Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2013, 20:33   #1
Senior - BHPian

2014 Toyota Fortuner coming up

http://toyota-dealer.org/toyota-fort...or-change.html

http://www.carsreviews2014.com/2014-toyota-fortuner/

Quote:
Toyota Fortuner 2014 and Toyota Hilux Vigo 2014 - expected to be released late 2013 - promise to be the much expected overhaul of the IMV product range. Engineers of Toyota Australia have now been brought on board to bring their expertise in re-design. Toyota Technical Centre Australia (TTCAu) will responsible for development of the all-new SUV from the point where the project diverges from the HiLux on which it is based. Toyota Australia engineers will also lead chassis tuning of the HiLux.
Fortuner Fans can expect a cosmetic updated Fortuner by Late 2013 or early 2014. Fortuner might be designed in Australia. Expect the Fortuner to be in similar lines as the 2014 Hilux.
scopriobharath is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st June 2013, 11:44   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: 2014 Toyota Fortuner coming up

Changed the thread title. This isn't a facelift, it'll be the all-new Fortuner.

The current gen has been around since 2004 - 2005 and has had a surprisingly long shelf life by Japanese standards. The Toyota Camry sees an all-new generation every 4 - 5 years. It's a problem with the Asian markets which aren't as demanding / competitive as the North American or European regions.

Wishlist on the new Fortuner:

1. Superb brakes
2. Compliant ride quality
3. Interiors that are two steps above the Innova
4. Enhanced luxury / features
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st June 2013, 13:06   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

1. Superb brakes
Very pertinent demands! But then what happens to the Landcruiser Prado which just about fulfills these demands?Adding to your list

Adding to your list -

- Brakes should definitely get a all disc setup.
- Ride quality/handling will be slightly difficult task to manage seeing its SUV stance.
- Better interiors/features/luxury will be most welcome. Leave aside the other Germans, when Skoda can do this at a pretty decent price point, what's stopping Toyota?
- Better paint quality is needed.
- Front parking sensors/display along with the existing rear ones.
- More decent/car like gear lever.
- At least 6 Airbags. The current 2 airbag setup is pathetic for a vehicle of this class.
- Better ICE with navigation

Rest, and most importantly, a sub 20L price tag. It's just too exorbitant now. If only I had a penny for my every wish... lol

Last edited by dkaile : 1st June 2013 at 13:14.
dkaile is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 1st June 2013, 15:04   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

At last they come, the next gen IMV platform.
The Fortuner may not change much regarding it's positioning and all i guess, but there will still be some improvement.
Ditto for the Hilux which just can't afford to be priced more, but have to improve significantly to combat with the Rangers and Amoraks, still will succeed in the middle east without much work.
IMHO, it's the Innova that's gonna change the most. Toyota's trying hard to make it more upmarket ( by pricing and marketing i mean) and guess 5 years down the line it will be in the Fortuner price bracket.
Hope Toyota comes up with an MUV for the sub 10 lac market. An Avanza with the 1.4 d-4d fitted with VGT will just be fine at the pricing when Innova was first launched; 7-10lacs .
Can't hope more from Toyota and they really have to get rid of the excuse 'we are busy with Etios' when asked about new launches. And nothing remotely related to an MPV on Etios platform has been spotted, so Avanza is their best bet.
DicKy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2013, 16:07   #5
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Adding to your list -

- Brakes should definitely get a all disc setup.
- Ride quality/handling will be slightly difficult task to manage seeing its SUV stance.
- Better interiors/features/luxury will be most welcome. Leave aside the other Germans, when Skoda can do this at a pretty decent price point, what's stopping Toyota?
- Better paint quality is needed.
- Front parking sensors/display along with the existing rear ones.
- More decent/car like gear lever.
- At least 6 Airbags. The current 2 airbag setup is pathetic for a vehicle of this class.
- Better ICE with navigation

Rest, and most importantly, a sub 20L price tag. It's just too exorbitant now. If only I had a penny for my every wish... lol
I would add VSC (ESP) as well. It should a standard feature in these big SUVs.

Looks like both the biggies (Fortuner and Endeavour) will get an update in 2014
vb-saan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st June 2013, 16:10   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Changed the thread title. This isn't a facelift, it'll be the all-new Fortuner.

The current gen has been around since 2004 - 2005 and has had a surprisingly long shelf life by Japanese standards. The Toyota Camry sees an all-new generation every 4 - 5 years. It's a problem with the Asian markets which aren't as demanding / competitive as the North American or European regions.

1. Superb brakes
This is a good list & covers my desires of the next version almost completely, I will add my own:

-Reduce price by another L.
-Make the front end butch again & the rear lamps less Fast and the Furious 1.
-Sunroof

I will be very satisfied if your list and mine are met : ).
Maky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2013, 22:42   #7
Senior - BHPian

attaching some picture of Toyota HILUX 2014, which would bear resemblance with the New Fortuner. This is only for the front / fascia looks. Please ignore the body style as Hilux is a pickup

If this news item is correct, I am not happy as the Front looks more innova-ish now. It looks like the current gen innova with a steeper hood.

Copyright / Credits: http://reviewcar2014.com/2014-toyota-hilux/

2014 Toyota Fortuner coming up-2014toyotahiluxfront.jpg

2014 Toyota Fortuner coming up-2014toyotahiluxfront2.jpg
scopriobharath is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st June 2013, 23:02   #8
Senior - BHPian

Well, that sounds like music to my ears.

I need to replace my 2010 Hilux which has done 175,000kms and need a new look Fortuner for my wife.

Current Hilux is doing good, but the all new Tall and Bigger Ford Ranger has been launched and so is VW Amarok.

If the new fortuner is too radical, looking at the new RAV4, I will go for the current shape fortuner.

2014 RAV4 has come out with the Toyota family face, headlights now similar to the camry.

@ Toyota, please don't make the Fortuner too radical!
Parm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2013, 19:53   #9
Senior - BHPian

Must say a rather delightful thread !

Well here goes my list for Santa:
- Although mentioned by dkaile earlier - I must emphasise that paint quality has to, has to, improve ! The looks are fine but the toughness/durability has to go up several notches.
- The thickness or quality of the steel plates have to go up. Currenty quite prone to dents. If increasing the thickness is an issue then some innovative shaping/banding to increase the strength would be of great help.
- Improve the quality of beading, please !
- I am sure they'll look at all wheel disc brakes. But the hope here is that they design the rear disc brakes in such a way that they can be retro-fitted on to the older Fortuners. Like the brake boosters and earlier change/upgrade of larger front discs for the 2009/10 Fortuners.
- Would front and rear differential as an option be asking for too much ? TKML should make it available as an option - for it to be specifically installed at the factory and shipped. And retro-fitted on to older Fortuners.

What more can one ask for ? Nothing really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
I would add VSC (ESP) as well. It should a standard feature in these big SUVs.

Looks like both the biggies (Fortuner and Endeavour) will get an update in 2014
vb-san, The 2012 Fortuner has the VSC in the 4X4 version.

Last edited by Guderian : 2nd June 2013 at 20:02.
Guderian is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2013, 20:48   #10
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian View Post
vb-san, The 2012 Fortuner has the VSC in the 4X4 version.
Hi Guderian, long time!

Yes, I do know that VSC is available with the 4x4 MT. What I mentioned is to have it standard across the range.
Old 2nd June 2013, 20:56   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Hi Guderian, long time!

Yes, I do know that VSC is available with the 4x4 MT. What I mentioned is to have it standard across the range.
Hey vb-san,
Long time indeed !
Oh OK...got misled by your use of the term - big SUVs. To my mind without a 4X4 nothing's a SUV (wink, wink) !
Guderian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th June 2013, 20:53   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian View Post

Hey vb-san,
Long time indeed !
Oh OK...got misled by your use of the term - big SUVs. To my mind without a 4X4 nothing's a SUV (wink, wink) !
I don't think team Australia is going to revamp the Fortuner. As per guys at Toyota the Fortuner could dawn a sunroof and a four speed automatic. In Australia the Fortuner is not sold. India could see more vehicles like the avanza and the rav4. I'm buying a Fortuner soon inspite of these rumors. The vehicle in its engine category is the best money can buy. My thoughts on the hatchbacks of BMW , Mercedes and Audi are that they just are for brand sake only. In case you want to buy a real SUV buy a Fortuner.
Old 4th June 2013, 21:54   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameeracer View Post
I don't think team Australia is going to revamp the Fortuner. As per guys at Toyota the Fortuner could dawn a sunroof and a four speed automatic. In Australia the Fortuner is not sold. India could see more vehicles like the avanza and the rav4. I'm buying a Fortuner soon inspite of these rumors. The vehicle in its engine category is the best money can buy. My thoughts on the hatchbacks of BMW , Mercedes and Audi are that they just are for brand sake only. In case you want to buy a real SUV buy a Fortuner.
Welcome to Team-BHP.

Who cares what you or I think?

Dealership guys are the most ignorant lot, period.

Forget whether 2014 Fortuner will be designed by Toyota Technical Centre Australia or not, the current one is definitely designed by them. Here is the relevant links.

Link

Link

Whether some car is sold in a particular market or not has nothing to do with development of that car. Toyota Technical Centre Australia (TTCAu) has shown their expertise in developing Hilux, Innova and Fortuner and as per reliable reports future Fortuner (late 2013/2014) is also going to be designed by them.

Waiting for a model is purely a personal thing.

Last edited by Rehaan : 13th March 2020 at 11:33. Reason: Old post, but editing it to fix a small problem with mobile page formatting :)
Old 6th June 2013, 17:40   #14
BHPian

Attaching a few pics of some Toyota interiors. They are very cool SUV like. If the Fortuner is spruced it will be minimum this level. Please note that most vehicles here are also expensive.
Attached Thumbnails
2014 Toyota Fortuner coming up-image2306822664.jpg  

2014 Toyota Fortuner coming up-image1381629726.jpg  

2014 Toyota Fortuner coming up-image636684304.jpg  

Last edited by GTO : 11th June 2013 at 13:50. Reason: Removing broken quote tag
sameeracer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th June 2013, 16:49   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

All new Fortuner will not be coming before 2016.

As per report: http://indianautosblog.com/2013/06/2...fortuner-81637
karan561 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks