diesel (2 Figo titaniums and my DZIRE ZDI)

Coming to SX4 D Vs CITY, the new entrant SX4 D will cause a dent in City sales. Why? because i get the diesel power and mileage at the cost of a petrol car with similar (or less) features! Vento is already doing it. SX4 D will add fuel to that fire. (IMHO)

OT: I like the new SX4 ads. (You know.. SX4 Diesel is here.)
Old 2nd March 2011, 14:22   #84
Senior - BHPian

Encouraging to see the Nano and the Figo doing pretty well.

The Nano doing around 8000 pieces is good but still its a long way to go for the perky little nano.

Figo : Around 7900 pieces blitzing the Polo and the Punto. It has overtaken the Maruti Ritz too..which is good to see.

The swift did 10,000 +. Kudos to this car.

All the competition will only further heat the market with better results for the customer.

cheers,
ac
Old 2nd March 2011, 14:28   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
So, Ambassador is now the best selling car of Mitsubishi? How did it come to this...
may because of its increasing number of Taxi's in Kolkata

i too bought the new i10 only after TD'ing it. Was not interested in the MS stable nor GM and Figo petrol just didnt impress me much. So i10 it was
Old 2nd March 2011, 14:29   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by live&ride View Post
Wow. Go VENTO!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vvvinod View Post
Good to see that VW Vento numbers slowly climbing to market leader position.
I am glad to see Vento climbing up the ladder in-spite of of the long waiting period.Launched just 7 months back,this car will give VW India a major boost in sales.

VW has sold a total of 53,341 units of its cars in 2010 as compared to mere 19,001 units sold in the preceding year and i am sure 2011 will be a very promising year for VW India.

Way to go VW India.
Old 2nd March 2011, 14:31   #87
BHPian

Why is Mitsubishi not closing shop in India ?

Mitsubishi
Ambassador : 302
Cedia : 19
Outlander : 72
Pajero : 140
Montero : 11
EVO X : 01

19 Cedia's all india would be a huge loss for all dealers and the company

SUV's sell about 4000 - 6000 per month all over India with Fortuner and CRV having a bulk of the shares. Do they justify removal of Diesel subsidies for SUV's?
Old 2nd March 2011, 15:02   #88
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedkrish View Post
SUV's sell about 4000 - 6000 per month all over India with Fortuner and CRV having a bulk of the shares. Do they justify removal of Diesel subsidies for SUV's?
The CRV is no longer the king of Luxury SUV segment, it's not even close to others. The best selling Desi SUV's are Scorpio and Bolero and the Luxury segment is ruled by Fortuner. Surprisingly the Yeti managed better figures than other softroaders.

Captiva:133 - Deserves better numbers.
CRV:21- Expect even worse numbers once X1 delivery starts.
Outlander:72- Taking advantage of CRV's crazy pricing?
Pajero: 140- Good old classic SUV still has fanbase.
Yeti:253- Unexpectedly doing well.
Endeavour:336- If Could have been best selling in the segment
Fortuner:991- King of the luxury segment.
Scorpio:3924- Continues to do well.
Safari:1850- Not bad but Deserves better numbers.
Bolero:7161- Cash cow for Mahindra. Majority of rural sales here?
X-Trail:36- CBU pricing messed it
Grand Vitara:5(Hope Kizashi does not end up like this)
Santa Fe:126- Good numbers considering the high pricing.

If we include the MUVs-(
Innova:4515
Aria:173
Xylo:2287
Tavera:1554
Sumo:2315

Last edited by .anshuman : 2nd March 2011 at 15:21.
Old 2nd March 2011, 15:25   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDIAN_VAGABOND View Post
ANHC sales have taken a definite hit due to the 58000 recall. Honda should better do something fast to arrest this erosion in confidence in customers.

Looks like SX4 has gained big at the expense of ANHC and only the Petrol version was sold last month.

Once Diesel SX4 starts selling this month, ANHC numbers will be interesting to watch out for !!
Recall may not be the only factor; as per reports, the recall is for versions released in 2009, which is nearly 2 years ago. Vento comes with all the goodies (ACC, CD Player, rear AC vents, both Tilt and Telescopic steering) which ANHC doesn't offer. And it does not needlessly add chrome to everything and increase prices! Just add a leather seats to it, and it's as good as ANHC Exclusive at a much lower price! Well, it does not have the iVTEC, but not everyone is an enthusiast as correctly pointed out earlier.
Old 2nd March 2011, 15:30   #90
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tats07 View Post
Recall may not be the only factor; as per reports, the recall is for versions released in 2009, which is nearly 2 years ago. Vento comes with all the goodies (ACC, CD Player, rear AC vents, both Tilt and Telescopic steering) which ANHC doesn't offer. And it does not needlessly add chrome to everything and increase prices! Just add a leather seats to it, and it's as good as ANHC Exclusive at a much lower price! Well, it does not have the iVTEC, but not everyone is an enthusiast as correctly pointed out earlier.

More so ANHC has no diesel variant to offer!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks