Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2013, 17:50   #46
Team-BHP Support

Re: Skoda unveils updated Superb and Superb Combi in Europe

Looks nice overall, particularly the rear which looks MUCH better than the existing car. The changes are not that substantial though - clearly in line with a mid life facelift, and I hope they don't use the facelift as an excuse to hike prices.
Old 5th September 2013, 21:28   #47
Team-BHP Support

Carbuyer UK's review of the updated Superb. Looks quite nice and lean...

Old 5th September 2013, 21:46   #48
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nipcarlover View Post
but I can relate to what vb-san said. Even in the lower segments, people tend to prefer beige. When buying our i10, they were offering seat covers as a freebie, and I asked if they were available in Black, and they looked at me as if I was mad or something.
The common Indian car buyer loves beige because it is cheerful and gives the impression of space. As of now in India, it is only the slightly more evolved folks who are open to black, Navy or Grey interiors...
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2013, 08:51   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
As of now in India, it is only the slightly more evolved folks who are open to black, Navy or Grey interiors...
That seems prejudiced even if of the black kind. We beige lovers are no less evolved in the evolution chain, lolz. . Also light colours are more ideal for Indian weather conditions IMHO. A combination of beige/light dash with black carpets works best for India to keep the car cool as well as dust/smudge free. Call me old school but I love everything beige and chrome instead of black...

Last edited by dkaile : 6th September 2013 at 08:59.
Old 6th September 2013, 09:38   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
The common Indian car buyer loves beige because it is cheerful and gives the impression of space. As of now in India, it is only the slightly more evolved folks who are open to black, Navy or Grey interiors...
Not kind :-)

While some are evolved, most are plain lazy and want a car that doesn't show their poor upkeep. Think taxis abroad. It is not that Indians don't like dark colours, but just that we are not crazy about black. Other dark interiors like Brown is fairly popular. Most cars offer just beige or black, so people go for beige not because it is their favourite, but they just don't want black. Think about sofas and chairs in Indian homes and other establishments. You don't see beige as being that popular.
androdev is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2013, 11:57   #51
Senior - BHPian

Image/ rendering of the 2015 Skoda Superb (courtesy Autoexpress-UK):

Skoda unveils updated Superb and Superb Combi in Europe-sko_superb_render.jpg
Old 14th December 2013, 20:56   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP
Image/ rendering of the 2015 Skoda Superb (courtesy Autoexpress-UK):
This model looks better but sadly this version is nit making it to India . The facelift we receive is so boring and just a tweak here and there.
Old 14th December 2013, 21:02   #53
BHPian

Looks wise i would plonk my money on the current model. The front end has more character and is sharper looking. The rear is not all that bad too. Makes sense buying the current model at discounted prices
Red's is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2013, 14:26   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red's View Post
This model looks better but sadly this version is nit making it to India . The facelift we receive is so boring and just a tweak here and there.
That's the 2015 refersh, I guess we will get it around 2015 end or 2016 beginning.
Old 16th December 2013, 15:21   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP
That's the 2015 refersh, I guess we will get it around 2015 end or 2016 beginning.
I believe Skoda will launch a all new model maybe in 2016 etc in a new platform maybe. Since the facelift is coming next year i think it should stay for a min of 2 years.
Old 17th December 2013, 10:31   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile
I am sorry my friend for your harrowing experience, but the exception in this case is your experience and not mine. A car that consistently sells 200 units per month for years in the premium D2 segment cannot be that flawed as you are making it out to be. There have been failures of the DQ200 and they have been well documented on TeamBhp but I know at least 5 Superb owners in Meerut alone who are all enjoying their current steeds without issues. The upgraded cars post 2012 are mostly running with ZERO issues. The manual that I own is a gem of a unit and the 6-DSG on the diesel too is a consistent performer. Some past flaws like the air conditioning etc. have all been sorted out in the newer units and the AC now is a chiller and compares to my Fortuner. The past gremlins do haunt the Superb's reputation but in the end it's tremendous value proposition eventually appeals to the luxury car buyer and the consistent sales figures are testament to that.
Well said. I own a 2007 Laura and as of now apart from some minor problems i did not face any major ones till date. The car runs just fine even after missing a service !!!. Clearly the car u get depends on the luck and the roads you drive in. My friend owned a Laura in chennai and he had to change the compressor in his car 2 times since he operated the air con at the lowest level all the time. If we drive them properly i think these cars just do fine, but i do however see that the Japanesse and korean makes survive longer in Indian conditions.
Red's is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2014, 13:12   #57
BHPian

Skoda has been teasing the Superb in social media and a press drive had also been organised. The exterior of the facelift car is what we all had expected but there seems to be new alloys which look pretty good though i was expecting a slightly larger profile for the tyres. The automatic variant gets a 3 spoke steering wheel and the manual variant gets a 4 spoke wheel.
Old 14th January 2014, 17:36   #58
Senior - BHPian

Isn't the new Skoda Superb launching this month in India too? I have been told that journalists have been invited to drive from Mumbai to the Hilton Shillim at Lonavala. This is happening in 02 batches of 20 journalists each.
Old 15th January 2014, 08:38   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic
Isn't the new Skoda Superb launching this month in India too? I have been told that journalists have been invited to drive from Mumbai to the Hilton Shillim at Lonavala. This is happening in 02 batches of 20 journalists each.
Skoda has decided to officially launch the car at the Auto Expo where the prices will also be revealed. It makes sense to launch the car at the Expo which is not too far away. Detailed pics of the car are being uploaded on FB daily.
Old 15th January 2014, 21:17   #60
BHPian

Mod Note: The Skoda Superb Official Review has been uploaded at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the review thread. Thanks

Is the official Team Bhp review on the Superb coming anytime soon ?.

Last edited by GTO : 1st February 2014 at 17:24. Reason: Link to review
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks