Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2007, 23:46   #31
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
It is allowed and is the latest form of performance increase. I also hear they're talking abt yet another revolutionary weight loss to aid performance - dropping the engine.
Ultimate performance increase - drop the driver!
Old 26th August 2007, 03:22   #32
BHPian

[quote=mclaren1885Not sure how many people from Bangalore will be willing to travel 350kms to take part in a drag. Now this is another cause for worry. Though I am planning to approach all the big guns in the tuning industry and put forth a request.

Do we have some confirmed entries for the lL class. or rather how many people do we have, who are taking part in the 1L class? Just wanted to
double check weather we have enough entrants to have the class up and running.

It would be really sad to go all the way there just to know that the only
category left to race is Indian open ..

So can some confirmed participants please give their views, it would really help ..
Old 27th August 2007, 13:19   #33
BHPian

A good initiative mcl, everything seems cool... Just confirm dates and you know for a fact half of bangalore's crowd is there
Old 1st September 2007, 14:03   #34
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

W12 and Sam. Sorry for not having replied earlier. I hope you guys know that organizing a drag is not so easy. One needs to rent out a track, rent out timing equipment, make stalls, hire security for crowd control etc. All this needs money. So yes money is always involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by w12
Is it an event for the enthusiasts run by enthusiasts on a no loss no profit basis?
Yes, it will surely be an event run by enthusiasts. Well its too early to be talking about profit or loss basis. But yes, IF we make a profit out of this I can assure you that all the money will utilized in further improving the facilities for future drags. Our aim is not to host just one event a year and keep quite. But to host multiple events over a period of one year. I have also gotten quotes from some companies to buy out a brand new set of timing equipment with all the works. It costs about 4.5L landed in India. We could rent this out to teams at really nominal prices ( I would say 10k a day) which would allow them to host private events too. Right now the rate for rent is about 50k per day.

Like I mentioned all profits (if we make) will be put to use to better the game.

Quote:
Is it a commercial event with spnsorships , tickets, concessions and the works ?
It is too early to take a call on this. But yes, if we are to make it big we will be needing sponsorships. I guess TBHP too can take part in this hosting actively. Infact, I loved the initiative taken by some guys on another Indian forum. Each member (voluntary) is planning to contribute a small sum of amount to a fund which will be used to sponsor drivers at rallies. I don't know how many of us here would be willing to do so.

Say for eg, 300 members contribute Rs 300 every month to this fund in about a year we will have 10,80,000. With this amount we can buy our own timing lights, rent out our own tracks, make our own rules and keep the commercial interest completely out and make it an enthusiasts only event. We could rent out the timing equipment and make further developments with the money got. The renting out of tracks like Kari can be paid with the competition entry fee etc.

Or we TBHPians can come forward with some sponsors and make this event a success and change the way these events are run. The advantage of us TBHPians involvement in this event would be that we have experienced people whose valuable suggestions, inputs could bring about massive changes. And to top it all we could form a committee which will look into this. What do you guys think?
Old 4th September 2007, 01:43   #35
BHPian

Hey Stumppy,

I think in the FI and NOS class only one of the 2 should be allowed as you are not going to allow Skoda RS's to run in Prostock class and it will be unfair advantage to some guys having RS's who dont have access to modifications or dont want to fiddle with a pretty fast stock car.

And IMO worldwide most official drags also allow either TC/SC or NOS and not both together.

In this way anyone having a strong NA car can also take part by just installing NOS and not undergoing the pain of getting an after market Turbo setup which tends to fail on many cars done in India.. You know what I am talking about.

Cheersss
Old 4th September 2007, 01:49   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
...I can assure you that all the money will utilized in further improving the facilities for future drags...I have also gotten quotes from some companies to buy out a brand new set of timing equipment with all the works. It costs about 4.5L landed in India. We could rent this out to teams at really nominal prices ( I would say 10k a day) which would allow them to host private events...
Say for eg, 300 members contribute Rs 300 every month to this fund in about a year we will have 10,80,000. With this amount we can buy our own timing lights, rent out our own tracks, make our own rules and keep the commercial interest completely out and make it an enthusiasts only event. We could rent out the timing equipment and make further developments with the money got. The renting out of tracks like Kari can be paid with the competition entry fee etc.
Hey, just out of curiosity, who will be involved in the handling of such large sums of money? Who decides where to invest and whom to trust with the equipment? Good initiative on this, though.

You might want to check for the drag setup thing asking for help and suggestion from TBHPians. There was another thread started after SR '07, but the thread died a natural death as the guy just disappeared.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVO6 View Post
And IMO worldwide most official drags also allow either TC/SC or NOS and not both together.
I don't think this is true. It's only SR which doesn't allow both, if I remember right. Theoretically, there should be no restriction on the type of induction, so long as it is either forced or natural, according to class rules.
Old 4th September 2007, 02:05   #37
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Hey, just out of curiosity, who will be involved in the handling of such large sums of money? Who decides where to invest and whom to trust with the equipment? Good initiative on this, though.
Well we can form a committee. Maybe some members from this forum and some members from the motorsport industry who will be willing to take up interest in this issue.

Quote:
You might want to check for the drag setup thing asking for help and suggestion from TBHPians. There was another thread started after SR '07, but the thread died a natural death as the guy just disappeared.
Yes, I will be getting in touch with the person and seeing what he can come up with. Will start detailed reading of that thread in the morning.

Quote:
I don't think this is true. It's only SR which doesn't allow both, if I remember right. Theoretically, there should be no restriction on the type of induction, so long as it is either forced or natural, according to class rules.
I think so too. Any type of FI is allowed. I am trying to look at some regulations made by the FIA or a drag association of some of the popular countries. Hunt is still on.
Old 4th September 2007, 03:13   #38
BANNED

Bhushan, I did a bit of looking around and IDRC (Import Drag Racing Circuit) says if FI (power adders in their terms) is allowed in any class then there is a choice of upto two power adders. Which means both NOS & Turbo/Superchargers will be allowed. For detailed info on this look at the following links.

IDRC Race Info

http://importdrag.com/2006%20IDRC%20...egulations.pdf

I think this is the standard across most parts of the world and something that we should stick to as well. As far as the RS example is concerned in the RS class I do not think it has many competitors anyway. And those who are serious are surely going to go Pete's way and churn out huge BHP figures. Since we cannot keep a tab on whose running Pete's and similar chips or not it would be impossible to hold a pro stock class for such a category and equally pointless to run another category just for those who will come with NOSed RS' too (since you might have none). So basically, the two categories will be based on whether the IC engine is running FI or NA. And any two forms of FI (be it NOS & TC/SC) will be allowed.

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 4th September 2007 at 03:17.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks