Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2007, 15:56   #31
Senior - BHPian

Welcome Dilip, Team-BHP is now more complete...

superb thread RTech.
Old 11th July 2007, 16:07   #32
BHPian

Welcome Dilip. wish you all the bery best for the season. Yup u said it right, more than skills you need PR to get sponsorship, aaaahhhh wishg when this state will end & motor sports will rise up in the country.
Old 11th July 2007, 16:18   #33
BHPian

Welcome Dilip !!!
And all the best for the season !!
Old 11th July 2007, 20:37   #34
BHPian

Hello Dilip welcome to T-bhp. Its great to have a Motorcycle Sportsman on board. We all wish you all the best.
Old 11th July 2007, 21:39   #35
BHPian

@Dilip: Good luck da, look forward to riding with you in the MRF challenge if things work out.

Unni
Old 11th July 2007, 21:49   #36
Senior - BHPian

Good luck dilip, i am sure with your skills & patience, there will be a good break somewhere waiting to happen.
cheers
Old 11th July 2007, 22:25   #37
BHPian

Wishing you good luck in all your future races.

That's a huge sum that nitrous has mentioned as sponsorship and what about the maintenance and modification costs ? Mind boggling
Old 11th July 2007, 23:27   #38
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to Tbhp Dilip Rogger and best of luck for all your rounds..
Old 12th July 2007, 11:17   #39
BHPian

Welcome Dilip! And wish you all the very best... We're rooting for you guys racing there, to put India on the international motorcycle racing map!
Old 23rd July 2007, 21:15   #40
BHPian

update - MSS Round 3

From Dilip Rogger

Yesterday (22-07-07) was round 3 MALAYSIAN SUPER SERIES and I participated in the race with a rental bike .That bike is 100% road used bike and it had no modification at all . I raced this round for a good practice for my ASIAN GP round which is in another two weeks time.
* Qualifying - I qualified in 5th position because I was just reading the bike settings at that moment.
* Race 1- In race 1, when I was standing in the grid (Race about to start) , my bike had some technical error after the warm up lap .So I came into pit and everyone else started the race already and then the problem was fixed . I continued the race by 1 lap behind compare to other riders.It was heavily raining when I started the race .I was in 18th position when I started the race .After 5 laps of 15 laps racing ,I manage to beat others and stand in 5th position.When I heading to corner 1, I had a crash when my front brake was locked .I couldn't continue the race because the handle bar broke and the footrests as well.

* Race 2 - I manage to fix the bike with the help from mechanics from various workshops in Malaysia .Each of them owns each different parts of the bike.I started the race 2 in 13th position in the grid because I was disqualified on the last race due to my earlier crash.At that moment ,it was heavily raining also,So I started my race.In lap 9 , I was in 2nd position pressuring Preetham Moses and in lap 13, I manage to overtake him . Both of us was leading the race by 1 lap ahead other riders.Yet I faced some problem when some riders didn't allow me to go ahead even though blue flag was raised as a signal to them to give way for us .Because of that i couldn't maintain my position as race leader.This gives opportunity to Preetham to overtake me .On last lap,i again manage to beat him but in the last corner he able to overtake me on the main straight by 0.01 seconds in front with his fully modified race bike.
** I did the best lap time in both the races today.Everyone in the pit including the audience highly congratulated me on my tremendous riding even I had crashes earlier and I was riding with non-modified bike at all.

Last edited by Rehaan : 11th October 2011 at 14:52. Reason: Had to remove an image hotlinked on another infected site (watchtheworld).
Old 24th July 2007, 01:22   #41
BHPian

Dude Rogger I read about these last two races of yours on indmotorsport.com! Way to go man wish you all the best again.
Old 5th September 2007, 16:36   #42
Team-BHP Support

An update from Dillip:

(2-09-07) was round 4 ASIAN GP and I participated in the race with my HONDA CBR 600 CC bike and it had basic race modification. There were 3 MOTO GP 250 cc x and current riders in the race. I am first among all privateers and there are 22 factory teams and factory support teams in the championship.

* Qualifying - I qualified in 12th position out of 22 riders on the grid.

* Race 1- In race 1, It was raining when I started the race .It was a good start for me. I manage to run to first corner overtaking my opponents. Later few riders overtook me because their bike is much more powerful. Finally I manage my race form and maintain in 9th position.

*Race 2 - The track was in half wet and half dried condition. It’s dangerous to ride with my previous timing in that condition. I race carefully to avoid any crash. I finish the race in 12th position.

* Overall – I am in 10th position in overall championship standings out of 30 riders.

MRF Racing challenge- As u know last week MRF race I won both the races and made new lap record in the circuit. Race 1 was 5 laps and race 2 was 8 laps.

Last edited by Rtech : 5th September 2007 at 16:55.
Old 23rd April 2009, 16:11   #43
Senior - BHPian

Is this the break he is looking for ?

Quote:
Dilip Rogger for Germany

CHENNAI: City-based bike racer Dilip Rogger has received an invitation to compete in the German National Championship — ‘Boerdesprint 2009.’ This is the first time an Asian will compete in the event. The first round will begin on May 3 in Ausschreibung.

Dilip has been extended the invitation to race in the first two rounds of the eight-round championship chiefly on the basis of his good show in the 2007 Asian GP where he was adjudged ‘best privateer.’

The 24-year-old will represent ‘Schittko Motorradsport,’ one of the more experienced racing teams in Germany, and ride the RC-8R, an 1,190cc bike from Austrian motorcycle manufacturer KTM.

At a press conference in Chennai on Wednesday, Dilip said he was hopeful of putting up a decent performance, but lack of acquaintance with the new bike may prove a deterrent. “I’ll try my best, but I’ll barely get a day to get used to the new bike. Hopefully, that will get sorted out before the second round in mid-June,” he said. — Sports Reporter
Source : The Hindu : Sport / Racing : Motor : Dilip Rogger for Germany
Old 23rd April 2009, 17:01   #44
Senior - BHPian

Roggers is indeed a really nice chap from whatever I've heard. I am sure all of us will wish him best of luck with the upcoming race.
Old 23rd April 2009, 17:14   #45
Senior - BHPian

Good Luck Dilip.do make India proud.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks