Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2017, 09:43   #76
BHPian

Re: Bugatti Chiron - successor to the Veyron

Just posting an article on the technical marvel and how they managed to achieve this feat. Do read through and you will be more and more intrigued about the car on the whole

http://jalopnik.com/the-incredible-t...orl-1761998342
Old 15th September 2017, 00:13   #77
BHPian

Bugatti Chiron - successor to the Veyron

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
I'm curios to know where the camera was placed for that front shot ? Can't be another car going faster in front, not sure if it was a camera moving in a high speed rail or was it a drone mounted one ? whatever it was, it was accelerating as fast as the Chiron then ?

It's a Koenigsigg Agera R []

Jokes aside, it has to be a rail mounted camera track side but curious if a rail mounted camera can keep up with this beast.

Last edited by drhoneycake : 15th September 2017 at 00:15.
Old 15th September 2017, 00:30   #78
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
I'm curios to know where the camera was placed for that front shot ? Can't be another car going faster in front, not sure if it was a camera moving in a high speed rail or was it a drone mounted one ? whatever it was, it was accelerating as fast as the Chiron then ?
I saw another video on youtube that ended the controversy. Bugatti used another Chiron as the camera car to film the car behind doing 400kmph.
Old 15th September 2017, 09:11   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
I saw another video on Youtube that ended the controversy. Bugatti used another Chiron as the camera car to film the car behind doing 400kmph.
Not sure why it isnt visible when there is a cockpit view being shown in the same video? Also its surprising to see that both cars are accelerating at the same pace. I mean, I mean since both are driver driven, there would be some asynchronous acceleration. Can you post that video here?

EDIT - saw the video again closely. Dont see a rail mounted camera either :P

Last edited by centaur : 15th September 2017 at 09:16.
Old 9th December 2017, 13:21   #80
Senior - BHPian

45 units of the Bugatti Chiron have been recalled for faulty front seat recliner brackets.

Quote:
Bugatti has announced a recall of 47 examples of the 1,500 hp Chiron hypercar, 12 of which reside in the United States.

In what is just the latest example of high-priced exotics not being immune to recalls, Bugatti recently informed the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) that a number of Chirons have faulty welds in the front seat recliner brackets.

The French automaker says it has notified all the affected owners and will transport each Chiron via enclosed truck to the most convenient Bugatti dealerships for inspections. If inspections reveal a faulty weld, Bugatti will replace the entire seating assembly.

Although deliveries of the Chiron commenced quite some time ago, the road is far from over for the car. Bugatti is widely expected to announce the Chiron’s top speed sometime in 2018 but it remains to be seen if it will top the 277.9 mph top speed record recently set by the Koenigsegg Agera RS
Source:Carscoops
Old 9th December 2017, 14:35   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by centaur View Post
Not sure why it isnt visible when there is a cockpit view being shown in the same video? Also its surprising to see that both cars are accelerating at the same pace. I mean, I mean since both are driver driven, there would be some asynchronous acceleration. Can you post that video here?

EDIT - saw the video again closely. Dont see a rail mounted camera either :P
It's not required that all the visuals in the final video are from the same run. It's quite possible that they have done multiple 0-400-0 runs and the record claimed is from the best run, but visuals are from different runs.
Old 11th December 2017, 09:35   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
It's not required that all the visuals in the final video are from the same run. It's quite possible that they have done multiple 0-400-0 runs and the record claimed is from the best run, but visuals are from different runs.
Possible but the question still remains on how was the video from outside shot? The car is in the second lane of a 3 lane road in both the videos irrespective of which run it was. So was it another car in the first lane or something else?
Old 11th December 2017, 13:27   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by centaur View Post
Possible but the question still remains on how was the video from outside shot? The car is in the second lane of a 3 lane road in both the videos irrespective of which run it was. So was it another car in the first lane or something else?
Yes, it's possible that another Chiron used for filming (I haven't seen the video showing a second car). Sure, the speed display on screen shows 0-350+kmph, but was the car actually moving at that speed in those visuals? Who knows?
Old 11th December 2017, 20:37   #84
Senior - BHPian

Source: our beloved PowerDrift

First Chiron ordered in US sold at RM Sotherby’s ICONS auction for staggering price i.e. $3,772,500 (INR 24.3 crores) - damn man! People with big heart, porch and a big damn hefty load in the bank account!
Attached Thumbnails
Bugatti Chiron - successor to the Veyron-b85d8d64896a42258ce7046d42530e6d.jpeg  

Bugatti Chiron - successor to the Veyron-fcbf7c7223134f8f9e0f78462d9a4f24.jpeg  

gururajrv is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th May 2018, 07:39   #85
BHPian

100th Bugatti Chiron Delivered.

Bugatti Chiron - successor to the Veyron-bugattichiron100thmodel_625x300_1527075651483.jpg

.. 400 more to go!

Only 500 Chirons will be produced in total.
Flyer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st May 2018, 21:15   #86
BHPian

I do not think i would find a more interesting video today than this.

Henry Catchpole alone could make you fall in love with a car with his words, but then you see the Grand Master of speed Andy Wallace lovingly describing the smallest details of Chiron and you just get entranced by this video.

This one gets added to one of my favourites along with Henry's fanboying on the Mclaren F1 that i had shared earlier.

Must watch ladies and Gentlemen!
rohitoasis is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2018, 15:56   #87
Senior - BHPian

I think I have LOST it now:
https://drivetribe.com/p/check-out-t...SB-CLo0ZNdru-A
Bugatti Chiron - successor to the Veyron-cniuxgixrbmrwo7uekc6g.jpg

Rgds.

Last edited by ariesonu : 17th October 2018 at 15:57. Reason: Adding credit link
ariesonu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2018, 11:42   #88
BHPian

Came across an interesting read on top gear -

Target 300mph- Bugatti Chiron vs Hennessey Venom F5

They speak about breaking the 300 mph speed barrier with John Hennessey, who is the founder of Hennessey, ofcourse and Wolfgang Dürheimer, the outgoing CEO for Bugatti.

A few excerpts from the article-

From Wolfgang Dürheimer
Quote:
at that speed you have a stress load on the tyres, especially on the surface, that is immense. Once again, we are working with Michelin – I think we are their most challenging tyre-development partner – but in the whole of Europe, we did not find a test bench to cope in terms of durability and high-speed capability.

Quote:
To go fast, you need the power of the engine to break the barrier and to compensate for the aero drag you build up – it’s like moving a bookshelf through the air.
Quote:
we realised when we went at very high speeds for a longer period of time the single-beam lightbar and carbon-fibre parts at the rear started melting due to the extraordinary exhaust heat – approximately 1,000 degrees Celcius when it comes out of the pipes.
Quote:
Is 300mph a possibility for the Chiron?

No, I don’t think that’s a possibility for the Chiron in its existing shape and pattern.
From John Hennessey

Quote:
First, there’s the consideration of tyres, but I’m not too worried about that because I’ve got a car that weighs less than 1,400kg, so I’m not working the tyres as hard. So, for me, aero is most significant. When we ran 270mph in the Venom GT, the drag factor was 0.44Cd – like a small pickup truck.
Quote:
My youngest son said why not put four turbos on it? Well, we can, but it’s a little more complicated, and I like simplicity
Quote:
The calculations say about 1,530–1,550bhp is needed to do 300mph. I’d like to cover that with a little extra. And with the [Koenigsegg] Regera and [Bugatti] Chiron both about 1,500bhp, I’d like to have a little more.

Quote:
I don’t want to be the fastest at the Nürburgring; I just want to be the absolute fastest. That’s what matters to me and my clients. So there’s the Chiron and I expect McLaren’s BP23 will go fast too, but I don’t want to run with those guys, I want to crush them. To be the fastest, period.
And there's a small bit from Christian von Koenigsegg for Koenigsegg as well-

Quote:
Having said that, the Agera RS, with the one-megawatt upgrade will reach 270mph or something like that.
Old 29th November 2020, 19:20   #89
Senior - BHPian

New special edition Bugatti Chiron revealed. Named 'Les Légendes du Ciel' (legends of the sky), the special edition is limited to just 20 examples, with each costing €2.88 million (about Rs 25.34 crore). Production is set to get under way before the end of 2020.

Bugatti Chiron - successor to the Veyron-20201129_191325.jpg

Bugatti Chiron - successor to the Veyron-20201129_191327.jpg

Bugatti Chiron - successor to the Veyron-20201129_191329.jpg

Bugatti Chiron - successor to the Veyron-20201129_191331.jpg

Bugatti Chiron - successor to the Veyron-20201126054346_bugattichironleslegendesduciel004.jpg

Special edition Chiron pays homage to erstwhile Bugatti race car drivers. Limited-run hypercar sports aviation-themed design. Featuring a 1,500hp W16 engine, special edition Bugatti gets no mechanical changes.

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...evealed-419281
Venkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2021, 13:15   #90
Senior - BHPian

Bugatti Assembles 300th Chiron Pur Sport. Out of 500 Limited Edition Chiron only 60 Chiron Pur Sport will be built.

Quote:
A Bugatti enthusiast configured the 300th Chiron very individually down to the smallest detail. He chose "Nocturne" as the dominant paintwork color on his Chiron Pur Sport.
Quote:
For the interior, the Bugatti client chose the Pur Sport Interior Package in subdued "Beluga Black" for the leather and Alcantara with contrasting seams in "Gris Rafale"
Quote:
“Bugatti stands for the most extraordinary, most powerful and most elegant hyper sports cars in the world. With the now 300th vehicle produced, we are again showing our competence in quality and customization,” says Stephan Winkelmann, President of Bugatti.
Bugatti Chiron - successor to the Veyron-2021bugattichironfront.jpg

Bugatti Chiron - successor to the Veyron-2021bugattichironfront-1.jpg

Bugatti Chiron - successor to the Veyron-2021bugattichironfront-2.jpg

Bugatti Chiron - successor to the Veyron-2021bugattichironback.jpg

Bugatti Chiron - successor to the Veyron-2021bugattichironback-1.jpg

Bugatti Chiron - successor to the Veyron-2021bugattichironsteeringwheel.jpg

Bugatti Chiron - successor to the Veyron-2021bugattichironinterior.jpg

Source
Venkatesh is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks