Team-BHP - Gumball Rally Start Line London
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The International Automotive Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/)
-   -   Gumball Rally Start Line London (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/12852-gumball-rally-start-line-london-3.html)

Quote:

I have had the Gallardo since they were first out in dec 04 and it has done 5,000 miles.
U have Gallardo?? :Shockked: We never knew about this,man!

Quote:

I got the F430 last year April and it has done 17000 miles in a year.
17000 miles.Thats 27000 KMS!! My ford never does over 20000kms in a year.
U must be driving the F430 a LOT! clap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAD 130Y
Id put a £100,000 bet on the F430 on making it to LA and of course depends how good the driver is !!!!but with having both the cars i can tell you, lambo is not as reliable as the F430. I have had the Gallardo since they were first out in dec 04 and it has done 5,000 miles. I got the F430 last year April and it has done 17000 miles in a year. And not had any problems with it even once.
I heard that SLR is the new porsche this year too!!! The problem in london is there are way too many porsches and SL, and driving them about is not as special as it used to be . Need to be in an SLR,Enzo or Carrera Gt to really stand out!!! What do you say??

Quite true there are too many porsches and SL around run down on kings road or kensington high street and you wont look at a car twice cause there are so many around :p I laways preffered the SLR over the Enzo (i had no clue why) but after the Top Gear episode i completely put my feet on the Enzo.

BTW the update on Lambo and the Enzo ...
James 2 (Belgium & Belgrade)
Uno 2 (Channel tunnel & Serbian border)

the present score is 2:2 .... lets see who gets to finish line at the Beverly Hills Hilton first !

Following is a copy of the Bankers Check the winner recieves each one has put $100,000 in it !!!

My money would have been on the Lambo despite F430 being more reliable i vouch my trump card on James (Britisher) i think he is a better driver than Uno (Portugese). Anyways time shall decide ....

njoi,
ash

Hi all, the 2005 BMW d3 Evo is on its way back to the UK - "Couldnt be arsed with the 1100 mile drive, i am currently by the pool in Portugal. Back on Sunday, car back monday"

*** ???? why did u enter the competion anyway then ??

ash.

It just hurts inside to think wht their owners would have gone through! Can't stand o see these two amazing cars in this condition.....

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaPilot
Interesting Stuff!!! Sucks I never heard of Gumball before... I'll definately be closely following the happenings :) Thanks BAD 130Y & Ash_edged

By the way... the overdone decals spoil the look of these cars!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Foe most folks who dont know what gumball is. It was inspired by the movie Cannon Ball run and it is similar.
You start from a city and race to the next given check point on public road.Add a lot of speed to it and hot chicks and there you have it. GUMBALL3000.
Of course the police in the given country will try and see that the gumballers keep to thier speed limit but that never seems to happen, hence so many speeding tickets, acccidents and gumballers being chased at high speed by police. All in all pure adherlein.!!!

BTW guys why do they have this competetion?

Quote:

Originally Posted by naveendhyani
BTW guys why do they have this competetion?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This 'competion' was thought up by Max Millon who started doing gumballl back in 1999 with a few famous people from media and rich kids in london. From there it just grew to what it is now. ANd Gumball rally is now a calender event in Uk and huge.
If you got money and super car and can afford the £40,000 entry fee you are in. That buys you a little bit of ego that you raced in a gumabll rally, broken speed limits on the road ,raced with other supercars and the knoweldge that you have the abilty to drive about a 1000 miles a day and get to the finsh point againts a lot of odds - ie. police chasing you,other gumabllers sabotaging you getting to the check point and all in all a illegal race on public roads in a supercar againts other supercars.
Does that answer your question???

Hi people ! apologies to anyone if was following this thread the race finished some dyas back but i was in Edinburgh celebrating my mates 25th !

The Final Unofficial Results Leg wise are as follows :

Overall Europe Leg:
1st Alex Roy & Michael Ross (Team Polizei)
2nd Team NSX
3rd Pete

Overall Asian Leg:
1st Team Cotton (#58),2005 Porsche Turbo S

Overall US Leg:
1st Team Torquenstein (#48) & Team Polizei (#44)

Team Torquenstin (#48), Americans in 2004 Ford GT

Tied with Team Polizei (#44), 2003 Bentley Continental GT

Njoi,
ash

Official Results based on Race Timings, stops missed and check in, Team Spirit and ofcourse Crowd Popularity !!! Will be out on May 15 If you have any nominations please register them on Gumball 3000's Official Website !

Cheers,
ash.

P.S. : Coming up how Team Poliezi was sabotoged by competitive racers and desipte that came 1st in the US Leg !!

Yes thats exactly what i was looking for.
Alex is become so good at comming in tops and taking all that is thrown at him cos he has done so many gumball to date.
I hear the party at the play boy mansion was a blast!!!!
Next year im def doing gumball and i will have a camera installed in the car so that i can send live feed back everyday.
what did Max millon car come, did the 612 make it to the finsh line.

Ash you going to Monaco this year for the Gran Prix???

BAD 13OY i was so wanting to go but my finals finish on 29th and the last rally day iz the 28th may :Frustrati

but i do plan for british one at Silverstone from June 9 to 11 clap:

and definately not missing the British Motor Show (Back in London after 30 yrs) at Docklands in ExCeL from 20 to 30 july !

cheerz,
ash

Ok i will post you some pics from Monaco. im driving down with a couple of other cars this year. 2 F430,1 F360, Range Rover,murci and Saab. Keep you posted. If you going to the British motorshow let me know perhaps we can meet up there.
Ciao

Enjoy the drive,BAD130Y!!

Im jealous... you guys get to have all the fun.... what say nitrous we drive over to monaco too? You pick me up on the way yeah :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAD 130Y
Ok i will post you some pics from Monaco. im driving down with a couple of other cars this year. 2 F430,1 F360, Range Rover,murci and Saab. Keep you posted. If you going to the British motorshow let me know perhaps we can meet up there.
Ciao

I shall receive you in London with an appetite, only to be satisfied by a ride in an exotic. :)