Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2006, 16:52   #16
F50
Senior - BHPian

Here is some more.
And guys Delhi is out. Please. It could be Kolkata, Hyderabad, Mumbai or Bangy.
Most probably its gonna be South Banglore side.

India working hard to get F1 race
Old 10th November 2006, 17:05   #17
BHPian

guys - what i put up is very very old news. maybe over a year old.
Old 10th November 2006, 20:46   #18
Team-BHP Support

Another link recently put up in Indiatimes.com:-
India may get F1 race in 2010
Old 10th November 2006, 21:26   #19
BHPian

The news regarding Bangalore getting shortlisted is an old one. I had read teh same article on f1racing.net alomost 3 years ago when Tilke had visited Bangalore.
Bernie' comments are new... but this has been going around for a while now!!
Old 10th November 2006, 22:28   #20
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhav
The news regarding Bangalore getting shortlisted is an old one. I had read teh same article on f1racing.net alomost 3 years ago when Tilke had visited Bangalore.
Bernie' comments are new... but this has been going around for a while now!!
For you every piece of news seems old. But did Bernie tell you that he visited the place you stay, earlier this year. If yes then you shouldnt have had hided this thing man. This is news for us (i hope so) because didnt tell us that he is coming!
Old 10th November 2006, 23:12   #21
Senior - BHPian

can see f1 in india even in 2010 or 5010...simply not possible..because of your SUBERB quality of tarmac...internationally acclaimed TARMAC.
Old 11th November 2006, 10:39   #22
BHPian

similar article in todays hindu business line too. apparently bernie has already finalised the location!
Old 11th November 2006, 10:43   #23
BANNED

I see that SILLY SEASON still continues even after the years racing is over....
Old 11th November 2006, 11:10   #24
Senior - BHPian

its going to be gurgaon if TOI is to be believed and they say spyker will build the circuit.now why on earth will a exclusive sports car manufacturer build a race track in India where it sells ZERO cars is beyond me and spyker that big a company to accomplish it?

anyway even if they build a track the ticket prices will be way beyond reasonable,when they charge 10K for cricket,F1 might just be out of the block.better to watch it on TV.

Last edited by merve_extreme : 11th November 2006 at 11:12.
Old 11th November 2006, 11:32   #25
BHPian

i will vote for delhi for any indian GP if there is because of the infrastructure & connectivity. plus it takes less time for something to get done in delhi compared to other states, being controlled by the centre.

surely delhi can hold the full street race (a la monaco) but i m sure FIA wont want another street race. monaco still holds the street race simply because of its heritage & lack of space available, but in my opinion FIA wud like to see a dedicated circuit with full safety features, run off areas etc.

but on a more serious note let it happen in india, wherever it is
Old 13th November 2006, 07:46   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F50
For you every piece of news seems old. But did Bernie tell you that he visited the place you stay, earlier this year. If yes then you shouldnt have had hided this thing man. This is news for us (i hope so) because didnt tell us that he is coming!
Read again... F1 coming to India is a very very old news. Bangalore, Chennai, Delhi, Hyd, Cal considered as the venue is also old. The only new thing that happened last week was the comment from Bernie that talks are on with some State Govt. and the "strong possibility" of having a race in 2010.

What am I hiding?
Old 13th November 2006, 08:37   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveendhyani
i will vote for delhi for any indian GP if there is because of the infrastructure & connectivity. plus it takes less time for something to get done in delhi compared to other states, being controlled by the centre.

surely delhi can hold the full street race (a la monaco) but i m sure FIA wont want another street race. monaco still holds the street race simply because of its heritage & lack of space available, but in my opinion FIA wud like to see a dedicated circuit with full safety features, run off areas etc.

but on a more serious note let it happen in india, wherever it is
yea man....monaco would be off the f1 calender long ago if it wasnt for its heritage nd the glam factor attatched to it. the drivers say its just too dangerous to race there so theres really no chance of a street race in india.

i dont think mumbai or delhi could host the race cos their airports are too busy. i dont think the airports have the capacity to allow all the teams to come in with their cars and all nd on top of tht all the fans nd journalists nd tv crew etc. also theres a huge convoy and the roads need to be able to handle tht extra traffic. i think the best place is the outskirts of pune....towards the expressway provided tht the pune international airport can handle the traffic
Old 13th November 2006, 09:11   #28
Team-BHP Support

Ok, let's be practical here. The track will be laid by local contractors if this ends up having government sops. That means we can expect potholes after one or two rains. As PWD tells us every year, rains destroy roads.

So... what is the ground clearance of a F1 car? How's the handling, because swerving to avoid potholes at that speed is going to be tricky.
Old 13th November 2006, 10:41   #29
BHPian

Asian Games 1982.. Delhi got a huge infrastruture boost which has helped the city till this date.
A very close, well-travelled friend of mine visited Athens before and after 2004 Olympics and he says the event tranformed the country in terms of infrastructure.
F1 has the same potential, and it is not a one-off event. If the Govt. really wants to put a particular city on the global map with good infrastructure, then this is one of the best bet. And since it has to happen every year, they've to sustain it.
Which ever state takes it up must've the strength and will to accomplish it!
Mumbai/Pune: Maybe.
Delhi: High on the list
Bangalore: huh! no way. They've to nuke the entire city if they've to widen the roads! (Actually a good solution)
Chennai: Very likely... have major auto manufacurers and the existing track.
Cal: C'mon...
Hyd: No idea what Mr. Reddy wants!
Old 14th November 2006, 21:50   #30
BHPian

Hyderabad is gonna be the best city to host indian F1 track no doubt bout it its hyderabad onlyy........

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks