Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2013, 13:39   #106
Senior - BHPian

re: Ferrari F150 "LaFerrari" - The Enzo Successor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatari View Post
To own a LaFerrari, I rephrase, to be eligible to own one, you must have owned 6 Ferraris previously including atleast 2 in the past 2 years.

As exclusive as it gets. Wow. It is TheFerrari
This is not true, one ferrari is also enough. They do a background check on the person and then allot a car if they find the person eligible enough to own the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
This may not come as a surprise for a few Bhpians, but I heard an Indian is getting one.

Yet to know if it goes to his Indian or UK garage.
Actually make it two Indians are getting the car. One to be in India and the other abroad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauder View Post
Apparently it is delayed to Q1 2014 as Ferrari is working on achieving the weight targets that it had proclaimed during the unveil.

http://biser3a.com/cars/ferrari-lafe...-with-the-car/

It would have been better for everyone if they had done some extensive testing before announcing the numbers instead of trying to outdo the competition.
Yes the car has been delayed and production is to begin in June or July 2014.

I think extensive testing was done but then they hit a snag and are now correcting it. Its better to delay the production rather then having to cover face after the cars were delivered.
speedy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2013, 22:43   #107
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Actually make it two Indians are getting the car. One to be in India and the other abroad.
So this journalist was not entirely incorrect when he had tweeted this back then! Hope the news is true. As & when if it arrives in India, its going to set a new record as far as price tag is concerned!
Name:  la.png
Views: 2744
Size:  38.1 KB
Old 20th August 2013, 11:45   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
So this journalist was not entirely incorrect when he had tweeted this back then! Hope the news is true. As & when if it arrives in India, its going to set a new record as far as price tag is concerned!
Attachment 1127060
Only one car is coming to India and there were only 3 inquiries for the car. The price before the dollar fluctuation was less but now if there is a rise then the price mentioned by Rohin would hold some what true.
Old 20th August 2013, 23:13   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Only one car is coming to India and there were only 3 inquiries for the car. The price before the dollar fluctuation was less but now if there is a rise then the price mentioned by Rohin would hold some what true.
Haha, feels funny to see someone talking about a Ferrari and saying price was less(I know what you meant!). Everything about these cars is phone numbers!

One LaFerrari coming to India? Wow, that will be the most exclusive car in India I guess. I remember only 2 Indians getting invites to Maranello to check it out when it was called the F150?
RSM and a certain other Wala IIRC. Is it one of them who are getting the LaFerrari? I doubt RSM because he said he had ordered a F12 on another forum. Wait, have I answered my own question?
Old 21st August 2013, 13:19   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
Haha, feels funny to see someone talking about a Ferrari and saying price was less(I know what you meant!). Everything about these cars is phone numbers!

One LaFerrari coming to India? Wow, that will be the most exclusive car in India I guess. I remember only 2 Indians getting invites to Maranello to check it out when it was called the F150?
RSM and a certain other Wala IIRC. Is it one of them who are getting the LaFerrari? I doubt RSM because he said he had ordered a F12 on another forum. Wait, have I answered my own question?
True..sounds funny..

Actually no one from India got an invite to see the La Ferrari, it was shown to them by the way. 5 people got the invites for the preview of the F12 but only RSM went for it. He has ordered the F12 and is awaiting delivery for the same. Two out of the 5 invitees have ordered the La Ferrari, one to be in India and the other Abroad.

Last edited by speedy : 21st August 2013 at 13:21.
Old 21st August 2013, 14:08   #111
Senior - BHPian

Saw the LaFerrari in Maranello. Looks awesome.

Ferrari F150 "LaFerrari" - The Enzo Successor!-dsc_8180.jpg
14000rpm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2013, 14:18   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14000rpm View Post

Attachment 1127533
Isnt this the prototype rendering scale model at the Factory museum?
Old 21st August 2013, 14:25   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14000rpm View Post
Was wondering why the ORVMs looked so different and only then saw this,

1:1 scale model developed in order to create the final LaFerrari design which shows work in progress.
Old 21st August 2013, 14:46   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Isnt this the prototype rendering scale model at the Factory museum?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
Was wondering why the ORVMs looked so different and only then saw this,

1:1 scale model developed in order to create the final LaFerrari design which shows work in progress.
Yes. it is the 1:1 scale model of the LaFerrari.

In fact there are 2 more iterations of the LaFerrari with different design theme.

the last one apparently is very good and they have kept it in secrecy for a future one-off special.

This is the final model. this too is a scale model. The real deal is not for public as yet.

Ferrari F150 "LaFerrari" - The Enzo Successor!-dsc_8234.jpg
14000rpm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2013, 16:22   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
True..sounds funny..

Actually no one from India got an invite to see the La Ferrari, it was shown to them by the way. 5 people got the invites for the preview of the F12 but only RSM went for it. He has ordered the F12 and is awaiting delivery for the same. Two out of the 5 invitees have ordered the La Ferrari, one to be in India and the other Abroad.
But RSM had this to say,
"I saw the car in the private preview too on the 29th... Just like to add that it was absolutely unreal... Also the new steering was 2cm smaller than the 458 with a new design. The air brake is in operation on breaking along with the active rear diffuser. I absolutely loved the rear... Got to mention that these timings spoken of are from test mules not on the actual car with all the clean flowing aero...so numbers are only going to be better. "

And Manish had posted pictures of the F150 project Preview that RSM had received. Or am I not understanding what you meant?

So sounds like of the 499 LaFerraris is headed to India. That will be a sight to behold!
Old 21st August 2013, 16:51   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Attachment 1127060
It is priced at ₤1 million, which makes it Rs. 20 crore for India!
Old 22nd August 2013, 12:07   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
But RSM had this to say,
"I saw the car in the private preview too on the 29th... Just like to add that it was absolutely unreal... Also the new steering was 2cm smaller than the 458 with a new design. The air brake is in operation on breaking along with the active rear diffuser. I absolutely loved the rear... Got to mention that these timings spoken of are from test mules not on the actual car with all the clean flowing aero...so numbers are only going to be better. "

And Manish had posted pictures of the F150 project Preview that RSM had received. Or am I not understanding what you meant?

So sounds like of the 499 LaFerraris is headed to India. That will be a sight to behold!
Sorry you got it right and i got it the other way round.. The F150 preview where they were shown the F12 as well.

It would be a sight for sure.

Quote:
It is priced at ₤1 million, which makes it Rs. 20 crore for India!
As per the owner with all options it is less then the figure you have mentioned for India. He was talking of landed in India without taxes and registration. Lets see what the cost turns up too with the increase in Dollar.
Old 22nd August 2013, 15:09   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As per the owner with all options it is less then the figure you have mentioned for India. He was talking of landed in India without taxes and registration. Lets see what the cost turns up too with the increase in Dollar.
IThat increases the final price further doesnt it.. taxes + registration should be 107%? which makes it Rs 25 crore
Old 23rd August 2013, 13:03   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
IThat increases the final price further doesnt it.. taxes + registration should be 107%? which makes it Rs 25 crore
Catch Duty at 170% + Registration say another 20% + insurance. He was talking in the 10 cr price landed before the dollar rise.

Last edited by speedy : 23rd August 2013 at 13:09.
Old 24th August 2013, 01:31   #120
Senior - BHPian

Even with 1 Dollar@ 50 INR, a 12,00,000 MSRP car with 0 options would have still cost near 15 crore on road even before duty hikes.

With the current duty structure and current exchange rates, this car if lands today with few options will surely cross 23 Cr on road in Mumbai and Bangalore.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks