Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2008, 03:44   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickatnite View Post
Confirmed. Anyone need a ride , contact me. Nitrous...

finally ill get to meet u nick

well we are members of 2 different sites

however i need sponsor please someone i want to goto the track

Last edited by alias : 18th April 2008 at 03:46.
Old 18th April 2008, 16:58   #32
Senior - BHPian

If I'm able to arrange some cheap tyres, I might come. Lets see how it pans out. No way i'm screwing up my michelin PP2s on track.
Old 18th April 2008, 17:06   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
If I'm able to arrange some cheap tyres, I might come.
If you come across 175/70/R13 or 185/60/R13 size tires do let me know. I need a set (4 tires) to drive on track.
Old 18th April 2008, 19:33   #34
Senior - BHPian

well, the point is that you dont need to "screw up" the tyres at all.. yes, if you have a spare set you can push the car hard and not worry bout wear and tear...
Old 19th April 2008, 02:40   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alias View Post
finally ill get to meet u nick

well we are members of 2 different sites

however i need sponsor please someone i want to goto the track
Looking forward to meeting you too, buddy. Hope you make it this time around.
Old 19th April 2008, 02:49   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickatnite View Post
Looking forward to meeting you too, buddy. Hope you make it this time around.

sure sir will surly see ya this time
Old 20th April 2008, 08:33   #37
Senior - BHPian

so whats the final count of participants?
chennai?
bangalore?
Other cities?
Old 20th April 2008, 12:21   #38
Senior - BHPian

I am out guys. Cant get off from work.
Old 20th April 2008, 20:09   #39
Senior - BHPian

can you snd your car then!
Old 20th April 2008, 21:20   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madan80 View Post
well, the point is that you dont need to "screw up" the tyres at all.. yes, if you have a spare set you can push the car hard and not worry bout wear and tear...
I

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
If you come across 175/70/R13 or 185/60/R13 size tires do let me know. I need a set (4 tires) to drive on track.
What happened to your slicks you purchased for the last track day ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by madan80 View Post
can you snd your car then!
Madan90, can i have your car then?
Old 21st April 2008, 10:40   #41
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Let me just say that I would take their word blindly based on their experience and depth of knowledge
Let me just point out that there were track days held on 24th & 25th of March 07 & 11th & 12th of March 06. I didn't see anyone wanting to boycott due to weather issues back then. I think you were a part of atleast one of these two trackdays as well.

Since Farhan has given a thumbs up, are we going to see you on the 27th track side with your RS? Though I don't claim to be a know it all or as experienced as others here, it saddens to see people like you showing discrimination time and again.

Anyways, my only aim was to get out there and have fun on track. We wanted to test some stuff on track, since the work has not gone thru yet and the turn out is quite bad (and disappointing) I think we might cancel the event, just drive down to Chennai on a weekday (or when we are free) and do the testing.

I think not too long back there was a thread on why the track day scene was dead. Prime factor is lack of interest shown by people who always keep asking when the next trackday is but never turn up on D-day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways View Post
Guys, I am sure Rahul will show you all a good time. I would have loved to be part of the organising comitee, but can't since I am officiating the 24 hour karting event this weekend in Goa.

Yes the weather is hot, so carry a lot of water to drink. I am sure the cars will all be ok if driven within their limits.

Have fun guys, will try and join you guys if time permits.
Farhan, looks like I should stop organizing events such as these. Last time we went to track, as organizers Sriram and myself had to shell out cash from our own pockets to cover up the costs. Besides, we had people shouting "who the hell is the bloody organizer" rather than helping out with the organization (knowing very well I was all alone). Then we had people running around telling everyone not to pay up as I was assumed to be making a profit.

Yet again, people wanted to have another event and on D-day not one soul turned up after confirmation. I had booked the track, had the marshals waiting on track too. End result, I got an earful from the concerned authorities and had to apologize to them. I don't mind apologizing, but I'd atleast expect people who confirmed to atleast turn up or have the courtesy to inform they wouldn't be coming in advance. Or request people not to post fake confirmations knowing very well they don't want to get on track. There are quite a few characters who post just for the sake of posting confirmations but not once have turned up to a meet, drive or a track day.

Will be looking forward to events organized by you guys.

Last edited by Technocrat : 21st April 2008 at 14:01.
Old 21st April 2008, 12:07   #42
BHPian

Only two things stopping me from confirming.. in the following order
1. Track day for only 4 hours ( 130 pm - 530 PM). Actual track time might be less.
2. Chennai heat during this time of year.
Old 21st April 2008, 12:14   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alias View Post
sure sir will surly see ya this time
So, did you get yourself a sponsor ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
I think we might cancel the event, just drive down to Chennai on a weekday (or when we are free) and do the testing.
uh-oh! looks like you might not be meeting nick just yet.
Old 21st April 2008, 13:50   #44
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Let me just point out that there were track days held on 24th & 25th of March 07 & 11th & 12th of March 06. I didn't see anyone wanting to boycott due to weather issues back then. I think you were a part of atleast one of these two trackdays as well.
March is a lot cooler that April/ May. (32, 37 C respectively as per Met figures) Spent the whole on sunday on the golf course in Bangalore heat and barely made it, now imagine Chennai

Quote:
Since Farhan has given a thumbs up, are we going to see you on the 27th track side with your RS? Though I don't claim to be a know it all or as experienced as others here, it saddens to see people like you showing discrimination time and again.
No, you will not see me

1: Farhan said, keep to one's limits - bit difficult for me on track
2: Being a turbo - it runs at much higher temperatures unless I start cutting bits off my bodywork
3: Ever considered the equation between cost of Skoda parts and hard earned money!

Quote:
I think we might cancel the event, just drive down to Chennai on a weekday (or when we are free) and do the testing.
Please go ahead

Quote:
I think not too long back there was a thread on why the track day scene was dead. Prime factor is lack of interest shown by people who always keep asking when the next trackday is but never turn up on D-day
If I say, I will come, I come, If I say I can't, I can't. I have always been up front. During the meet earlier this month, the talk was around end May, again that is doubtful temperature wise! I do not waste people's time by saying that I will come and never show up (unless my car plays up)

I think you need to understand "market dynamics" from the responses apart from mine

1: Time too short
2: Us delicate darlings from Bangalore don't like the heat (also my RS !)
3: We are quite tight on time - work wise

You might recollect that there was a good crowd for the last MMSC track day (the one where my car played up!). I have no knowledge of the Kari incidents so refuse to comment.

Call discrimination if you so wish, I call it common sense!

Last edited by ajmat : 21st April 2008 at 13:51.
Old 21st April 2008, 17:36   #45
Senior - BHPian

With the temperature being what it is in Bangalore itself, I can't drive without the aircon on full blast. I'm shuddering to think of what stress engines will face in TN heat. Especially FI ones.

Will look forward to a report.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Last time we went to track, as organizers Sriram and myself had to shell out cash from our own pockets
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
(knowing very well I was all alone)
Which one was it?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks