Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2012, 16:25   #1
Senior - BHPian

Charitable Drive : The 2012 Blind Man Car Rally (Mumbai). On Sunday, 5th February

Hello Team,

Its that time of the year again to get together for a charitable cause. The 2012 Blind Man Rally is scheduled to be held this year on 5th Feb.

Most of the earlier participants in the rally must have already got a mail with the registration form. Starting this thread with the information that was received in the email for first time participants.

Link below of similar thread that was started last year:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-february.html

Report and Pics of last year's rally:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ry-2011-a.html

About the Rally:

The Blind Man Rally is scheduled on 5th February 2012. Following are the options for making the contributions:

a) Registration charges of Rs.1200/- by cheque towards 'Bombay Round Table No.2 Charitable Trust'. One can avail of 50% tax deduction under Section 80G.

or

b) You can contribute Rs.5000/- for the education of one visually handicapped child. (The registration amount in this case shall be free). Cheque to be made in the name of 'National Association for the Blind'. One can avail of 100% tax deduction under Section 35AC.

Attaching below the registration form:

ENTRY_FORM_BMR_2012.doc

Please note that the agenda mentioned on the last page of the form still refers to the year 2011. That needs to be corrected and i have dropped a mail to the organizer about it. But we can safely assume that the schedule of activities would remain the same with only the change of dates.

4th Feb 2012 Saturday would be the day when the pairing of the participant with the visually impaired navigator would happen. This would also be the day when the rules and regulations would be explained.

5th Feb 2012 Sunday (7.00 AM) would be the actual rally.

Cheques can be couriered to Mr.Vishal Mirpuri. The address is mentioned at the top of the registration form along with the numbers.

I believe last time around there were around 40 registrations from BHPians for the event. Hoping to meet more BHPians in this years event as well.
amitwlele is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th January 2012, 06:58   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Charitable Drive : The 2012 Blind Man Car Rally (Mumbai). On Sunday, 5th February

Forgot to attach the indemnity form that was also received in the mail. Attaching the same below.

INDEMNITY_DECLARATION_FORM_2012.doc

Let us start updating the thread with the list of BHPians participating in the event.

Let me start with me

amitwlele - Vista Quadrajet
Old 8th January 2012, 17:08   #3
Senior - BHPian

Re: Charitable Drive : The 2012 Blind Man Car Rally (Mumbai). On Sunday, 5th February

Additional information received today and confirmation of the dates:

Rally Date : Sunday, 5th February 2012
Line-Up Time : 7 a.m.
Starting Point : National Association for the Blind, Worli Sea-face.

Pairing with your navigator and dummy run :
Date : Saturday, 4th February' 2012.
Time : 3 p.m.
Venue : National Association for the Blind.

Please note that there will be an exciting quiz organised for all the particpants on the Rally Day.

A new trophy has been introduced for the 'Best Dressed Car'. The theme is :
a) Education & Welfare of the Visually Handicapped.
b) Education for Under-Priveleged children.
Old 8th January 2012, 18:05   #4
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the info Amit.
Any idea about what is the last date for sending in our entries ???
I do have plans of participating like last year but could be in Dubai around the time in which case sending in my form would be useless.
Any info about the final date ?
Thanks
Old 8th January 2012, 21:35   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
Thanks for the info Amit.
Any idea about what is the last date for sending in our entries ???
I do have plans of participating like last year but could be in Dubai around the time in which case sending in my form would be useless.
Any info about the final date ?
Thanks
I am not sure about the last date for sending entries. But i think the way it works every year is that they have a limit of number of cars (which i believe was 100 last year). So i think as soon as that number fills up they would stop taking the additional forms.

98211 16543 is the contact number of Vishal Mirpuri (Rally Convenor). I think he should be able to clarify it better.
Old 9th January 2012, 10:34   #6
Senior - BHPian

2 days since the thread is up and no other confirmations other than me. I only hope that this was the weekend effect.
Old 9th January 2012, 11:15   #7
Senior - BHPian

I have got the form, however my home printer is out of order so I couldn't get it printed. I am going to fill it up today and send it over tomorrow. Didn't want to post till I sent it, but I thought I shall just post the update so people will notice this thread.

I shall be participating with my Santro Xing.
Old 9th January 2012, 11:23   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
2 days since the thread is up and no other confirmations other than me. I only hope that this was the weekend effect.

The mods are busy covering the Expo while the others we know are busy on the Mega Meet thread
On a serious note, expect this BMR thread to attract a lot of attention suddenly next week onwards. Both, the Expo and the Meet would be done by then. Last year saw a great response and you could well expect a similar turnout this year. The only reason i have not given a confirmation as yet is because i do not know if i will be in Mumbai on the date. I would still be sending over my form nonetheless.

I also found out that the FINAL DATE FOR THE FORMS TO BE RECEIVED BY THEM IS 2nd FEBRUARY...i.e the participants form should be in the rally organizers hands by the 2nd of FEBRUARY so make sure your forms are sent atleast by the 1st of Feb.

PlatzdaTurbo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2012, 11:52   #9
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Count me in - will send the form next week received the email from Vishal, thanks Amit.
Old 10th January 2012, 17:25   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM
Count me in - will send the form next week received the email from Vishal, thanks Amit.
Im in. Had a blast last year & hoping the same this year too.
Old 11th January 2012, 00:37   #11
Senior - BHPian

Attaching a document which has all the details including the rules, contacts etc for the 2012 rally.

SR_BMR_2012.doc
Old 11th January 2012, 00:50   #12
Team-BHP Support

I'm not too sure if I'll be in Mumbai in February. If I am around, I'll participate.
Old 11th January 2012, 09:34   #13
Team-BHP Support

I'm in this time with my Swift. PM'ing the link to other Pune bhpians who were present last year around as well as to those who had shown interest in being a part of this noble cause.
Old 11th January 2012, 09:52   #14
BHPian

Hi Amit,
I'd love to participate but I'll be out of station around the 5th of Feb.
Old 11th January 2012, 11:32   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
I'm in this time with my Swift. PM'ing the link to other Pune bhpians who were present last year around as well as to those who had shown interest in being a part of this noble cause.
Haven't read the document or the rules or the thread, but I'm in. I hope I can register & do the required stuff this weekend! (i.e. If there is something to be signed & sent) Gotta scoot now!

Also can non-tbhpians join in?

OT : Thanks @moralfibre! Might have missed this otherwise.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks