Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2013, 13:47   #16
BHPian

I just hope you are right Karan. I'm buying my white Fortuner on Tuesday. I really hope there's no new models for the next decade.

Last edited by Technocrat : 14th June 2013 at 20:25. Reason: Removed Quotes, Please refrain from using acronyms for vehicles e.g. mention Fortuner instead of T-Fort, thanks
Old 14th June 2013, 17:51   #17
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2014 Toyota Fortuner coming up

Somehow the pictures give me a feel the dashboard has been lifted from the old generation Landcruiser.
Old 14th June 2013, 18:36   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbose View Post
Somehow the pictures give me a feel the dashboard has been lifted from the old generation Landcruiser.
This is just a news leak. Toyota Design Australia will work on the Design. (Probably they would not have even put pen to paper).

Since it is at least 2 years away, Not sure about the design, but by Trend, Old Gen Land cruiser might be a benchmark.

Previous Gen Toyota Sienna interiors were found in 1st Gen Innova.
Camry Interiors were found in 3rd Gen Innova and Corolla.

By the above trend, Fortuner might have the Land Cruiser Dash / Fascia.
scopriobharath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2013, 19:28   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
All new Fortuner will not be coming before 2016.

As per report: http://indianautosblog.com/2013/06/2...fortuner-81637
karan561 the article focuses more on Innova than on Fortuner. One more thing which is absolutely relevant to the introduction of All New Fortuner to the Indian market is it's entry to the Thai market. Our market is not independent of Thai market when it comes to Toyota Fortuner. When Toyota introduced 5-speed AT in Thai market it was soon followed by it's entry in our market, because Fortuner is a CKD and the kits are manufactured in Thailand.

From this perspective I am keenly following the developments in Thai market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameeracer View Post
I just hope you are right Karan. I'm buying my white t fort on Tuesday. I really hope there's no new models for the next decade.
I think you should stop thinking this way about buying cars or doing anything for that matter in life. I am not buying Fortuner for at least next six months because I don't have finances to buy outright, not because I am waiting for the new model. What if Toyota introduces the All new Fortuner in next two years, will you sell and buy the new one, or will you regret your decision for the next decade?

Stop this attitude dude and enjoy your new ride. I envy you because you are getting your hands on my favorite SUV earlier than I do Please accept my compliments.
Old 14th June 2013, 20:12   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mroptimist View Post

karan561 the article focuses more on Innova than on Fortuner. One more thing which is absolutely relevant to the introduction of All New Fortuner to the Indian market is it's entry to the Thai market. Our market is not independent of Thai market when it comes to Toyota Fortuner. When Toyota introduced

No worries mr optimist on procuring the beast. We all pray you to procure it soon. Like your name I'm also an optimist but bro if you it your money in a vehicle which may dramatically change Ina short period of time, then there is a point to wait. I hope these news are false as Fortuner trd sportivo became standard just this year.
Old 14th June 2013, 21:04   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I envy you because you are getting your hands on my favorite SUV earlier than I do Please accept my compliments
Agree with Mr.Optimist!

Also, I always liked the 'Classic' Fortuner look. I like the current LC'ish look of the new Fortuner. However, going by this trend, I am worried about the cues of what the next gen would look like(based on the 4Runner 2014, as well).

I would prefer the current Fortuner and am waiting eagerly for next 168 days to own one
Old 18th June 2013, 08:53   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
All new Fortuner will not be coming before 2016.

As per report: http://indianautosblog.com/2013/06/2...fortuner-81637

This is good news if true and should be true as Toyota India trends indicate a refresh every 10 years, with a facelift every five years.

The existing fortuners would loose market value if the new model is brought in immediately.

One point I understood after buying and selling cars is that if you're buying a car above 1.5M INR, you should think of selling it only after about five years and that too if you've driven it for about 35-50K kms. Else you'd loose value terribly.

Manufacturers have started the "bad habit" of introducing facelifts every now and then, making existing owners loose value. Its more severe with Honda, Skoda, Hyundai, who bring in a new model almost every year!
Old 18th June 2013, 09:34   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
- Ride quality/handling will be slightly difficult task to manage seeing its SUV stance.
Then, Toyota needs to take a leaf out of Mitsubishi's books & learn some tricks. While I have spent very little time with the Pajero Sports with respect to the Pajero SFX, the ride quality is pliant & handling is very reassuring.

Rear disc brakes are very important for a 2 tonne SUV. The SFX stops on a dime.
Old 18th June 2013, 09:39   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Then, Toyota needs to take a leaf out of Mitsubishi's books & learn some tricks.
What I meant was that a SUV can never give you a sedan's ride and handling. While I have driven in most SUVs, Pajero included, they are just marginally better or worse off, and the Fortuner is not much off the mark. For that matter I have felt the ride of our 'desi' Safari to even be slightly better than the Fortuner. When you drive a luxury sedan, that's a ride from another world. Nor should that be that expected from a SUV.

Last edited by dkaile : 18th June 2013 at 09:41.
Old 18th June 2013, 09:43   #25
Team-BHP Support

But then, I haven't come across any one cribbing about any traits of a Pajero SFX (save for its anemic engine) any where on the forum. In fact, after close to 60K on the SFX in less than 2 years, I don't have any complaints as well.

I just hope the issues highlighted by you are taken care of in the next iteration of the Fortuner to make it formidable (in my opinion).
Old 18th June 2013, 10:51   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbose View Post
This is good news if true and should be true as Toyota India trends indicate a refresh every 10 years, with a facelift every five years.

The existing fortuners would loose market value if the new model is brought in immediately.

More than that the Fortuner is doing good volumes for Toyota in its segment just like the Innova and the people are used to seeing the Fortuners & Innovas the way they are.
So Toyota would be in no hurry for a all new variant any time before 2 years from now though i am sure the work for the all new variant would have started and should be launched by 2016 max so that existing Fortuner owners like us can upgrade to the all new variant
Old 19th June 2013, 12:59   #27
BHPian

Quote:

More than that the Fortuner is doing good
Well folks I never waited. I went ahead and got hold of my Fortuner. The company dissuaded me on the pretext that the vehicle will be launched as a special edition soon. I just told them I'm buying the Fortuner for the sheer pleasure of driving it and would be happy just the way it is and it's pretty amazing even if some of us don't agree with the interiors. The music system and the overall layout in the new vehicle is pretty cool. What more do you expect from an SUV.
Attached Thumbnails
2014 Toyota Fortuner coming up-image83643556.jpg  

sameeracer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th June 2013, 21:01   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameeracer View Post
Well folks I never waited. I went ahead and got hold of my Fortuner. The company dissuaded me on the pretext that the vehicle will be launched as a special edition soon. I just told them I'm buying the Fortuner for the sheer pleasure of driving it and would be happy just the way it is and it's pretty amazing even if some of us don't agree with the interiors. The music system and the overall layout in the new vehicle is pretty cool. What more do you expect from an SUV.
Congrats sameeracer for your acquisition of the beast.

Which company dissuaded you from buying Fortuner? Are you referring to the local Toyota Dealership? Any other info you got about this "limited edition" from them?

By the way which transmission you bought, is it 4x4?

Please start an ownership thread as this would help other prospective buyers.

Thanks.
Old 14th July 2013, 17:56   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mroptimist View Post

Congrats sameeracer for your acquisition of the beast.

Which company dissuaded you from buying Fortuner? Are you referring to the local Toyota Dealership? Any other info you got about this "limited edition" from them?

By the way which transmission you bought, is it 4x4?

Please start an ownership thread as this would help other prospective buyers.

Thanks.
Hi I have written all about my buying experience under super smart brute which is still under moderation. Well friend I bought the top end version 4x4 in white colour. Ill post a pic of it here. The manager at sunny Toyota said that a new variant is coming as a special edition ith 4x4 automatic and maybe a sun roof. This version will be launched near Diwali. I said let's see at the moment I think this Fortuner is great.
Attached Thumbnails
2014 Toyota Fortuner coming up-image1061162036.jpg  

2014 Toyota Fortuner coming up-image4018595532.jpg  

sameeracer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th July 2013, 20:43   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
a new variant is coming as a special edition ith 4x4 automatic and maybe a sun roof
Hi Sameeracer,

That is good information. Finally looks like the 4X4 in AT form is headed to India. Might be a good consideration(though will prefer a manual 4X4 any day!) and need to see the price difference?

Congratulations on your super brute ride and white looks awesome on Fortuner.

Looking forward to reading your ownership thread soon.

Happy Motoring!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks