Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2006, 16:22   #31
BHPian

Do the regs of the mumbai SR 06 remain the same for bangalore as well.

Have the dates of bangalore SR been finalised......heard there was a meeting of sorts with the MAI and bangalore tuners.
Old 15th March 2006, 16:50   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
heard there was a meeting of sorts with the MAI and bangalore tuners.
Whoa! Sounds like a two rival mafia clans meeting
Old 15th March 2006, 18:29   #33
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Rtech a few clarifications ..

1. Since when did drag racing start to be about only cars/bikes .. Isnt the driver/rider ought to make any diffrence ?? It baffles me asto how could the winners be declared based on just ET's ..
2. Does this mean that 1600 cc zens can run in the FI 1600 class along with the vtecs , lancers, balenos et all ..
3. When are the dates confirmed for ..
4. Heard the MAI meeting went well and all have agreed to take part .. Is this true ??
5. Btw were u present at the MAI meeting too ?? If yes , we can/could meet up u know !!!
Old 15th March 2006, 20:29   #34
BHPian

Can someone make it clear , basis on which timing is going to be done for the drag...is ET inclusive of rxn times OR is it ET+ RT .There was some confusion in the bike results as it pointed out on the other forum.

Is there a link to the site where the exact rules are given.
Old 15th March 2006, 21:58   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous
Whoa! Sounds like a two rival mafia clans meeting
Yea nitrous.. haha.. Maybe the 'MAI' made an offer the 'Bangalore Tuners' could not refuse.
Old 15th March 2006, 22:22   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by z klasse
Yea nitrous.. haha.. Maybe the 'MAI' made an offer the 'Bangalore Tuners' could not refuse.
Maybe one of them got the "Kiss of Death"
Old 16th March 2006, 15:32   #37
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Have the dates of bangalore SR been finalised
Nope

Quote:
heard there was a meeting of sorts with the MAI and bangalore tuners.
Not just Bangalore tuners, but all tuners from India were invited.

Quote:
1. Since when did drag racing start to be about only cars/bikes .. Isnt the driver/rider ought to make any diffrence ?? It baffles me asto how could the winners be declared based on just ET's ..
Mcl, the bombay timings were only ET's. It was done that way as there was a communication mix up with the timekeepers.
BTW, if you think a driver has no effect on ET, I beg to differ. Try doing 5 starts and see your times. Each one will be different. Also, its not written in stone that both RT and ET must be added. There are organisers across the world that run with only ET.

Quote:
2. Does this mean that 1600 cc zens can run in the FI 1600 cl*** along with the vtecs , lancers, balenos et all ..
I'v answered this a few times already, but it seems it hasn't got through. Anyway, the simple answer now is NO.
Quote:
3. When are the dates confirmed for ..
Answered above.

Quote:
4. Heard the MAI meeting went well and all have agreed to take part .. Is this true ??
Yes, the meeting went well. But, it was not about people taking part or not. More of a discussion on the future regs for the sport. Went of very well actually and good to see the tuners understanding the other aspect as well. Shows that the future is good for drag racing in India.

Quote:
5. Btw were u present at the MAI meeting too ?? If yes , we can/could meet up u know !!!
Yup. I would have liked to meet up. Blame psycho for not leaving me any time though Anyways, will be back soon and hope to meet you guys. Need to put actual human beings behind the thousands of posts !!
Old 16th March 2006, 16:56   #38
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtech
Mcl, the bombay timings were only ET's. It was done that way as there was a communication mix up with the timekeepers.
BTW, if you think a driver has no effect on ET, I beg to differ. Try doing 5 starts and see your times. Each one will be different. Also, its not written in stone that both RT and ET must be added. There are organisers across the world that run with only ET.
Yes i completely agree with that , but still RTs do count a lot .. Major part of the driver talent comes in thru RTs , i dont think during ET u can find a lot of difference between runs unless driver/rider misses a gear etc etc , yes each run certainly will show up different times but the margin wont be as much as the difference in RTs that u get .. Anyways , no point arguing now .. Its all done .. Its great to see that the rules are up for a change at the other rounds ..

Quote:
I'v answered this a few times already, but it seems it hasn't got through. Anyway, the simple answer now is NO.
The guys racing in the 1600 cc class can only be happy to know this .. They have less competition with the b-zens/zondas not allowed now ..

Quote:
Yes, the meeting went well. But, it was not about people taking part or not. More of a discussion on the future regs for the sport. Went of very well actually and good to see the tuners understanding the other aspect as well. Shows that the future is good for drag racing in India.
Yes i heard it went well .. Heard about a few ideas on RDD and i must say we are headed the right ways .. All it takes is to sort out the few niggles that are strewn across ur way ..

Quote:
Yup. I would have liked to meet up. Blame psycho for not leaving me any time though Anyways, will be back soon and hope to meet you guys. Need to put actual human beings behind the thousands of posts !!
Heard u guys met up at TGIF .. This bugger psycho didnt even tell me u were in town or else would have surely hopped by .. I may bug u with a million questions on the forum but personally im a very sweet guy u know .. We ought to meet soon ..

Btw hats off to u and MAI for conducting this meet .. Just goes to show the interest building up in bringing drag racing to the highest level in indian motorsports .. Good going , atleast now we can see some action on the strip ..

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 16th March 2006 at 16:58.
Old 16th March 2006, 17:07   #39
BANNED

HMMMMM...HMMMM.....Interesting last 2 posts I must say.... BHP FAN CLUB??LOL!!
Old 16th March 2006, 18:03   #40
Senior - BHPian

I hope this augurs well for the sport. All the best.
Old 16th March 2006, 19:18   #41
BHPian

ssup guys,,well i m not aware whats going on,,,but can anyone post the details of b'lore speed run,,or next speed run,,when and where its gonna be held,,,
thanks
Old 22nd March 2006, 17:06   #42
BHPian

Rtech.........any news abt the new regulations for bangalore SR.
Old 22nd March 2006, 22:30   #43
BHPian

Its not a confirm news yet but came to know through a reliable source that Banglore Speedrun will be in last week of april, does anybody has similar info ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks