Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2006, 23:35   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samurai

So... what is the ground clearance of a F1 car? How's the handling, because swerving to avoid potholes at that speed is going to be tricky.
roflmao !! Well said !! I couldnt agree more.
Old 15th November 2006, 06:40   #32
BHPian

being a indian first & a auto -enthusiast second - i would call the plan to host a F1 race in India - the epitome of " misplaced auto zealotism "

guys - our country doesnt have good enough roads for people in rural india to take agricultural produce from their village to the local "haat" - & we dream of F1 races

we sure are a nation of misplaced priorities !!!!!!
Old 15th November 2006, 10:36   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paharino1
being a indian first & a auto -enthusiast second - i would call the plan to host a F1 race in India - the epitome of " misplaced auto zealotism "

guys - our country doesnt have good enough roads for people in rural india to take agricultural produce from their village to the local "haat" - & we dream of F1 races

we sure are a nation of misplaced priorities !!!!!!
As long as we keep harping on the fact that this great disparity exists between rural and urban etc. nothing is ever going to improve. It is not as if every country that hosts an F1 race is rich - take for example Brazil. It has a huge number of people living below the poverty line, numerous economic and social issues and not one of the best road networks in the world - yet Interlagos has been part of the F1 calendar since 1973!
Old 15th November 2006, 11:27   #34

Well! Bernie seems a lot more confident about having a GP here than I am. But, India can pull a GP out of the bag, i'm sure. India needs to start running many more international motorsport series apart from the usual national championships that are going on. If you look at other GP nations, the chances are that they run MotoGP, elite junior formula series, F3000, GP2, etc. We also have to look into ourselves to wonder whether we are a true motorsport nation. I read somewhere that south-korea has also bid for a race in 2010. South Korea has hosted for many international championsips and has a street circuit. We need to host a lot more elite racing series to improve our chances to host a GP!
Old 2nd December 2006, 19:55   #35
BHPian

oh well it would be enough if we have decent roads first Leave alone F1
Old 2nd December 2006, 22:03   #36
JRD
BHPian

yes ofcourse F1 is going to come to india.

the track in chennai has been taken into consideration by the FIA officials and will be developed for the regulations pretty soon. There was an article in autocar or maybe in the f1 magazine. i'll check it out and post it again. but yes f1 is coming regardless how our roads are. From what i know they're concern is infact the heat these engines will produce in our weather and will they survive..

so cross your fingers that it works out.
JRD.
Old 4th December 2006, 19:18   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRD View Post
yes ofcourse F1 is going to come to india.

the track in chennai has been taken into consideration by the FIA officials and will be developed for the regulations pretty soon. There was an article in autocar or maybe in the f1 magazine. i'll check it out and post it again. but yes f1 is coming regardless how our roads are. From what i know they're concern is infact the heat these engines will produce in our weather and will they survive..

so cross your fingers that it works out.
JRD.
weather is among the least of concerns
malaysia & bahrain get really hot.. ambient temp around 45C..
ofcourse humidity levels are much lower

a race in winter shouldnt be a problem at all
Old 12th January 2007, 23:12   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjan united View Post
India wil have a GP in 2010 and I will hopefully bring Carmen Electra on a date with me to the race and onto the podium where I shall award Karun Chandok first place trophy for winning in a Ferrari.
Hey you missed out being at the Detroit Auto Show this year! Just a few days ago, Carmen Electra unveiled the new Chevy Camaro Convertible

Car News | MSN Cars UK - The girls of the Detroit Motor Show
Chevy Camaro Convertible Concept to be Shown at Detroit - AutoSpies Auto News

F1 in India is good news. But the governments have to get professional if they need to support this event on a long term basis. F1 might come to India one year, but will they find the track next year? For all you know, development would have taken place around the newly built track at such an amazing pace, that by the next season, the Indian circuit will be another street circuit!

For F1, We need land as big as an airfield to build the circuit, we need a huge airport which can house the teams' airplanes for a week or two. We need good roads from the airport to the circuit which the motorhomes & other large trucks will use. We need 3-star to 5-star hotels to accommodate the F1 teams, their guests and the spectators. These are the 'big' needs, the other things necessary are much more in number.

We need a private player too - someone like the Tatas or Mallyas to take an active interest to get things moving in the right direction. Kingfisher airline's partnership tie-up with Toyota is indeed a great news and has raised my hopes about F1 in India by 2010
Old 13th January 2007, 08:57   #39
BHPian

I jus said in my previous post about Mallya doing soemthing with his new Toyota partnership & then I get to read this in the papers! Its realy encouraging.
Have added more info at this link:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...tml#post354402
Old 14th January 2007, 00:43   #40
BHPian

looks like Delhi might get it.
Formula 1 : News TOYOTA - F1-Live.com

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks