Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2008, 18:45   #46
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat
1: Farhan said, keep to one's limits - bit difficult for me on track
They say that every time so that we don't get overexcited and damage our cars. Be it March, April, August or Dec.

Quote:
Ever considered the equation between cost of Skoda parts and hard earned money!
Trust me, even I have worked hard to do some of the mods on my car. Loving cars as much as I do, I really would not want to see anyones car blow up.

Quote:
Call discrimination if you so wish, I call it common sense!
Taking a dig (thrice) at someone saying you know nothing is common sense? Ok, so be it.
Old 21st April 2008, 18:54   #47
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Ok, so be it.
Rahul, I sincerely request getting back to the track of topic discussion.

I don't want a reply to my post here. I would rather meet you to talk about these issues..if you think they're important.
Old 21st April 2008, 19:58   #48
Senior - BHPian

coming back to my post- who's finally coming and who's not? ???
Old 21st April 2008, 20:29   #49
Senior - BHPian

I would like to be on the tracks. I may not drive but certainly to shoot and meet others. I am ready to pay an entry fee if any.

Please confirm exact dates and times since I saw mention of 26th and also 27th.
Old 21st April 2008, 20:45   #50
Senior - BHPian

i will be going, along with a few friends from office! so that will be 2 cars on the track.
Rahul - im guessing its sat afternoon 130-4 right?

Quote:
Only two things stopping me from confirming.. in the following order
1. Track day for only 4 hours ( 130 pm - 530 PM). Actual track time might be less.
2. Chennai heat during this time of year.
when you drive on the track - more than 30 minutes at a time is tough for both car and driver - but it feels lovely. Its a lot of fun - so do try and make it.

Last edited by madan80 : 21st April 2008 at 20:46.
Old 22nd April 2008, 03:47   #51
BHPian

heard that its gonna be pretty hot and hard for the cars to handle

man in that case i dont wanna take a risk

lets hope we can have a track day in a better weather

ps i dont like getting tan either so may be next time
Old 22nd April 2008, 10:30   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madan80 View Post
i will be going, along with a few friends from office! so that will be 2 cars on the track.

when you drive on the track - more than 30 minutes at a time is tough for both car and driver - but it feels lovely. Its a lot of fun - so do try and make it.
rahulkool from chennai and maybe roc from blore .. will be joining them so not taking my car
Old 22nd April 2008, 12:53   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shazikon View Post
2. Chennai heat during this time of year.
Come on..Chennai is not so bad..We have the TRACK!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post

No, you will not see me

2: Us delicate darlings from Bangalore don't like the heat (also my RS !)
Oh delicate darlin..there are enough RS running in Chennai in the heat and they do withstand that..dont they? Let me tell you that most RS owners clip..cos thats the way that car has to be driven: LOL

Wished you could come this time..I could join you and experience another sweet drive on the track like last time on the Honda..!

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
With the temperature being what it is in Bangalore itself, I can't drive without the aircon on full blast. I'm shuddering to think of what stress engines will face in TN heat. Especially FI ones.
Come on guys,,dont be a sissy, Bangalore heat is pretty dry that burns your skin, unlike Chennai where we sweat it out. Come on V1p3r, I was looking forward to meeting up with you guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
I would like to be on the tracks. I may not drive but certainly to shoot and meet others. I am ready to pay an entry fee if any.

Please confirm exact dates and times since I saw mention of 26th and also 27th.
Ajo, pls dont shoot me!!

Quote:

Madan, please get your lancer!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alias View Post
heard that its gonna be pretty hot and hard for the cars to handle

man in that case i dont wanna take a risk

lets hope we can have a track day in a better weather

ps i dont like getting tan either so may be next time
Well..what am i to say here? Dont you apply sun screen lotion..the fancy ones available ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
rahulkool from chennai and maybe roc from blore .. will be joining them so not taking my car
Bottle, we need your car..and then you..in that order..looking forward to see you there!

Finally, guys, the cars can handle the heat! Car engine temperatures are pretty much higher than outside, and no one will screw up a car unless one does it unknowingly. The purpose of a track day is to explore our limits and our cars limits. We could always do it nice and fast without overdoing it.

Its sad to see so many of our Bangalore friends backing out. Wish you guys could really make it.
Old 22nd April 2008, 13:06   #54
Senior - BHPian

^^You bring you common rail turbo diesel to the track. I'll supply you the tyres too.
And then we can invite our turbo petrol friends from bangalore.
Old 22nd April 2008, 13:10   #55
Senior - BHPian

I have no idea about modded cars and the beating they could take due to the harsh Chennai weather. I will leave that to the experts who know what they are doing.

But, if we are talking normal unmodded rides, I do not see any reason why our cars should not be able to take this heat and more. A simple example. I have done Chennai-Kerala drives many times in this kind of weather, a distance of close to 800kms, done in a single stretch of 14-16 hours driving, with a 15min break every 2-3 hours, max speeds between 100-140kmph, depending on road conditions.

Is a few hours on track going to be more strenuous than that ?
Old 22nd April 2008, 13:15   #56
Senior - BHPian

well... headers- lancer's out- its got a leak in the exhaust system!

SB- sometimes it is more strenous - as you are constantly redlining the car,
Old 22nd April 2008, 13:17   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
^^You bring you common rail turbo diesel to the track. I'll supply you the tyres too.
And then we can invite our turbo petrol friends from bangalore.
Yes my friend..my common rail turbo diesel is coming to the track..and I have tyres too..Thanks for the extra set though..will help in burnouts

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
But, if we are talking normal unmodded rides, I do not see any reason why our cars should not be able to take this heat and more. A simple example. I have done Chennai-Kerala drives many times in this kind of weather, a distance of close to 800kms, done in a single stretch of 14-16 hours driving, with a 15min break every 2-3 hours, max speeds between 100-140kmph, depending on road conditions.

Is a few hours on track going to be more strenuous than that ?
The track will be strenuous if one is constantly red lining the vehicle. Else it should be fine I'd guess!

Quote:

Buddy, you dissapointed me :( So are you gettin your good old palio? Or Shall we take the Gypsy?

Last edited by aah78 : 23rd April 2008 at 20:57. Reason: Posts merged. Use edit instead of repeat posts. Thanks.
Old 22nd April 2008, 13:22   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madan80
Hmm, you have a point. I missed the redlining part.
Old 22nd April 2008, 13:30   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Fantastic. Now all the more better!
Quote:
sirjee, Highway driving is not going to have sudden braking, sudden acceleration,sudden gearshifts, sudden direction change every few seconds. Basically, an experienced driver on a track is going to be pushing his and the cars limits to get a better time,every lap.
This is strenuous enough for NA cars. For turbo cars, this can be highly damaging without the driver realising. With the searing 40 degree Chennai heat and high revving, the engine oil would become as thin as it can get and lubrication efficiency goes down. And we know what happens next.
If you read your temp guage really well, at such hot conditions,radiator almost does no difference to the coolant temperature when it passes the fins since the air passing through is HOT already.

So, the remedy for this is running the engine on racing oil and upgrading the radiator to 3 or 4 core heavy duty radiators and special water sprays for the turbo intercooler.
Old 22nd April 2008, 13:42   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Fantastic. Now all the more better!

So, the remedy for this is running the engine on racing oil and upgrading the radiator to 3 or 4 core heavy duty radiators and special water sprays for the turbo intercooler.

Nitrous is going to give us all a demo of the stuff he talked about in a BRAND NEW DICOR 2.2 VTT, specially custom made to fit him in!

BTW, you have a good ride, buddy, pls handle with care for the other road users!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks