Yep ! I want to burn rubber and also need accomodation 11 29.73%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2007, 11:56   #1
BHPian

24-25th March Track Day - Chennai

Hi All,

We have planned a Track Day at the newly resurfaced Sriperumbudur race track on 24th & 25th March.

The schedule should be similar to our earlier days, albeit with a few minor changes.

Pay & Drive in FISSME's, Formula LGB's, Formula Hyundai's and Formula Swift's will also be available.

On the cards is a stunt show, proper racing school and some good entertainment.

Pls send us your confirmations!

Suggestions from tbhpians are always welcome!

SG
Old 4th March 2007, 12:28   #2
Team-BHP Support

me me me me me me me !
Old 4th March 2007, 12:32   #3
Senior - BHPian

Finally!!
This has been a long time coming.
Old 4th March 2007, 15:01   #4
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Im in im in ... Could we have the rates pls sawan ?? You guys are still renting the FISSME's out ?? And what about the rolons ?? More details about the racing school pls .. And whats the status on the tyres ??

Ajmat .. Just waiting to see what your car is going clock this time with all the mods you are doing .. I bet it will super quick ..
Old 4th March 2007, 15:12   #5
BANNED

Another one of those FUN days for you guys ..... I had thought after the last track day that I will make it for the next one but it seems that I will have to push it to the next one --- Very busy with the launch of my new project !!!

Have fun guys .......... will keep ourselves updated with your guys post event report.
Old 4th March 2007, 15:23   #6
BANNED

And sawan this time could we have the long loop pls ?? Its about time we get a chance to time ourselves on the long loop .. However since having both the loops run simultaneously (we were told all those who liked the long loop couldt use it)could be dangerous at the exits we could have one session for both cars and bikes on the long loop .. What say ??
Old 4th March 2007, 19:12   #7
Senior - BHPian

Yeah,Since the track is freshly relaid, we want to have the pleasure of breaking it in.
Old 4th March 2007, 21:57   #8
BHPian

i'm definitely in !!!
Old 4th March 2007, 23:42   #9
BHPian

will finalise the prices this week and put them up by the weekend or earlier, along with all other details.

pls remember that if we are to run the full track, prices will be substantially higher (as we will need more marshalls) and fewer laps, as time allotted cannot change.

most of u guys have been to the last 2 track days. any suggestions, ideas on improvements? anything you guys want added? removed?

and both loops cant be used at the same time! its either short loop or full track only, and it has to be the same for everybody in that session!
Old 5th March 2007, 00:38   #10
Senior - BHPian

This video link has some tips for track day driving.
Old 5th March 2007, 03:18   #11
BANNED

Sawan i understand the situation which is why in the first place i mentioned that we cannot have the track run with both the loops at the same time .. The exit of the long loop is nothing but dangerous if done that way .. Im surprised that we were allowed to do that at the last track day itself ..

However what can be done is , have just one session (timed ofcourse) per day on the long loop .. Out of the 4 sessions that is ... As far as the marshalls are concerned well hhhmmm those who are doing the long loop know the track quite well we could have them spread over a wider area for that one particular session ..

Also i guess we should have 1 session where only guys with previous track experiences should be left out , this could very well be the session we can do the long loop on and see some quick laps .. We could test the cars a bit to the limit without having fears that a fresher might pop up and slow one down etc .. If its not possible to do it over two days atleast 1 session could be arranged .. A few of us are very keen on running in the 1600 saloon class , so it will give us an oppurtunity to get a hang of the long loop too ..

Apart from that , yes the usuals .. Run the single seaters and the saloons separately .. And provision of tyres at a subsidiary rate would be of great help .. Or else we could do some testing for you guys too .. Also kindly make sure that there are no cobras running around the track and the surrounding areas .. The last time we were at the tracks we saw atleast 6 cobras at different locations and most of them came from places where spectators would sit around the track .. And avoiding running over them at high speeds was madness ..

Cant think of anything at the moment , will fill in as any suggestions come by .. Do you guys by any chance have a safety tank to carry fuel in ?? A few of the cars from bangalore will need 97Oct fuel and its nothing short of a nightmare to run into town to tank up ..
Old 5th March 2007, 09:35   #12
BANNED

Confirmed for the track day as of now from bangalore are :
Psycho (sleeping esteem) , ajmat , wolf , shantanu (VTEC) , tadukutton (torque monster) , myself (baleno) .. Have spoken to a few other friends and they will confirm in a few days ..

Anush , binz , v1p3r , memo , goddy , harrie , jay , jkd , theFAG , szak , veyron , parted head , elf , jiggy , sam , ishaan and the rest of the bombay team .. Do try and make it .. Its something you ought to experience atleast once .. Its worth every penny to drive down and take your cars to the track , every penny to fly down and drive the single seaters too ..
Old 5th March 2007, 10:03   #13
BHPian

I am in. Will be driving the GTX.
Old 5th March 2007, 10:45   #14
BHPian

Can you guys also let me know who has already been for at least 1 track day, and who all are first-timers. We might consider 1 session on the full track.

and also who all have already driven single-seaters earlier.
Old 5th March 2007, 10:46   #15
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
.. Im surprised that we were allowed to do that at the last track day itself ..

.. Also kindly make sure that there are no cobras running around the track and the surrounding areas .. The last time we were at the tracks we saw atleast 6 cobras at different locations and most of them came from places where spectators would sit around the track .. And avoiding running over them at high speeds was madness ..

If you are referring to the august wall banger session! Well, there were few folks who were very familer and aware so things weee in control

Cobra's - am not really sure is the MMSC have a hot line with Lord Naga - I would suggest that you run over the snake as nothing hapens to them, I rather over one twice. At high speed, the weight of the car is hardly on their small, soft bodies!

Am not sure whether my mods can be completed before the race. I need the car to commute and the car needs to be down for a week to complete things assuming I get the bits in place.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks