Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2011, 01:40   #16
BHPian

Re: Making of an Indian Car TV commercial

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishaanranderia View Post
Part 1
(* I am avoiding names and exact details and discussions so that no one is offended and the pre production details like storyboard, script, treatment are owned by the creative members involved)
Hey Ishaan. Congrats dude! I know all the creative people (from agency side) who've worked on it. In fact, I'm from the same agency. But not my script. And well, now that it's already aired, here's the link of it's press release in Campaign India:

New Tata Manza TVC says the car has everything the experts want - News - Advertising - Campaign India
Old 20th April 2011, 19:40   #17
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohit View Post
Brilliant! I've seen this video before. Even the video of the video shoot is so well done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishaanranderia View Post
I recently finished film school and have been assisting on features and ad films.
Well, congratulations on starting your career with one of the best ads in recent time. I have to admit : Nearly all of Tata's commercials are excellent.

Out of curiousity, how much is the total time (in days) spent on such an ad? From start to end?

Here is another (typically genius) Tata ad:

Old 20th April 2011, 23:41   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

I have to admit : Nearly all of Tata's commercials are excellent.
Very true !! TATAs have excellent commercials. And the "Reclaim your life" is really a TOP CLASS ONE !! I remember this was one of the very few ads which used to excite me and I used to stop doing whatever I do and run to the TV when I hear that music. The way Safari jumps high, drift in the mud, there used to be adrenaline rush in me...and the urge to OWN ONE & MAKE MY OWN ROAD !!
Old 21st April 2011, 00:26   #19
Senior - BHPian

Man this is awesome stuff. Thanks a lot for sharing this. I think this is a first for team-bhp.
Keep it coming. Are the cartoons (No offence meant but I do not know what you call them) hand drawn?
Old 21st April 2011, 00:48   #20
Senior - BHPian

@ishaan - I am glued to this thread. See so many car ads but never thought about how those are made. Thanks for sharing the details. 18 days for a 2 -3 minutes ad

There is one thread going about the value of Team-BHP. I think this is what is value for me. Getting information on varied different things on one single forum.

One question - Who gives the inputs for the story board. My guess it is the creative guys based on the brief given by the TATA motors marketing team.
Old 21st April 2011, 11:06   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
Man this is awesome stuff. Thanks a lot for sharing this. I think this is a first for team-bhp.
Keep it coming. Are the cartoons (No offence meant but I do not know what you call them) hand drawn?
Yup. These are done by a story-board artist. Each and every frame in the TVC is illustrated for the reference of the director. And also to make sure that no shot is missed.
Old 21st April 2011, 11:20   #22
Senior - BHPian

Ahhh .... This is really excellent stuff. We hardly see 15-20 seconds on TV & efforts behind that success is tremendous. This particular ad is really innovative & class act. It didn't point to anybody but gives the message perfectly. It is targeted mainly on Japs.

Brilliant work dude. All the best for your future ads. Keep them coming.

Just a one question from my side. Generally what is the overall budget for such ads? I mean to say how much total money you spend to create this ad?
Old 21st April 2011, 12:07   #23
BHPian

@ishaanranderia
Man, you opened up a whole new dimension on team-bhp. I think you would be the first to start this kind of thread here. Hope we have more such persons (artists/cinematographer/director/etc.) like you involved with Automobile commercials (TV/Print Media). Thanks for sharing all these details.

For those who enjoy such commercials, there exists a thread for TVC here.
Old 21st April 2011, 12:09   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
Ahhh .... This is really excellent stuff. We hardly see 15-20 seconds on TV & efforts behind that success is tremendous. This particular ad is really innovative & class act. It didn't point to anybody but gives the message perfectly. It is targeted mainly on Japs.

Brilliant work dude. All the best for your future ads. Keep them coming.

Just a one question from my side. Generally what is the overall budget for such ads? I mean to say how much total money you spend to create this ad?

~ 1 crore for car shoot in india
~ 2 crore for car shoot in abroad

very much dependent on the location, production house, Agency, brand ambassador etc
Old 21st April 2011, 12:21   #25
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Hi Ishaan,

Your recent storyboard post was AWESOME! Thanks for sharing. I've merged it with your opening post, so that no one misses it.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2011, 16:29   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

@Ishaan, thanks for showing us the unedited video of the Manza ad.
"Nippon Motors" indeed. Should put to rest fellow team-bhpians doubts whether it is directed against the Japs or the Koreans.
Also @aerohit.Thanks for the Aria video. Was surprised it's shot in the desert.Thought that it must be shot in the north Europe somewhere ice ground.
Liked the way the Aria is made to bounce
Old 21st April 2011, 19:07   #27
Senior - BHPian

Excellent. Good to know all the details which go into making of a single ad. Wonderful story boarding as well!!! Thanks for sharing.
Old 22nd April 2011, 12:54   #28
BHPian

Wonderful post Ishaan.

It is always good to know about all the hard works that go into turning a visualization int reality.

Keep them coming.

Tathagata
Old 22nd April 2011, 18:21   #29
BHPian

Thanks a lot for letting us normal people know what all goes into making an advertisement. I have been a big fan of the ad ever since it aired.
But there was something that had bothered me about the time the ad was aired the first time. If I assume correctly, the general impression was that the ad was targeted at the Japs, and if I believe correctly, the time the ad was aired first was around the same time Japan was hit by the killer Quake+Tsunami. I remember seeing the ad on the TV for the first time and marveling at what a brilliant and well put together ad and idea it was, but the next thing which struck me was that maybe TATAs should have delayed the ad or pulled it off air for a few days seeing how bad Japan was hit and the magnitude of the lives lost in the calamity.
Just my opinion on the same thing. I am still a big fan of TATA ads and this one was no exception either.
Old 23rd April 2011, 11:27   #30
BHPian

Re: Sorry just realized this shouldnt have been posted right now, but keep going.....

I am in e-learning, we do this all the time storyboarding is an important part of even approval

Last edited by Mindgrinder : 23rd April 2011 at 11:35.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks