Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2007, 11:40   #1
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
shantanu you could represent the privateers .. However question being what car will you be driving ??
Ideally, the Vtec would make perfect sense but i've already done that last time. So, this time i'm planning on getting the Innova. It ain't gonna set the track on fire, but anyone who's driven an Innova on the limit, will agree that it's not as bad as it looks.

Shan2nu

Last edited by Shan2nu : 31st March 2007 at 11:42.
Old 31st March 2007, 20:00   #2
Senior - BHPian

Stumpy, Shan2nu just told that he is not planning the Innova for the mystery circuit race.
He's planning for a fun-filled joy ride ,track day at either MMST or Kari Speedway.
Old 31st March 2007, 20:28   #3
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Stumpy, Shan2nu just told that he is not planning the Innova for the mystery circuit race.
He's planning for a fun-filled joy ride ,track day at either MMST or Kari Speedway.
Nitrous i kindly request you to read once before posting .. In reply to the mystery race (as u mentioned) shan asked if he could represent tbhp .. Thats when i asked depends on what car you would be driving .. Im guess this reply is to that question .. Cant understand why you guys are getting so cheezed off with this entire thing .. I really think we are going way off topic here , unless you want the mods to intervene and lock this thread .. I suggest you start a new topic on this or wait until there is some concrete info on such an event ..
Old 1st April 2007, 08:55   #4
Senior - BHPian

No prob, i can always get the Innova for our regular track day meets. In any case, the Vtec would be by far, the easier car to talk my dad into taking it on track.

Shan2nu
Old 2nd April 2007, 07:19   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu View Post
No prob, i can always get the Innova for our regular track day meets. In any case, the Vtec would be by far, the easier car to talk my dad into taking it on track.

Shan2nu
Innova... Which one is it.. The petrol or Diesel.. Will it be able to handle the curves??..

Godfather
Old 2nd April 2007, 11:33   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Innova... Which one is it.. The petrol or Diesel.. Will it be able to handle the curves??..
It's the 2ltr 136bhp petrol version. The handling is pretty good that way. It's only when the tarmac is wet that you need to remember it's a RWD. Revv matching needs to be perfect or else the rear tends to slide out.

Shan2nu
Old 3rd April 2007, 02:58   #7
Senior - BHPian

SHAN2NU behind the wheels of an Innova...hmm...very interesting...he will definitely be quicker than some of the most highly acclaimed tongue rockets among us here!!!LOLzzzzzzz...

Last edited by The Wolf : 3rd April 2007 at 02:59.
Old 3rd April 2007, 03:06   #8
Senior - BHPian

Sliding is preferable to body roll. Of course, that's just me.
Old 3rd April 2007, 09:32   #9
Senior - BHPian

V1P3R - dude, you really need to sleep more!

Hows the prep for the pay and practice day going? have we fixed the venue for Chennai or Kari?
Old 3rd April 2007, 13:17   #10
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
SHAN2NU behind the wheels of an Innova...hmm...very interesting...he will definitely be quicker than some of the most highly acclaimed tongue rockets among us here!!!LOLzzzzzzz...
And most likely to roll over too .. Just kidding .. Unless he has competition from sumit .. Or maybe themag sitting in vidyut's lancer ..
Madan - No use .. He is nocturnal ..

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 3rd April 2007 at 13:18.
Old 3rd April 2007, 16:33   #11
Senior - BHPian

Stumpy and Mystery Man must come up with the dates for the Mystery circuit race.
Old 3rd April 2007, 22:03   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
And most likely to roll over too ..
I donno if you have driven an innova before..coz in my opinion it aint that easy to topple an innova coz it slides fairly easily to do the topple stunt. A couple of size upgrades on tyres and it should be much more easier!
Old 3rd April 2007, 22:42   #13
BANNED

Quote:
I donno if you have driven an innova before..coz in my opinion it aint that easy to topple an innova coz it slides fairly easily to do the topple stunt. A couple of size upgrades on tyres and it should be much more easier!
Yes i have driven an innova and even managed to get it up on 3 wheels (yes it was running upgraded rubber and the situation was unintentional due to moronic drunk tractor driver).. Just visit Ravindu once and check out the number of toppled innovas ..

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 3rd April 2007 at 22:54.
Old 3rd April 2007, 23:59   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The problem comes with upgraded rubber. The suspension is soft, and better gripping rubber will actually root the wheels to the ground. At the same time roll will increase to tipping point. I've seen this on Qualises. Stock Qualis around a turn can easily be made to hang its tail out. But a Qualis with 215 R15s is unnerving because the wheels stay planted while the body rolls like crazy.
Old 5th April 2007, 13:02   #15
Senior - BHPian

you just cant topple a car..easily..it will first skid and it has to hit an obstacle while on the skid..for any side/ wheel to lift off and then topple over..

Also..lifting a wheel is much easier than toppling a car..

Most of the topple comes because of the vehicle coming in CONTACT with some object/vehicle/person and hence the wheel lift / side lift etcc..

Hope the point is clear..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks