Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2011, 20:44   #46
BHPian

Re: Infiniti to enter India soon !

Its surely is good news that Infinity has plans to enter into indian market. However since they are luxury cars and therefore logically priced upwards of 20-25 lakhs, does the brand have what it takes to beat the germans?
They would need to offer a lot more car/SUV for the same price or lower than BMW/Merc/AUDI if they hope to make a dent in the luxury car market.

I guess they would need to start pricing in the Honda Accord territory upwards to make headway - if they are serious.

That still put it out of reach for me and most nissan/infinity fans
Old 9th November 2011, 22:56   #47
Senior - BHPian

In markets like the US, Infiniti mostly prices their vehicles slightly lower than the German Trio, ie merc, bmw and audi and also the Japanese Giant Lexus. Lets see if they follow suit here in India when they come.

Also, they need a really good Dealer network as well which the parent company Nissan lacks seriously in India.
Old 10th November 2011, 15:55   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fx45 View Post
In markets like the US, Infiniti mostly prices their vehicles slightly lower than the German Trio, ie merc, bmw and audi and also the Japanese Giant Lexus. Lets see if they follow suit here in India when they come.

Also, they need a really good Dealer network as well which the parent company Nissan lacks seriously in India.
If Infiniti ever come to India, then it is better to remain independent of Nissan. In that case, starting off with few exclusive dealers will definitely help the cause. That's how the Germans established themselves in India.
Old 19th June 2013, 22:57   #49
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Spotted a black Infiniti QX today at Worli. To say it was big would be an understatement, it looked humongous! It was running on Dubai plates.

Btw, any progress by Infiniti in India?
Old 19th June 2013, 23:24   #50
BHPian

Finally, some great visual treats coming up in Mumbai. I have always been a fan of the infinitys looks, i even had posters as a kid.
Old 20th June 2013, 11:19   #51
Senior - BHPian

There are a few Infiti cars in Bombay and 3 cars have been brought by the person said to have the dealership. I really hope this person does not have the dealership and what i was told in wrong, he would just ruin the Brand name here in India. If he does have the dealership then i wonder how the company gave it to him and if they carried out a market survey or did some research of their own. The said person has lost most of his dealerships and the latest being Maseratti and Ferrari.
Old 13th July 2013, 15:30   #52
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Something different from the regular German brigade!
Source: Autocar
Infiniti to enter India soon !-inf.jpg

PPS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2013, 23:21   #53
BHPian

I saw a gunmetal coloured Infiniti QX in Mulund, Mumbai recently. This too had a Dubai registration plate and it looked like it was just driven from the shipyard. Like @PPS mentioned, humongous is an understatement. The 22-inchers with 275 rubber send a shiver down your spine!! Apart from the size, there is nothing appealing though. It is butt ugly, IMO.
Old 27th September 2013, 19:21   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
I saw a gunmetal coloured Infiniti QX in Mulund, Mumbai recently. This too had a Dubai registration plate and it looked like it was just driven from the shipyard. Like @PPS mentioned, humongous is an understatement. The 22-inchers with 275 rubber send a shiver down your spine!! Apart from the size, there is nothing appealing though. It is butt ugly, IMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Spotted a black Infiniti QX today at Worli. To say it was big would be an understatement, it looked humongous! It was running on Dubai plates.

Btw, any progress by Infiniti in India?
What you saw was the QX56. Happened to see it yesterday. There's also a black FX50 SUV in Mumbai, that's more ugly!
Old 27th September 2013, 21:44   #55
BHPian

QX56 which is the largest SUV offered by Infiniti which was based on Nissan Armada but now QX80 is based out of Nissan Patrol. They are really huge even in US roads and I mostly see these vehicles driven by a single women(mom). But it will be a serious pain to drive in India with tight parking and narrow lanes. I am saying this based on my experience in driving Chevy Suburban and GMC Yukon XLT in US, it's pain to back out of these beast from tight parking lots. But I can assure you one thing , you can solidly travel in these kind of vehicles for upto 15 hours a day without much body pain (I did that).They move like beast and you feel like flying. Don't except any mileage out these beast and they are thirsty with their 5 liter V8s.

Last edited by Sudan_NFS : 27th September 2013 at 22:01. Reason: corrected few infos
Old 8th October 2013, 07:15   #56
BHPian

Infiniti is becoming more popular in the US especially among younger buyers - the new 2014 Q50 is a car worth salivating over...
Old 8th October 2013, 14:21   #57
BHPian

The Dubai-reg QX would be an LHD for sure on a carnet. There are many FX30ds in Mumbai as well. A black one is usually seen in andheri area.
Old 24th October 2013, 09:19   #58
Senior - BHPian

Spotted these Inifinit SUV's and Sedans at the Mazgaon Port yesterday, do not have any details of these but seemed to be in a sorry state. Pardon my ignorance for not noting the model numbers as was in a hurry.
Attached Thumbnails
Infiniti to enter India soon !-20131023_145036.jpg  

Infiniti to enter India soon !-20131023_145053.jpg  

Infiniti to enter India soon !-20131023_145059.jpg  

Infiniti to enter India soon !-20131023_145618.jpg  

Infiniti to enter India soon !-20131023_145721.jpg  

Maverick5490 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2013, 05:28   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick5490 View Post
Spotted these Inifinit SUV's and Sedans at the Mazgaon Port yesterday, do not have any details of these but seemed to be in a sorry state. Pardon my ignorance for not noting the model numbers as was in a hurry.
The SUV with roof rails in couple of pics is the FX35. One of my friend in US owns it. Awesome car for an SUV. Not sure about its off-road capabilities though. I don't know about the other cars.
Old 25th October 2013, 12:43   #60
BHPian

The sedan sandwiched between two Cayennes is M, the other sedan is G37 (I think they have started calling it just G now), the smaller SUV is EX 35 (now called QX50) and the bigger SUV is FX 45 (now called QX70).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks