Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2009, 05:14   #16
BHPian

Let me give you a clearer picture. Or rather, pictures. Clicked by Shankar Paul Chinnappa, this series of pics will give you a very clear view of what happened and how. Very funny. Enjoy!

A lensman lives to tell!!! (crazy K1000 incident)-1.jpg

A lensman lives to tell!!! (crazy K1000 incident)-2.jpg

A lensman lives to tell!!! (crazy K1000 incident)-3.jpg

A lensman lives to tell!!! (crazy K1000 incident)-4.jpg

But on the serious side, it goes to show how dangerous it is for people to be on the track and more so, so close to the speeding cars. It is lucky the photographer was quick-footed. Otherwise, Motorsport would have been blamed for the photographer's fault. You might ask at this point.... What was his fault? The answer is... being in the wrong place was his fault. He could have been in a safe place like S.P.Chinnappa and got good pics like S.P.Chinnappa did.
Old 25th August 2009, 07:16   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14000rpm View Post

I guess we'll let him reveal himself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Forget the lensman, I'm just happy the camera is safe!
and then the location "Location: BLR - chasing cars..." may be "Location: BLR - chased by cars..."

v1p3r, was that you?
Old 25th August 2009, 09:21   #18
Senior - BHPian

Can't blame the driver. His job is to try and win the race. Just because their is a perimeter marked, doesn't mean that the organisers say - "You can stand right next to it, and if a car runs you over, we will arrest him for rash and negligent driving".

The lensman put himself in harm's way and almost reaped what he sowed.
Old 25th August 2009, 09:26   #19
Team-BHP Support

I'd like to see the pics taken by that lensman of teh car hurtling towards him. I'm sure he got some nice real closeup snaps.
Old 25th August 2009, 10:22   #20
BANNED

damn those pictures are funny! the car is pointed toward the lensman - who I know, by the way - like a heat seeking missile in each and every shot.
our man should try his hand at war photography next.
Old 25th August 2009, 14:48   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoverwild View Post
Can't blame the driver. His job is to try and win the race. Just because their is a perimeter marked, doesn't mean that the organisers say - "You can stand right next to it, and if a car runs you over, we will arrest him for rash and negligent driving".
Look carefully man. The driver has plowed through the barrier!!!
Agreed the cameraman should not have gone that close, but this is more the driver's fault.

If a perimeter is marked the driver is supposed to stay in that. Else he can just take the shortest route from start to finish.
Old 25th August 2009, 15:04   #22
Team-BHP Support

Something similar happened to me few years back, only difference was i was driving last lap and to the flying finish in an auto cross event and a short dark chap with some camera on the middle, just after the finish line! braked and hand brake pull, car goes sideways! Finally pics land in some local daily, thats what i heard.

Mad buggers, dont have respect for lives! their's and that of others!
Old 25th August 2009, 15:12   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srijit View Post
Agreed the cameraman should not have gone that close, but this is more the driver's fault.

If a perimeter is marked the driver is supposed to stay in that. Else he can just take the shortest route from start to finish.
No way is it the driver's fault. Driving errors happen and everybody around has left room for error. When it is the driver's mistake, there will be 100 people running. There's only 1 guy running here. So it is clear who's mistake it is.
Old 25th August 2009, 16:00   #24
BHPian

I thought I heard several announcements that said people standing there were actually not allowed to! they were requesting them as well as press personnel to move away from those areas. this is not new! I still remember the mishaps that occurred at the 2005 quarter mile drag.
Old 25th August 2009, 16:27   #25
BANNED

Srijit! it is nobody's fault. the cameraman understood the risk he took when standing in a tricky spot like that.

one would struggle to maintain a clean line through a similar hairpin even on a smooth surface at sedate speeds. here we are talking about drivers and machines that have been abused badly for two consecutive days, fighting for championship points on a virtually non-existent road.
cut them some slack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srijit View Post

Old 25th August 2009, 18:07   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacmagic View Post
the cameraman understood the risk he took when standing in a tricky spot like that.
You might want to rephrase it to "camera man now understands"
Old 25th August 2009, 18:24   #27
BHPian

OMG he was so close to the car. He sure had his stars in place.
Old 25th August 2009, 19:36   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacmagic View Post
Srijit! it is nobody's fault. the cameraman understood the risk he took when standing in a tricky spot like that.
I agree. Which is why I said that the cameraman should not have gone that far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazdayar View Post
No way is it the driver's fault. Driving errors happen and everybody around has left room for error. When it is the driver's mistake, there will be 100 people running. There's only 1 guy running here. So it is clear who's mistake it is.
I'm sorry, but I dont agree with you. Barriers are there for a reason. To keep people off the track and also to keep the cars away from spectators.
If the organizer's didnt want people too close to the driving line, then they should have put up a separate barrier for people.
Anyway, this is a rally, right. From what little I have seen of the WRC, incidents like these happen.

However, the point I was trying to make was that the cameraman was behind the barrier and that the car had plowed through it. NOT the other way around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
You might want to rephrase it to "camera man now understands"
I am sure he does.
Old 25th August 2009, 20:24   #29
Senior - BHPian

Wow, thats a close one. Its nobody's fault, things like this just happen in a rally, instead its the lensman who was faster than the car and saved a lot of trouble for everyone. And its a bit funny also..
Old 26th August 2009, 01:23   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k View Post
and then the location "Location: BLR - chasing cars..." may be "Location: BLR - chased by cars..."

v1p3r, was that you?
Lol, nope, not me. I'm too lazy to stand in the sunshine and dirt. I was in the stands, sitting down, enjoying the roar of engines.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks