Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2007, 20:38   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varun_patra View Post
The AP registered 350Z was driven by anand akkineni ...Cuz as far as i remember he had a 350z .
I think it was an AP registered OHC. I dont remember seeing a 350Z on the track.
Old 26th March 2007, 20:48   #62
Senior - BHPian

SBK's :

Nissan Skyline : 700bhp, 800 bhp, the figures were goin up and down. But what the hell... She looked so powerful just standing quietly there.

Lancer Evo :

Scale model Celica's on display at PJ Speed's stall:

BBS Alloys at PJ's stall :

Some more from PJ's stall :

Me with Nitrous anna's lovebird

Continued...
Old 26th March 2007, 21:03   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Surprisingly she was much better than the swift. My opinion may be different than some others but i was pushing the car really hard and there was no sign of loss of traction or poor handling whatsoever. Enjoyed it much better than the LGB last time and the swift.
I also heard that the Swifts were more fun to drive. Maybe they are fun because of their edgy handling?

For me, nothing can be fun if they don't have good brakes. Comparing the two I drove, the Hyundai was way better in the handling and stopping departments. So why did most people on the track say the swifts are better then? Also heard the swifts are more powerful, but then that is not something anybody can figure without having some timing equipment around.

And guys, to explain how the brakes were, that would be exactly like trying to stop a car after switching the engine off. Maybe the brakes don't have boost assist at all?
Old 26th March 2007, 21:04   #64
Senior - BHPian

Another pic of me and nitrous anna's lovebird.

I touched a skyline yippeeee (nitrous dont kill me !!!)

Honda Shadow :

The engine on the Honda. Apparently this one is a 750cc and the old man is Stan's dad (Stan is the foreigner with the black honda CBR and the funny hairdo)

Porsche... guess who owns this. Better still guess who was drivin this... awesome driving there Sir.

Bike's and more bike's:

Old 26th March 2007, 21:17   #65
Senior - BHPian

The Awesome Red Boxter S : Lovely red i must say. The pic's dont do justice to the color.

The NEW BMW 3 Series... less said the better (looks dept.)

Honda City :

The Mondeo's wheels... $exy i must say....

Honda Integra :

Superbikers after Session I :

The KTM Super Duke :

The Skyline's heart :

Her high-heels

Old 26th March 2007, 21:19   #66
Senior - BHPian

Me gettin ready for the spin

SBK's gettin ready for their spin :

Got some 10 or more videos but will post them in a day or two after the editing is complete.

P.S. I haven't blanked out the plates on the vehicles, cos there was a news reporter taking pics of all the beauties present there. So mod's please let me know if i still have to do the needful. Thnx.

Hope you all liked the pics. I can burn the pics and videos on a cd if anyone wants them.

Apologies to some of the bangy boys like Ajmat and Tadu. I badly wanted to meet you guys. Hope to meet u soon on my next trip back home.

Last edited by n_aditya : 26th March 2007 at 21:24.
Old 26th March 2007, 21:30   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Apologies to some of the bangy boys like Ajmat and Tadu. I badly wanted to meet you guys. Hope to meet u soon on my next trip back home.
Awesome pictures aidtya... when are you coming down??
we can talk about all this over some "genuine" beer .

Godfather
Old 26th March 2007, 21:31   #68
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudeball2002 View Post
hey..does anyone know whos silver mondeo that was?? no. 1771
Last i remember sandy was driving the mondeo .. And come on guys stop flaming the OHC guy .. I surely saw almost each one of us (tbhpians) overtaking around corners , late braking and diving down the inside except for madan .. Instead what could be done is look into your rear view mirrors (which i didnt notice anyone use) and let the faster car through (which again i failed to notice).. All that matters is that we all had a jolly incident free time .. Just wish i could have taken my car to the tracks on sunday .. There was a certain car from bangalore that got me all excited ..
Old 26th March 2007, 21:39   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
Awesome pictures aidtya... when are you coming down?? we can talk about all this over some "genuine" beer
will be coming next in May i guess. April is lil busy as I am movin to another house here in chennai. But for the beer what the heck man, i can come over the weekend also
Old 26th March 2007, 21:56   #70
sAP
BHPian

Consistency is the factor

Mclaren, I noticed that your lines were clean and consistent -- even on the far side of the track which is only noticable from the towers. You seem to have good potential.

BTW Aditya, did u get to drive the red Hyundai LGB or the other one?

sAP
Old 26th March 2007, 22:10   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya
i saw a black lancer spin wildly (from the track to the grass on the right - back on the track - to the grass on the left)
That car is a MIVEC!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren
Instead what could be done is look into your rear view mirrors (which i didnt notice anyone use)
So, from where exactly did u get this superpower that lets u notice whether drivers in other cars are using the RVM?
Old 26th March 2007, 22:41   #72
Senior - BHPian

man, dosent anyone have pics of all of us in "action" ?
Old 26th March 2007, 23:03   #73
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
. I was as fast as 90% of them on the corners,but then come the straights.At quite a few instances, i was using the fourth gear out of the final corner while everyone were revving their japanese engines in the second cog.
!
Dead right, he kept up with me and I let him pass on some tight corners

Quote:
Ditto, we saw you stranded on C2 and after three laps, headers suggested that we stop to see if you were ok but you had disappeared, what happened?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
.. I surely saw almost each one of us (tbhpians) overtaking around corners , late braking and diving down the inside except for madan .. Instead what could be done is look into your rear view mirrors (which i didnt notice anyone use) and let the faster car through (which again i failed to notice).. All that matters is that we all had a jolly incident free time .. Just wish i could have taken my car to the tracks on sunday .. There was a certain car from bangalore that got me all excited ..
The issue is expection - the organisers made it clear that passing should be done on the straights, however, track days seem to be like normal traffic days - make rules to be broken.

If passing on corners was allowed, I would expect and be prepared for it,

Now for my story

adding to Tadu's details - he has stonking headlights and sailed away into the horizon, I was struggling with a pitted windscreen, relatively weak headlights and bamboo polies and roadworks on an unlit Hosur road.

I had steel wheels on the front which were unbalanced at 140. As I got car back with mods and not finetuned, I focussed on letting the car settle. Reached the track, then went to the hotel and stripped the car down. Our room looked a sight with four wheels and more in the room.

Returned for the Formula Swift, I enjoyed it by pushed too hard on C4 and spun but continued unfazed after that. Moved to the Hyundai's it was a long wait. Saw a FISSME putter by at 40km/h, then horror of horror's, saw four cars brake at C1 with inches to spare from each other.
Hyundai was not as tactile as the Swift although it was faster. I only got three laps when they closed the track down.

Then it was time for the cars - got on track and was getting oriented with the lines but then when the lead Swift pulled off, it was mayhem. I kept a distance then went to the pits to get psycho to savour the delicious pudding, he dished up for me! We did a few laps and saw the Swift stuff itself. Tadu and I then retired for a late lunch.

Returned and found the number of cars diminished. Time for some fun. I just kept going. Relaised, if I made a mistake, it led to moresince I was busy thinking about that mistake. Spun once when being too ambitious. Headers then rode shotgun with me. We were pushing hard and a loose bit of gravel saw the car breakaway and spin off, kicking a bucket ful of dried grass into the car.

The Honda kept on going, I clocked around 36 laps. Car never missed a beat. The strange thing was that the headers started glowing blue!!!! Next day, drove back to Bangalore, got car cleaned up and it behaves as if ...it had gone for a quick workout and now back at work.

Watching Kamlesh whip the Porsche around was a treat. The let down was the Integra driven around like a pensioner - why do they even bother!!!

Evening, we were tired, popped into Psycho's shrinking suite, ordered some refreshments and we all passed out, woke up to see two room boys walk in without any 'pleasantries", Psycho starts firmly telling them where to go and then Tadu gets into "Dirty Harry" mode and "makes their day" punk. Krupesh and Harry walk in and we feel sorry for them. Tadu and I stumble into a restaraunt for dinner and pass out in the room.

Woke on sunday, stuck the alloys on and it was back home. Before Hosur, had to contend with the 32km/h truck over taking one at 30km/h. Drivers were acting as if piloting a ship, looking around and checking for course corrections every 5 min. Had fun doing power launches at toll booths!!!

Last edited by ajmat : 26th March 2007 at 23:23.
Old 26th March 2007, 23:18   #74
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
So, from where exactly did u get this superpower that lets u notice whether drivers in other cars are using the RVM?
Nitrous , you dont need superpowers (good presence of mind and eyesight will do).. All you need to is keep an eye on the proceedings .. When i was on my session i noticed that none of you were watching your mirrors .. Once i got into the inner section i started getting blocked and worst is since no one (includes you know who) were moving aside i had to drive all around the dusty patches so that my radiator wouldnt get overheated .. Since the temperature needle started to climb i had to resort to overtaking almost everytime by diving down the inside because most wouldnt let me pass (save it to the ego's) .. And then we have the endless cribbing here saying this guy was this dangerous et all .. In such cases all it takes is to watch your mirrors and let the faster car through ..

Sap thanks a ton , but honestly this track day saw the worst ever lines i had taken on the baleno .. Owing to the setup of tyres we ran .. Since the tyre changers at the track were on a busy schedule couldnt get down to swap to my 15'' in the front .. Instead ran 195/60/14 at the front and 195/55/15 at the rear .. The car would understeer into every corner and when i would go off the throttle it would oversteer .. However i was satisfied with my run on the LGB swift 2nd session ..

Do any of you have some videos of the cars around the long loop from the towers ?? At one point there was utter mayhem with about 7 cars all trying to overtake each other .. Dang , didnt have a cam in hand though ..

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 26th March 2007 at 23:22.
Old 26th March 2007, 23:25   #75
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Dead right, he kept up with me and I let him pass on some tight corners
Wonder where the rule of overtaking only on the main straight disappeared off to at this point ?? I am not trying to point finger at anyone here but just want people to understand that when a car that is clearly much faster than the one in front is approaching kindly move across .. If not the driver will have to resort to going off the racing line where it is slippery .. And maybe thats one of the reasons why the AP reg OHC might have been sliding a bit that made it look dangerous ..

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 26th March 2007 at 23:28.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks