Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2011, 21:12   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Why would you buy a car with DLF logo???

Well, those stickers would definitely not be stolen!
I agree with your concern about the dealer stickers, theya re such a nuisance, I have had to tell them every time even during servicing. Once I also refused to take the car as they put the sticker there despite clear instructions to the contrary.

Last edited by bblost : 14th March 2011 at 21:22. Reason: Quoted post has been edited. Thanks.
Old 14th March 2011, 21:16   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
I am curious to find the reason ever since I saw this:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-24-lakhs.html

So guys,
Could you help find the answer please?

I see that VW want to be asscociated with IPL so they launch a car with "IPL" written on it.
OK, I can understand (even though I am not an IPL fan at all)!
But why "DLF"?
Just because DLF is the official sponsor of IPL???

What if IPL was sponsored by MTR or Lux or VIP or someone? Why should anyone be happily carrying these names on his/her car?
Or say Le Meridian or Radisson - the owner would look like a staff driver ferrying the hotel customers to/from the airport...lol.

No offence to any of these companies - I have no regard or disregard for them, but I find this incredibly weird.

Unless of course, the car is (part)financed by the DLF or the guy works for DLF or something, in which case may be it makes sense for him...

Thanks!
Couldn't agree more. What if the sponsor is jockey? Instead of these 'Cheesy' gimmicks, VW could do something more respectable, like doing away with their base version cars without ABS & airbags and offering only cars with these safety features. THAT, would help then win more customers and a little bit of respect too.

Last edited by bblost : 14th March 2011 at 21:22. Reason: Quoted post has been edited. Thanks.
Old 14th March 2011, 21:31   #63
Senior - BHPian

Agree, I dont even allow dealer stickers on my car and clearly instruct them when I go for service. And VW Vento limited edition stickers look wierd.
Old 14th March 2011, 21:35   #64
Senior - BHPian

Hope you know that every year Ford also comes out with a F-150 Truck with "Harley Davidson" stickers.
Old 14th March 2011, 21:50   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Agree, I dont even allow dealer stickers on my car and clearly instruct them when I go for service. And VW Vento limited edition stickers look wierd.
Ditto! But unless those stickers are hard to remove, it's a really good deal IMO!
Old 14th March 2011, 22:07   #66
Senior - BHPian

any hoo, i for one wouldn't want the DLF or for that matter IPL logos on my car unless i were a really really big fan of both. my sister, when she was getting her BMW 3 series, didn't even want the 318D on the boot lid. i fail to understand why VW went for such a move!

Last edited by Rehaan : 15th March 2011 at 10:47. Reason: Editing post as per last PM.
Old 14th March 2011, 23:35   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Report & Pics: VW Vento IPL Edition EDIT : Now IPL Edition II Launched for 2012 IPL

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron_head View Post
Couldn't agree more. What if the sponsor is jockey? Instead of these 'Cheesy' gimmicks, VW could do something more respectable, like doing away with their base version cars without ABS & airbags and offering only cars with these safety features. THAT, would help then win more customers and a little bit of respect too.
You said it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Ditto. And Indian dealers really are retarded with their choice of fonts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Hope you know that every year Ford also comes out with a F-150 Truck with "Harley Davidson" stickers.
Ford pickups and Harleys share similar personality traits and customer base.
But DLF? Seriously???

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
any hoo, i for one wouldn't want the DLF or for that matter IPL logos on my car unless i were a really really big fan of both. my sister, when she was getting her BMW 3 series, didn't even want the 318D on the boot lid. i fail to understand why VW went for such a move!
VW India is run by real nuts IMO.

Skoda is having a phenomenal time in India using VW's state of the art engines and gearboxes, while VW are themselves busy selling outdated cars powered by anemic engines...and now sticking weird logos on them...

Last edited by Rehaan : 15th March 2011 at 10:49. Reason: PM coming up.
Old 15th March 2011, 07:58   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driveanddrive View Post
Ditto! But unless those stickers are hard to remove, it's a really good deal IMO!

I would stress a lot on the part in bold. Really, it only appeals if the car could be ridden of all that crap stuck at various places.
Anyone with a brand new car trying to get rid of the sticker and ending up spoiling/scratching the body would be seriously
Old 15th March 2011, 11:50   #69
BHPian

re: Report & Pics: VW Vento IPL Edition EDIT : Now IPL Edition II Launched for 2012 IPL

ICE looks really good. Anybody knows the price of this unit? I was planning to buy Witson but would go for this if it is comparable in cost?
Old 15th March 2011, 13:51   #70
Senior - BHPian

If the IPL edition is not enough , take a look at this :

Report & Pics: VW Vento IPL Edition EDIT : Now IPL Edition II Launched for 2012 IPL-maruti_suzuki_ritz_ipl_edition.jpg

Courtesy : RUSHLANE
Old 16th March 2011, 17:51   #71
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Lets think for a moment here; VW already has a pretty hefty backlog of Vento orders. Why a new edition?

It's simple : The base petrol simply hasn't sold as well as expected! This is a trick mastered by GM & Ford in India. If you want to get rid of your inventory, slap some extras on, call it "xxxx limited edition" and voila! Inventory cleared.

Of course, VW - being the flamboyant personality that it is - wouldn't have merely badged it as yet another limited edition. They had to go out and sign a contract with IPL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fz_rider View Post
Old 16th March 2011, 18:51   #72
BHPian

Quote:

Courtesy : RUSHLANE
Icing on the cake is that Helmet on top!!
Old 12th April 2011, 18:11   #73
BHPian

I just received a call from the sales guy that this is a kit of Rs. 25000/- value. The music system doesn' t have a CD slot but has USB/IPOD, so not sure if it is an RNS/RCD system. Can anyone confirm what model this could be?
Old 17th April 2011, 09:12   #74
BHPian

Apart from all the critics and opinion what really caught my attention is
the HU system... I have booked Polo Highline and would like to swap that music system with the one on IPL edition

I don't care if it doesn't have CD, if it allows me to connect my iPhone and allows handsfree calling that's just great

Has anyone checked the actual price of the unit and features in detail? And does anyone know if it's an option to buy "additionally"

Thanks
Old 17th April 2011, 17:55   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Remember the Fiat Palio which was a limited edition Sachin Tendulkar autographed model available only in a Canary Yellow. Well if Sachin could not push the sales of a car, i doubt a Petrol Vento with horrendous IPL badges etc will do much for the Vento.

I remember, i had gone to take a look at the Palio 1.6 at the Crawford market showroom and the ST version which was priced at a premium over the 1.6 with a lot of supposed addons, was being sold at 50k less than the ordinary Palio 1.6!! Later im told these cars were sold at a much attractive discount. I think VW have gone mad to try this cheap stunt. Instead they should take lessons from Honda City which every now and then gets some special edition like the "Anniversary" etc to sell their cars.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks