Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2007, 20:42   #1
Senior - BHPian

Pics & Report: March 24-25th Track Day - Chennai

Woohoo!
It was FANTASTIC!
For every one who didnt come, the 700 bhp Skyline GTR ran on the track.Apart from the usual Porsche 911 (2 came), a boxter, an MR2, EVO VI,EVO III, superbikes as usual.
And this is saturday!!
V1p3r,thats more salt on ur wound!
Detailed report later .
Old 24th March 2007, 23:28   #2
Senior - BHPian

I heard about an Integra Type R, and I'd like some pics of that.
Old 25th March 2007, 13:08   #3
sAP
BHPian

Post 1: Pics from Track Attack Mar 2007

Note: Each post is limited to 20 pics and I have more than 20 pics. So I will try to categorize. This is most likely post 1 of a series of posts. Second, the opinions and views mentioned are purely subjective and based on the contributor's observation on track.

From left to right: Sheena (SupremeBaleno's wife), Mira (N_aditya's wife), N_aditya, Nitrous, sAP and Headers (standing)

The track intros:

The 1500cc LGB Hyundai monster:

Headers in an 800cc FISSME:

The 3 formulas on track (800 FISSME, 1300 LGB Swift, 1500 LGB Hyundai):

to be continued
sAP
Old 25th March 2007, 13:47   #4
Senior - BHPian

awesome pictures. looks like you guys had a lot of fun.. Where is the Skyline??

Godfather
Old 25th March 2007, 13:53   #5
BHPian

nice pics awaiting more pics of the evo3 type r and skyline.
Old 25th March 2007, 17:20   #6
sAP
BHPian

Post 2: Pics of Track Attack Mar 2007

Note: This is part 2 of 2 of track day pics (part 1 is here). The opinions and views mentioned are purely subjective and based on the contributor's observation on track.

The Porsche 911 Carrera 2 (below, Dark Blue) -- unbeatable and probably one of the fastest on track on Sat; and what a driver! There was also another grey 911 Carrera, whose driver didn't impress much. Since Carreras are not turboed, nobody still got to see what a real turbocharged 911 is like on track.

The poor man's 911 (below, Red) -- Porsche boxster. This car I think had a great driver. It wouldnt let another grey 911 pass (though the blue one was too quick)!

The Nissan Skyline GTR that had a very trigger-shy driver (or did it develop serious problems?):

The Integra Type R (didnt blow our socks off either):

More:

This blue Mitsubishi Evo was quite noteworthy on track -- a rocket on the straights (though not as much on the curves). The precision engineered Porsche Carrera (dark blue, picture on top of this post) was simply untouchable both on the curves and the straights; in a solitary world of its own. (You can also see the other grey Carrera parked behind the Evo and the Integra as well)

Have fun!

sAP

Last edited by sAP : 25th March 2007 at 17:23.
Old 25th March 2007, 17:42   #7
Senior - BHPian

Just back from today's time attack.

The skyline is just running a new standalone E-Manage ultimate ECU and the maps are yet to be tuned to perfection. Just a matter of time to get the tuning perfect.
Also, she's equipped with this supposedly expensive "GRID" system which can toggle the power bias to "full front", "full rear" or All-wheel drive. Must be a very useful system. Just a flick of a button to get some sideways action.
Old 25th March 2007, 17:45   #8
Team-BHP Support

Reached for 8.30 to find that cars were shifted to the afternoon hence canned the sunday sesssion as I needed to get back early.

In brief, started with the formula cars - drove the swift for two sessions of 5 laps each - it was fun and tactile. The hyundai was more stable but lacked the tactile fun.

Moving to the cars - initially was pretty crowded. JD's Porsche was allowed to go first and oh by, it was having fun, later Kamlesh Patel got his hands on it and wow. At last, someone using the car for what it is. The grey Porsche..never saw it. The Boxster was badly driven, blocking people and lines were bad, driver was more intent on giving girls joyrides. In the process, he must have ran off somehere leading to a puncture later and spun after C1. It had no spare so car was abandoned on end of C1 slowing things down.

Nissan was driven lightly, the Integra was on a sunday drive. MR2 performed well but was running very rich. Again badly driven, overtaking on corners. The lancers were a hoot and handled well on curves

Psycho licked plenty of folks in his Esteem till his radiator pipe burst.

1st session was crowded and lots of people trying to prove themselves, I backed off after a couple of laps and went to get a belated lunch. By the time I returned. Half the cars had left. I then went on track and had a blast.

Headers rode shotgun with me and we went into a spectacular spin due to some loose surface. He got the brunt of the dust. Will write more later
Old 25th March 2007, 17:53   #9
BHPian

Has somebody got videos of supercars in action. ?

@SAP Thank you for such lovely pics of HOT rides..
Old 25th March 2007, 17:53   #10
Senior - BHPian

Ajmat, Unlike saturday, the sessions on sunday were as posted on the forum with the first session for cars starting at 10.00AM sharp.
The track was empty during this session with only the two Porsche 911s giving me company.
Old 25th March 2007, 17:56   #11
BHPian

This skylines a R33... the rumoured 700 bhp skyline from bangalore that was tuned by kesar mistry was an r34 as far as i recollect. I remember reading it somewhere on the forum sometime back . But still a skyline is a SKYLINE !
Old 25th March 2007, 18:01   #12
BHPian

You guys down south are damn lucky to hav Kari and Sriperumbudur at driving distances . We people from bombay dont hav an option to drive on any track other than the 650 mtr go-karting track out here in powai , mumbai . We had a small outing on the track today with quite decent cars like The Subaru Wrx StI , E-ZENS , Cedias , OHCs.....
Old 25th March 2007, 18:17   #13
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Ajmat, Unlike saturday, the sessions on sunday were as posted on the forum with the first session for cars starting at 10.00AM sharp.
The track was empty during this session with only the two Porsche 911s giving me company.
I know, Farhan told me this morning as I was heading out. When I saw the revised session on sat, I paid for one day instead since I needed to get back earlier. Also, there was no place to unload my extra wheels and luggage which I had dumpedin my hotel earlier
Old 25th March 2007, 18:33   #14
Senior - BHPian

Skyline Looks awesome.. Link for Skyline.

sAP,
Thanks for sharing the pics.

Mugen.

Last edited by Mugen_Power : 25th March 2007 at 18:34.
Old 25th March 2007, 19:26   #15
Senior - BHPian

Mugen, there are a lot of irregularities in the Cardomain page.
The picture of the meter pods is from an EVO.
It WAS NOT imported from Japan.
The name of the owner and the other pictures are genuine though.

PS:Everyone now has a glimpse of the Godzilla and will know what blew past them at the next few speedruns.

Last edited by nitrous : 25th March 2007 at 19:32.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks