Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2007, 15:13   #1
Team-BHP Support

Dilip Rogger: Another Indian battling in the big bad world of Int. motorsport

The popular guys get the little media attention that there is out there. But behind the scenes, there are other guys putting it all on stake to take part in International motorsport.

This time it's on two wheels and the rider is Dilip Rogger, a lanky but soft spoken guy from Tamil Nadu who has been competing in International races for a couple of years now.

He first entered the International scene in the Malaysian Supersport class in 2004 where he promptly won the Super Sport Novice category on his CBR600F4i.

In 2005, he finished 3rd overall, this time on a Yamaha R6. A great result considering the limited backing he had.

For 2007 he has progressed to the next level, the FIM Asian Grand Prix. His first race weekend with the big boys had him placed 13th and 12th in the two races. He is currently 13th in the Championship standings. He has the potential to improve, but at this level, a lot has to do with money, so like all the other sportsmen out here, he is always happy to get a new sponsor.

In conversation with Dilip, he mentioned that,"this year I am participating in FIM ASIAN GP championship and I have changed my bike and now on a Honda CBR 600RR (2007 year model). I have done some basic modifications on the bike. Actually I had a chance to be teammate as pay ride with Mr. Hammaguchi - Japanese (Team Hammer) who is five times ASIAN championship but the budget is high for me now as there is no main sponsor. So I am racing privately but I am having a personal chief mechanic and tuner who is currently working with Team China Xing Zin at MOTO GP 250 cc championship. "

His views on the Championship:
"About the Championship- The FIM ASIAN GP championship is organised in different countries like Indonesia, Malaysia, China and Thailand at tracks like Sepang, Sentul, Bira, Zhuhai and Pasir Gudang circuit. Each rider should represent their own country and they should get nominated from there local federation club and again I am the only INDIAN to participate in the championship and in this higher level."

Compared to the Malaysian super series, the ASIAN GP is a far higher level because there is one MOTO GP 250 cc rider entry in the race and also finished in third place only. There are only two privateers in the whole championship, one is me and another one from Indonesia, the rest all are factory teams and some supported by them."

About his Sponsors:
"This year I was bit supported from Mr.Rangasawamy Chief Minister of Pondicherry state who has helped me to start racing this year and some co-sponsors I need to confirm like MC Accessories (ASIAN motor cycle accessories Company), Duropac (Malaysian road and circuit cleaner company ). I am getting Mechanical support from CHIA MOTOR RACING Malaysia and I am also getting some support from TWO WHEELS motor sport who is ASIAN GP organizers and promoters."

We can keep track of Dilip's performance in the Asian GP Championship from their official website: The ASIAN GRAND PRIX
Old 2nd July 2007, 15:17   #2
Team-BHP Support

I have invited Dilip to join the forum and share his experiences as the season progresses. Lets hope he gets the time to do this.
Old 2nd July 2007, 15:22   #3
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

He is a great rider that boy. Saw him on one of the track days. At C1 doing over 200 he would brake as late as possible, manage a stoppie and then shoot past into C1. It was scary as well as exciting. He has the talent, only if he could get the necessary backing of the sponsors. Well, all I can do is wish him best of luck for his future and do pray that he comes out on top. Good luck dilip. And yes Robin he is a very humble person.

Very soon you will hear our very own Nitrous dedicate a song from Shivaji to Dilip. Shoot away Nitrous anna .
Old 2nd July 2007, 15:49   #4
Team-BHP Support

Thanks for sharing this info with us Robin. I never knew we had an Indian up there with two wheels taking on Asians. Good luck for the season Dilip.
Old 2nd July 2007, 15:51   #5
Senior - BHPian

A very sweet pal of mine.
A typical chennai racer with no attitude and lets his talent do the talking.
After meeting him a couple years back, i tried hunting around for sponsors.
And shamefully, our country's biggies invest on useless cricketers rather than upcoming motorsports talent.
Its been his father and his family supporting him fully. He got an offer to do a european championship,this year but lack of sponsorship kept him in asia.
I sincerely hope he reaches MOTOGP!
Old 2nd July 2007, 21:09   #6
Senior - BHPian

Great to know this. Hope he gets the right breaks.

What about Ashwin Sunder guys, i heard he is also a good talent.
Old 2nd July 2007, 22:17   #7
BHPian

I was just thinking....I know many of you guys have thought about it.
Why doesn't team-bhp (as in we all) contribute something monetorily...It may not be sufficient at all. But since we all are so much into cars and motorsports ourselves, why not start a contribution and support such talented youngsters. Again, I wouldn't know how much it would cost to sponsor him but, it could be just a token of encouragement.
Personal views could differ on this. Just a thought coming in my mind.
Old 2nd July 2007, 22:22   #8
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
What about Ashwin Sunder guys, i heard he is also a good talent.
This kid will go miles. Beyond the stars I'll tell you. What raw talent at such a young age.
Old 2nd July 2007, 22:34   #9
Senior - BHPian

How ironical. I was watching the GP2 race yesterday at MagnyCours (F1 support race) where our man Karun Chandok qualified in the 12 th row. After a SC and redflag where everyone else but him pitted KC found himself in 3rd spot after which he was hounded by the leaders. Lost it out of nervousness and skidded into the gravel trap and was done for the day. His budget for that that race alone would have probably paid for Roger's whole season.

Last edited by Mpower : 2nd July 2007 at 22:36.
Old 3rd July 2007, 02:28   #10
BHPian

I agree what Mpower has to say. Fortunately for Dilip Rogger there's still hope since motorcycle racing is relatively less expensive than auto racing ....expensive none the less.

I wonder if these poorly sponsored riders always ride under the pressure of not wanting to skid and crash their bikes obviously since that'll again be a chunk of money and therefore not riding their max potential out the motorcycle. What you guys think about this?
Old 3rd July 2007, 02:29   #11
BHPian

By the way guys he's got a Rossi helmet on its got a 46 on the chin.
Old 3rd July 2007, 12:10   #12
Senior - BHPian

thats the sad thing, that sponsors dont come for anything but cricket. Now with the F1 being awarded to india, there is a glimmer of hope that there would be some sort of sponsorship coming in to the motor sports arena.
Old 3rd July 2007, 12:11   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaustubh_vaze View Post
I was just thinking....I know many of you guys have thought about it.
Why doesn't team-bhp (as in we all) contribute something monetorily...It may not be sufficient at all. But since we all are so much into cars and motorsports ourselves, why not start a contribution and support such talented youngsters. Again, I wouldn't know how much it would cost to sponsor him but, it could be just a token of encouragement.
Personal views could differ on this. Just a thought coming in my mind.
Personally, I think its a great idea. Since we are all petrol heads, why not put in our own money? What do people think about it?
Old 3rd July 2007, 12:18   #14
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by madan80 View Post
Personally, I think its a great idea. Since we are all petrol heads, why not put in our own money? What do people think about it?
Infact, though I do not see many takers for this I was planning to put up a thread looking for sponsors for the 1600 class. It would be great to have some support to the boys up there in the International Scene and make our country proud.
Old 3rd July 2007, 12:23   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwayblaze View Post
I wonder if these poorly sponsored riders always ride under the pressure of not wanting to skid and crash their bikes obviously since that'll again be a chunk of money and therefore not riding their max potential out the motorcycle. What you guys think about this?
Yeah, true. When you are running in any championship without sponsorship, these are there at the back of your mind, however much you try to shoo them away.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks