Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2007, 00:48   #61
Team-BHP Support

Knock off the mockery guys.

How much ever rest of us disagree with RKS, you have to give him credit for one thing. He makes his case very passionately, but without resorting to mockery or rudeness. When members are making fun of him, he chooses to ignore them gracefully.

For that I salute him and hope that others would also follow his example of forum etiquette.
Old 8th April 2007, 02:18   #62
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post

How much ever rest of us disagree with RKS, you have to give him credit for one thing.
On another day , on another thread someone was warned for a similar post on talking about racing lines on public roads and subsequently banned for promoting rash driving .. And today people are being credited , just beginning to wonder how times have changed .. I know this post will get deleted like the many others that i have posted and maybe lead to yet another banning session .. But its really sad to see such discrimination ..
Old 8th April 2007, 02:39   #63
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
On another day , on another thread someone was warned for a similar post on talking about racing lines on public roads and subsequently banned for promoting rash driving .. And today people are being credited , just beginning to wonder how times have changed .. I know this post will get deleted like the many others that i have posted and maybe lead to yet another banning session .. But its really sad to see such discrimination ..
PS : I do not wish to comment on this santro episode anymore .. Rks , sorry if we hurt you in anyway ..
Old 8th April 2007, 10:36   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Knock off the mockery guys.

How much ever rest of us disagree with RKS, you have to give him credit for one thing. He makes his case very passionately, but without resorting to mockery or rudeness. When members are making fun of him, he chooses to ignore them gracefully.

For that I salute him and hope that others would also follow his example of forum etiquette.
While I agree RKS has handled this episode well, I don't think this is quite the encouragement. What is being advocated here is downright dangerous, and sooner or later, this will all end in tears. I hope an undeserved premium is not being placed on age here.
Old 8th April 2007, 10:42   #65
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
On another day , on another thread someone was warned for a similar post on talking about racing lines on public roads and subsequently banned for promoting rash driving .. And today people are being credited
Times haven't changed that drastically. Unlike RKS, that someone responded to each and every comment against him in the true spirit of Newton's third law. Besides, there is a big difference between that case and this one. Trying to put a different spin now won't change that facts. Let's not try to rake up older unrelated issues.
Old 8th April 2007, 10:55   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
true spirit of Newton's third law
If the reaction is equal, there should be no problem.
Old 8th April 2007, 11:08   #67
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
While I agree RKS has handled this episode well, I don't think this is quite the encouragement. What is being advocated here is downright dangerous, and sooner or later, this will all end in tears. I hope an undeserved premium is not being placed on age here.
This is without my mod hat on, my own rumblings.

I haven't encouraged his driving habits, I am quite against it. If you want to argue against his driving habit, continue to do so, I'll join with you. But mocking him, calling him names is uncalled for in a forum like this. Am I giving premium to his age, not really. But given the tradition of our country, I find it very disturbing that some of youngsters find it righteous to insult a much older person over a philosophical dicussion. Among the people of same age group, it may be ok to resort to name calling although not in a pubic forum. But doing the same to people who are obviously many decades older, I find it very disturbing. May be because I am realtively older myself.

As moderators, our job is to maintain the civility of the forum irrespective of where we stand on the issue under discussion. Protecting RKS or anyone against mockery and insults is part of that job. That's what I am doing, I hope you can understand that.

Mod Hat On.

End of Discussion on Moderator action, focus on the issue.
Old 9th April 2007, 09:32   #68
Senior - BHPian

If all you girlies are done with pulling each others hair and scratching faces and whacking with canes can we please get back to topic..

@shan2nu.. are you planning on upgrading the tires for this track session?? also will an aftermarket airfilter help in increasing the performance of the Innova..
What precautions you will take for the vehicle as there will be too much heat(weather) and all that speed running will obviously heat the engine more than normal.

Godfather
Old 9th April 2007, 14:26   #69
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Yes i have driven an innova and even managed to get it up on 3 wheels ...and the situation was unintentional due to moronic drunk tractor driver...
You seem to have poor road luck. You get into all sorts of "incidents" and it is always unintentional and not your fault. Maybe you should consider a course in defensive driving like the ones below.

Defensive Driving Courses UK, Defensive Driving Training

Indiana Driving Safety Course Online :: I DRIVE SAFELY

Online Defensive Driving Course&Traffic School Course

RKS, what you consider safe maby others consider sucidial. I have driven the Mumbai Pune Expressway (in fact that strech is most of the little driving I do nowadays) a few times and I would recommend you to be a bit more careful.

Guys, Samurai was NOT giving RKS credit for his driving style but for his ability to take all the critisim and teasing (that driving style attracts) maturly.

Last edited by navin : 9th April 2007 at 14:38.
Old 9th April 2007, 16:10   #70
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
You seem to have poor road luck. You get into all sorts of "incidents" and it is always unintentional and not your fault. Maybe you should consider a course in defensive driving like the ones below.

Defensive Driving Courses UK, Defensive Driving Training

Indiana Driving Safety Course Online :: I DRIVE SAFELY

Online Defensive Driving Course&Traffic School Course
Maybe .. Another thing is i do accept those incidents i have faced while the others might not .. And with indian traffic conditions i dont see a reason why this shouldnt happen to any other commoner .. Infact , till date i have been involved in JUST 1 accident in a car that was moving (you could enquire with the bangy boys for confirmation) .. I thought we were getting back on track with the topic in discussion .. Let us not derail it any further ..

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 9th April 2007 at 16:12.
Old 9th April 2007, 16:59   #71
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu View Post
The Innova has a track to height ratio of 1:1.15
In 1997 the Mercedes A class falied the Elk test. The fix was wider tyres (like RKS uses). Still the Elk test is at 60kmph, RKS, not at the speeds you drive at.

I guess using suitable tyres in a Innova or for the matter a Gypsy could reduce the chances of a roll.

Moose test - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

mclrean, all I was trying to do is remind you that maybe just maybe a bit of defensive driving does not hurt. I agree that I was OT and that this is an ENTHUSIASTS site.

Last edited by navin : 9th April 2007 at 17:03.
Old 9th April 2007, 17:17   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
mclrean, all I was trying to do is remind you that maybe just maybe a bit of defensive driving does not hurt.
We're just here.
Old 9th April 2007, 17:19   #73
rks
BANNED

Quote:
In 1997 the Mercedes A class falied the Elk test. The fix was wider tyres (like RKS uses).
I actually use the stock size (155/70 R13) S322 tubeless tyres on 5J alloys (stock wheels are 4J). This already gives better grip due to wider contact patch. Plus the alloys protrude by more than an inch from the wheel arch due to lower offset, so the track is increased. Both of these factors are better for cornering. Unfortunately my alloys will not accept wider tyres due to fouling problem.
Old 9th April 2007, 17:46   #74
BANNED

Quote:
mclrean, all I was trying to do is remind you that maybe just maybe a bit of defensive driving does not hurt. I agree that I was OT and that this is an ENTHUSIASTS site.
Navin , it would be really sweet of you if you could spell my handle right (this isnt the 1st time im noticing this from u ).. Also if its of any solace 90% of city driving is done at 2k rpm even now .. Because i cant afford fuel specially when it costs 70+ bucks to a litre .. Also because after 2k my exhaust gets really loud and there is a big time crack on modded cars here .. Infact , i have almost stopped taking my car out on roads these days .. Its either when family requires it or track days .. Infact most often than not i am very defensive .. To get 16kmpl in city on a modded baleno and 10+ when im pumping in twice the amount of fuel itself should tell something about my driving ..

Eitherwise like akshay pointed out all we are doing is .. So lets discuss the rest via pms shall we ??
Old 9th April 2007, 18:14   #75
Senior - BHPian

Actually I meant asking Mcl to drive defensively is like flogging a dead horse. Ain't nothin gonna change what happens.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks