Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2012, 11:45   #106
BHPian

Re: Top Gear Season 18 coming on Jan 2012!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
I agree with Shivank. I am a fan of track days and found the E6 entertaining. But SIARPC was quite boring. Maybe TG can do away with SIARPC in some episodes when they don't get Mr. Fassbender or Amy Williams and extend the news section.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animesh View Post
I have always wondered how others felt about the 'Star in a reasonably priced car' portion of TG. It just bores me to death and now I just skip the part (I can because I download it and then watch the episodes). Maybe the only one that I enjoyed was the one with Sebastian Vettel and the one with Cameron Diaz.
I think the reason why they are not willing to drop this SIARPC thing is best answered by JC and Wilman here.

Transmission – BBC Top Gear Video: more from Jeremy and Andy Wilman on series 18 «
Shivank is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2012, 23:26   #107
BHPian

well heard kimi raikkonen is going to be featured in this sundays show.wonder if even JC can squeeze a bit more than one liners from the mellow finn.
Old 7th March 2012, 23:54   #108
Senior - BHPian

Watched the 6th episode, was funny again, not as entertaining as some of the previous ones but loved the challenges, they were hilarious & ofcourse the Q3 bit
Old 8th March 2012, 23:09   #109
BHPian

Q3 thing was definitively funny,the track day gag was strictly OK and the news well there was no news et all just 3 guys talking.

After following the TG guys in Delhi & watching how they film it and then watching the final film, I was a bit disappointed. And now the episodes are becoming quite predictable for me, I' am able to anticipate how they would have filmed it,what was the thought process behind the act,what are they going to do, and what are they going to say!
Though I knew it before hand that episodes are scripted and all BUT still they were exciting or maybe I wasn't watching them with the insight I have now. I think its the case of "never meet your heroes" for me and I'm sorry to say that I have started to loose interest now.

Sincerely hope that they can come up with something fresh and exciting!

Last edited by vagu : 8th March 2012 at 23:10.
Old 11th March 2012, 21:03   #110
BHPian

preview of todays episode
Old 12th March 2012, 04:12   #111
BHPian

Just finished watching the final episode :(
The guests were brilliant!! Great end to the season!!
Samir Taheer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2012, 09:55   #112
Senior - BHPian

This episode is one of the best in a long, long time! Brilliant guests, Chris Evans' garage was an absolute treat, the 250 GT California was a sensory overload and the rallycross racing was fantastic! But the best treat is saved for the end! Everybody should watch this episode and then try saying "Top Gear isn't fun anymore". I bet you can't!
Old 12th March 2012, 10:20   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamik.bose View Post
This episode is one of the best in a long, long time! Brilliant guests, Chris Evans' garage was an absolute treat, the 250 GT California was a sensory overload and the rallycross racing was fantastic! But the best treat is saved for the end! Everybody should watch this episode and then try saying "Top Gear isn't fun anymore". I bet you can't!
Please dont spill any more beans :(. I was supposed to watch on BBC Ent India but after reading this, downloading right away! Damn this Docomo 3G connection.
Old 12th March 2012, 10:59   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
Please dont spill any more beans :(. I was supposed to watch on BBC Ent India but after reading this, downloading right away! Damn this Docomo 3G connection.
This is exactly why I don't view this thread until I have finished watching an episode. But don't worry, there are a lot of surprises in store
Old 12th March 2012, 12:51   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamik.bose View Post
This is exactly why I don't view this thread until I have finished watching an episode.
Same reason why I come here late.

Hard to believe it's the end of a very brilliant series. It is also about time to start scavenging through previous seasons so as to keep ourselves entertained until the next series comes along. Is it only me who finds everything on television boring and compares it with TG?

Nevertheless, couldn't have asked for a better end to the series 18 (Slash playing Jessica ). After the catastrophic India Special everyone was speculating that Top Gear is finished, and is on its last stage. Thank God, it's not.

About the last episode; Wow! I am in love with the new M5 after watching that film. It has suddenly started to look much better than the previous gen E60! Growing on me, slowly. Kimi's awesome but wet lap ruined his day out there, could have been faster if it were dry. Slash was entertaining too. But, what makes TG special is its boys. Rally-cross efforts, races, Garrys were all brilliant! I liked the aftermath and comments on Richard's instincts by Jeremy. Annnnd...the magnificence of a Ferrari 250 GT California. The way they keep pushing Audi Q3 into the frame was funny! As long as they don't repeat it every now and then, it's fine.

Very well-balanced and super awesome episode; though a bit hurried upon. Still, one of the best.

PS: Remember in the promos where James was going around the TG testtrack in an airplane. Where's that bit gone?
Old 12th March 2012, 21:09   #116
Senior - BHPian

Loved this particular episode, especially the bit with kimi.
Old 12th March 2012, 22:15   #117
Senior - BHPian

Awesome finale. Loved Kimi, the California, the rally cross and the Jessica cover.

Jezza on the F10 M5 would have been better though and the episode could do with a little more time. I bet the editor had a tough time.
Old 13th March 2012, 10:26   #118
BHPian

The best episode of the season IMO, though a bit hurried. The F10 M5 was pretty good, the only problem is synthesized engine noises from the Speakers.

Loved the rallycross section, makes me wish we had more autocross events in Mumbai. Sideways is Fun.

The SIARPC section was one of the best, but then nobody can compare with Slash and his stolen hat and his version of Jessica. Also when Kimi missed a gear on his lap and said 'oops', made me laugh.

Any news on Season 19? Though I wouldn't mind if they didn't make it, it does get a bit repetitive after 18 Seasons, but I think the last season for Top gear will go out with a bang, a proper good bye, and not like the last episode of season 18, so hoping for Season 19 rumors to start around September.
Old 14th March 2012, 00:10   #119
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic episode & one of the best seasons in recent times. Absolutely loved it, however I am also sad that the season is now over.
Old 14th March 2012, 01:18   #120
BHPian

Loved the part where Kimi himself is confused on his F1 car, Is it Lotus or a Renault cant hardly wait for the F1 2012 season to begin. Rally cross was awesome, Slash was a real treat, now the wait for the season 19 begins......

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks