Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2005, 10:40   #31
BHPian

Hello MPower,

Thank you for the compliments. I had mentioned the same thing about Naren getting a shot at the international scene, but there were people mentioning about Lack of Sponsorships. The last time he neede about 28 L and he got only 10 from JK. That is a real shame!!!
I feel, we could really leverage the Indian Population in this regard. Even if 0.001 % of Automotive enthusiasts follow motorsport and if we could start sponsoring worthy people with the simple help of an SMS, it would be great. I mean we could do this for almost anything. Just today I read in the papers that a slum dweller needed 60K for a heart operation and so the local slum dwellers raised by contributing 50 paise each.
GTO, if you are listening, this way, we could have TEAM BHP sponsoring international rally events and who knows even Formula 1 one day.
Apart from that, nopes, there weren't any Indicas that day. The 00 was an Esteem I think in a Maruti 1000 shell or it could be the 1000 itself. The 0 vehicle was a mammoth Nissan Patrol.
Old 16th December 2005, 18:55   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by burjiis
The 00 was an Esteem I think in a Maruti 1000 shell or it could be the 1000 itself. The 0 vehicle was a mammoth Nissan Patrol.
hi burjiis ...
00 was an 1000 with an Esteem engine in it ... It belongs to Srikanth Araza who is APMSC comittee member and Driven by Ravindra Mudiraj and Chytanya Akkineni ..
0 was driven by Ajay Reddy and RaviRaj ..
Old 16th December 2005, 23:50   #33
Senior - BHPian

Well JK has been pumping a lot of money into circuit racing. Everyone from Narian, Karun, Armaan, Parthiv have benefitted from this. Karun especially
with 2 years of British F3 and then world series. At least they can put Naren into a Gp. N car that should be much cheaper than the full blown Gp.As. Skip OZ and NZ if its too far and just do the rest,
but do something guys.

Burjis, there are barely 2-3 people here who are even interested in seeing rally threads. How much do you think you'll get out of that. You'll have a lot better luck raising money for Narian Karthikeyan all over India because he has a really awesome PR machine.

As far as MRF, well I don't know what to say. Running in a foriegn country (where they dont sell tires) with a foriegn car and foriegn drivers pumping money into tire technology that they dont even sell in India. I mean nobody goes out and buys MRF knobbies for their everyday use Balenos. These guys are all buying GSD3 and Yokohamas.
All I can say is, what's MRF smoking?

Last edited by Mpower : 16th December 2005 at 23:55.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks