Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2006, 13:10   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Day
Ok you just said it..7:40 on cup tires, do you know what cup tires can do? the actual timing for this car has been put up as 7:50ish not 7:40, you save a good 10secs with those tires, it was not the stock car that was tested on the ring, so there you go..if you put these tires on Z06..the carerra GT would have a hard time proving to the world its a great car..

and I didnt even think about the cheaper aspect..I love the new porsche..but lets face it..its a hell of a lot of money and porsche hasnt given much for the money..its definetly not 2x worth the Z06 sorry bud...

If i have the money i would get both along with a F430 and DB9 Convert...but for now I am looking to get the Z06 soon cuz thats a car 99.9% of the cars cant touch today..
I agree that the timings aren't correct since they are on racing tires. BUT about the price apsect, I have to disagree. I can use the same comparo, that HEY, the Porsche is cheaper than the Ferrari AND the DB9 AND its faster but does it necesarily mean its better?
If you want performance SOO much then why not go for Supra/NSX/Whatever, and tune it too 800bhp or so and it will still come out cheaper than the Z06. You look at the timings but in reality even if you do go to the tracks, what percentage of your usage is that going to be. If given a choice between Z06 and CGT, which would you take??

IMO Porsche have given a lot of car for the money. Its cheaper than the F430 and Gallardo yet will rip both these cars to shreds when on the road or on the track!!! The fact of the matter remains that raw power doesn't compare at all to sex appeal which is only present in todays German and more importantly Italian cars.
Old 21st February 2006, 00:42   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess?
I agree that the timings aren't correct since they are on racing tires. BUT about the price apsect, I have to disagree. I can use the same comparo, that HEY, the Porsche is cheaper than the Ferrari AND the DB9 AND its faster but does it necesarily mean its better?
If you want performance SOO much then why not go for Supra/NSX/Whatever, and tune it too 800bhp or so and it will still come out cheaper than the Z06. You look at the timings but in reality even if you do go to the tracks, what percentage of your usage is that going to be. If given a choice between Z06 and CGT, which would you take??

IMO Porsche have given a lot of car for the money. Its cheaper than the F430 and Gallardo yet will rip both these cars to shreds when on the road or on the track!!! The fact of the matter remains that raw power doesn't compare at all to sex appeal which is only present in todays German and more importantly Italian cars.

I agree with you on most part, sex appeal of italians cant be matched, even by the 911 turbo...if i were every given a choice, out of the DB9, F430, 911 Turbo and Z06(hehe!)

then ofcourse in the exact order
F430, DB9, 911 Turbo and Z06

but i can tell you in person the Z06 is as sexy as the 911 and more..

but surely porsche has done a great work to produce a car like this...

I am working on a project I dont know if I ever will be able to complete it..but

get a brand new Z06, take it AUS, get a full mirror image LHD to RHD, change the seats to get some nice racing seats with leather, cover the dash etc with leather and some nice wheels, some nice tuning and bring the car back to india with me..I would rather have this creation of mine than most until 911 turbo but a f430 or DB9 or Gallardo, i much rather have than my creation..

but who knows..

it might cost me close to 135k usd just to make this car and then duty etc(if applicable)..and this would be abeast to kill for..i am telling you...
Old 21st February 2006, 04:58   #18
Senior - BHPian

There's a company in UK that converts LHD to RHD. In fact they converted a Hummer H2 for Sunil Shetty apparently.

Here's the link

http://www.intercep.co.uk/news1.htm
Old 21st February 2006, 05:17   #19
Senior - BHPian

Thanks a ton MPower..I have been searching on the web for days now and couldnt get anyone to give me a good link..this is the best thing I have got from any car forum i have visite..

I am already speaking to LPE and some other tunners in US..lets see how that goes..It would surely be easily to get it done by someone like LPE and have them also do some mods may be like a turbo or even a twin turbo? but then again if they refuse..atleast i know there is someone who can do this..

Now its only time before i decide to go back..

Cheers...
Old 21st February 2006, 10:10   #20

Don't know about you guys but to me, nothing comes close to the '964' version Turbo with the air cooled 3.6, 3 piece split rims and the big whale tale spoiler ala BAD BOYS! To me, porsches now are getting to civilized and 'driveable'....don't put hairs on your chest anymore. Anyone seen any older 911's in India??
Old 21st February 2006, 11:05   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian porker
Anyone seen any older 911's in India??
Theres an old light blue 911 thats usually parked next to a old red ferrari fastback on napeansea road. Cant really identify either model positively so i wont.

Also, a TBHP member from Dhaka? used to own a red targa in bangalore if i remember right (not as old as the light blue one i am talking about, but closer to what you are looking for!) Links anyone?

Speaking of porsches.... 20mins back my friend just told me he sold his 944 for $900 as he was desperate for cash

cya
R

ps - and how could i forget the black turbo X-911 that was parked at the 2003 speedrun. Beauty.

Last edited by Rehaan : 21st February 2006 at 11:06.
Old 21st February 2006, 22:59   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Orignally Posted by 1Day
I agree with you on most part, sex appeal of italians cant be matched, even by the 911 turbo...if i were every given a choice, out of the DB9, F430, 911 Turbo and Z06(hehe!)
Porsche isnt looking for any sort of sex appeal with the 997 turbo,they are trying to stick to the original,its just engineering at its best.
Its for the Hairy chested.
Old 22nd February 2006, 00:19   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ok you just said it..7:40 on cup tires, do you know what cup tires can do? the actual timing for this car has been put up as 7:50ish not 7:40, you save a good 10secs with those tires, it was not the stock car that was tested on the ring, so there you go..if you put these tires on Z06..the carerra GT would have a hard time proving to the world its a great car..
Ok boss!

Let me buy myself one of these 997 TTs and then I'll run it around the Ring on Pirelli P Zero Rosso(s) and Goodyear Eagle F1 EMTs or whatever it is that the Yanks are running their sportscars on these days.
Old 22nd February 2006, 03:52   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ported_head
Ok boss!

Let me buy myself one of these 997 TTs and then I'll run it around the Ring on Pirelli P Zero Rosso(s) and Goodyear Eagle F1 EMTs or whatever it is that the Yanks are running their sportscars on these days.
Well yanks run them on F1 EMTs..bad tires..

as for the stock Turbo it wouldnt be sold with the tires that they used to run on the ring, the ones they used on the ring are racing tires..

but i sure hope you get a 911 Turbo soon just in time for my converted Z06 then we can have a match up...

JK

I love 911 turbo myself, so there is no comparison happening, just stating facts..

Last edited by 1Day : 22nd February 2006 at 03:53.
Old 21st June 2006, 21:00   #25

997 Turbo

Now that I have sold my 996 turbo cant wait to buy one of these. With 460 Bhp on tap (w/o X50 pkg) and an all new 4WD system.
There is one on its way to Bombay, so you guys there will be seeing one of these beasts very soon. The owner of that car has customised it to the hilt, not that there was much to add but some how he has managed to add bits to it. Well enjoy this post for now and will upload pic of mine when i get it.

Old 21st June 2006, 21:31   #26
Senior - BHPian

Y you posting Spy pictures, hasnt this car been out since feb??

Also you have a Turbo, damn man thats a nice piece of work..

you arnt BadBoy though right?
Old 21st June 2006, 23:35   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Y you posting Spy pictures, hasnt this car been out since feb??

Also you have a Turbo, damn man thats a nice piece of work..

you arnt BadBoy though right?
I think it's his brother. If not, I'd like to be his brother.
Old 22nd June 2006, 01:21   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniguchisan
I think it's his brother. If not, I'd like to be his brother.

I know.. me too

I like the Turbo too, I dont know what I would want a Turbo or GT2...GT2 would destroy the F430 and Gallardo and 599 GTB(i think)...but then again Turbo would be 50k cheaper..
Old 22nd June 2006, 17:48   #29

Yes BADBOY is my brother and between us we have a few toys to play with. Waiting to get my 997 Turbo in the near future will post pictures of it when i get it.
Old 22nd June 2006, 19:19   #30
BHPian

new auto car has the full review.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks