Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2009, 15:49   #61
BHPian

Ankit - Welcome to TBhp. Congratulations for a wonderfully organized rally. Just One suggestion; Do have a rear windscreen sticker next time. That way we'll be spared a lot of honking and conversely a lot of penalty points for speeding

Rehaan - My car no. 53 is at 38th place. Nothing to boast about but I managed to qualify

About the rally:

As already stated, it was wonderfully organized. To be very honest, I was quite nervous about the whole thing, never having taken part in this sort of event. This nervousness was infinitely increased by my first navigator. He was having major problems reading his chart, and I believe with the English language too; he was reading out every alphabet! During the trial run, I finally parked at the side of the road and asked him to read out the entire chart slowly. Sadly, he was unable to do a very good job and opted out immediately.

The second navigator I paired up with was in a different league altogether. He was VERY hard of hearing in addition to being born visually impaired, but I was blown away by his skill. He, Mr. Rajinder Singh, is a Phd, education and works with NAB as well as the Hellen Keller institute. He was impeccably mannered and very soft spoken. My ONLY regret was I couldn't get him to stop calling me "Sir"!

A funny incident occured after the Mantralaya check point. My navigator wanted to make a loo stop and seeing a public loo, I stopped and took him inside. What I did not realize that I was parked outside a bar, a Pritam Bar to boot! I saw GTO zoom past, looking inside my car. Naturally, there was nobody in it! After finishing the rally, I was subjected to a lot of legpulling, most of it being my fault, as I was joking around before the rally began that if I missed a check point or got lost, I'll take my navigator to the nearest watering hole and make sure he doesn't regret too much I actually had no clue about where I was parked until a fellow Bhpian told me it was right outside Pritam. Don't worry Gogs, my loyalty to your establishment remains; namesakes simply don't make the cut.

The plus point was meeting up with old friends and getting to know new members. All in all a brilliant weekend.

Last edited by vikram18 : 19th February 2009 at 16:07.
vikram18 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2009, 16:02   #62
BHPian

Ankit - I must congratulate you and all the other organizers for such a brilliantly organized event.

The bottles of water, juices and snacks box did go miles to say the caring that you guys had for the participants and the navigators.

Hats off. I indeed had a great time over the weekend. Take my word,I am going to be a regular for all future events.
Get some more pics of us being flagged off at the start
Old 20th February 2009, 01:31   #63
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram18 View Post
....Rehaan - My car no. 53 is at 38th place. Nothing to boast about but I managed to qualify...
Added!

That results list keeps getting redder and redder

cya
R
Old 25th February 2009, 16:01   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

I just remembered the funniest part of the rally. jitu's car has all those gauges for pressure, etc mounted on his dash. so one lady notices this and starts complaining to the organizer that this gentleman has multiple speedometers and will give him an unfair advantage in the time distance rally!!! ha ha ha

Last edited by Tejas@perioimpl : 25th February 2009 at 16:03.
Old 25th February 2009, 16:05   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
I just remembered the funniest part of the rally. jitu's car has all those gauges for pressure, etc mounted on his dash. so one lady notices this and starts complaining to the organizer that this gentleman has multiple speedometers and will give him an unfair advantage in the time distance rally!!! ha ha ha
Must be the same chick in the Scorpio who I think took the all ladies prize. Her driving was scarier than even Manson's! Or it could be that lady in the Santro who took a decade to back out of the parking the earlier day; nearly hit Jitu's car too
Old 25th February 2009, 17:27   #66

Quote:
Get some more pics of us being flagged off at the start
I had a few have attached them
Attached Thumbnails
Report & Pics : The Blind Man Rally Experience, Feb 09.-img_3511.jpg  

Report & Pics : The Blind Man Rally Experience, Feb 09.-img_3513.jpg  

Report & Pics : The Blind Man Rally Experience, Feb 09.-img_3514.jpg  

Report & Pics : The Blind Man Rally Experience, Feb 09.-img_3518.jpg  

Report & Pics : The Blind Man Rally Experience, Feb 09.-img_3521.jpg  

Report & Pics : The Blind Man Rally Experience, Feb 09.-img_3536.jpg  

Report & Pics : The Blind Man Rally Experience, Feb 09.-img_3539.jpg  

Report & Pics : The Blind Man Rally Experience, Feb 09.-img_3540.jpg  

Report & Pics : The Blind Man Rally Experience, Feb 09.-img_3541.jpg  

Last edited by Rehaan : 27th February 2009 at 01:17. Reason: Quote fixed.
Old 25th February 2009, 17:30   #67
BHPian

I think the funniest part of the rally was the guy that stopped at a bar with his navigator ....oh wait, that was Vikram!!
Old 25th February 2009, 22:12   #68
BHPian

Thank you for the pictures Ankit, hope there are many more to come.
Old 26th February 2009, 01:33   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

Ankit... the pic with the red honda city... please
Old 27th February 2009, 01:20   #70
Team-BHP Support

Thanks for the pics Ankit.

Just stubled upon this blog post about the rally. It seems to be put up by a Round Table India member and has quite a few details as well as links / pics / articles / links to videos, and ofcourse, more than one mention of TBHP.

Check it out : <b><u>AREA3</u></b>: BRT2-The Round Table India Blind Man Car Rally

cya
R
Old 27th February 2009, 11:23   #71
BHPian

nice find that rehaan.

The videos are also good.

The event seemed to have a lot of media coverage also.
Old 6th January 2010, 11:31   #72
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, just got an SMS from Vishal (Round Table). This year's Car Rally for the Blind (4th Edition) will be held on Sunday 7th February 2010.

See the thread for the upcoming event here : LINK

And mark the dates.

Last edited by Rehaan : 23rd January 2010 at 02:55. Reason: Adding link.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks