Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2006, 21:11   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R32_GTR
All of them (the 32, 33, 34 GTR's did the ring in under 8 mins)....

The 33 being the slowest of the lot due to the excess weight..
Show me proof..you are living in the lala land if you think so..

you really havent seen cars which do it in the under 8 min mark...

GTRs that have, were highly modified factory monsters and not what you and I got..

I think the new one looks the hottest and I cant wait to get it...as for the lancer, aahh I dont care for lancers and imprezas one bit..

the fastest being the Z-tune in 7:52 and you should know a Z tune will run circles around a regular GTR

Last edited by 1Day : 3rd August 2006 at 21:13.
Old 4th August 2006, 04:47   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Day
Show me proof..you are living in the lala land if you think so..

you really havent seen cars which do it in the under 8 min mark...

GTRs that have, were highly modified factory monsters and not what you and I got..

I think the new one looks the hottest and I cant wait to get it...as for the lancer, aahh I dont care for lancers and imprezas one bit..

the fastest being the Z-tune in 7:52 and you should know a Z tune will run circles around a regular GTR
Incase you didn't know living in the states where you lot are not privilaged enough to see many GTR's...bad luck.

We have members from Skyline groups in Australia (lala land if you must) going to the ring to beat the 8 minute mark.....and have beaten them time and again....there are heaps GTR's here that would put the Z tune to shame and are daily street drivers...not track day ones.

The concept of having a stock GTR's does not exist even in lala land...they HAVE to be tampered with....There are things that need to be added to extend the life and certain flaws in the OE parts.

and as for proof.....use google....(throw the word Australia in there some where) or log on to www.sau.com.au

this one is the ugliest of the lot...honestly no one here likes it!!

I DO NOT WANT TO ARGUE ON THIS ANYMORE.....

Last edited by R32_GTR : 4th August 2006 at 05:00.
Old 4th August 2006, 06:28   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R32_GTR
Incase you didn't know living in the states where you lot are not privilaged enough to see many GTR's...bad luck.

We have members from Skyline groups in Australia (lala land if you must) going to the ring to beat the 8 minute mark.....and have beaten them time and again....there are heaps GTR's here that would put the Z tune to shame and are daily street drivers...not track day ones.

The concept of having a stock GTR's does not exist even in lala land...they HAVE to be tampered with....There are things that need to be added to extend the life and certain flaws in the OE parts.

and as for proof.....use google....(throw the word Australia in there some where) or log on to www.sau.com.au

this one is the ugliest of the lot...honestly no one here likes it!!

I DO NOT WANT TO ARGUE ON THIS ANYMORE.....

Come on man when you want to talk cars we talk stock, its the stupidest thing to compare modded cars, i mean a guy could mod the **** out of a civic to go around those GTRs as well, thats y modded cars shouldnt ever be discussed, cuz what you think you could do someone else could top....show me stock cars breaking the 8 min mark and guys going to break the 8 min mark, you have to be serious man..it takes pros to do that..not some avg joe no matter how much exp that person have..I know people who have 700rwhp cars and have clocked more than 1000 laps on the ring and tell me how hard it is to touch that 8 min mark...so stock for stock GTR is not in the 8 min mark, only the new one would be..

Last edited by 1Day : 4th August 2006 at 06:36.
Old 5th August 2006, 09:07   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Day
..I know people who have 700rwhp cars and have clocked more than 1000 laps on the ring and tell me how hard it is to touch that 8 min mark...so stock for stock GTR is not in the 8 min mark, only the new one would be..
THERE YOU GO..

R33 (its stock - less than 300hp - don't know what your mates are driving with 700hp at the rear wheels mate...)

The stock R34 is the fastest of the lot...then the R32...and finally the R33

I don't know if you call slicks, strut braces etc as mods...

The N1's, The V-spec and the V-spec II are all lightened by the factory itself and are STOCK....There are lots of varients in the Skyline range.....

they are not all just GTR's.....there's GT's, GT4's, GTS's, GTT's, GTST's and the GTR sits at the other end...then there are varients in GTR's as well....

And every single GTR has set an unofficial "under 8 minute" lap time for a production car....

Don't know if this new bubble shapped GTR can do better......

Last edited by R32_GTR : 5th August 2006 at 09:11.
Old 6th October 2006, 14:01   #20
Team-BHP Support

Spy pics of new lancer.

guys check out these spy pics on the new lancer. the car looks stunning according to me.

http://www.worldcarfans.com/spyphoto...subishi-lancer

Source: www.worldcarfans.com
Old 6th October 2006, 23:10   #21
Senior - BHPian

The renderings make it look to much like the current generation UK Accord from the rear, the current generation Volvo S40 from the side and a current generation Ford Fiesta from the front! Eyowch!
Old 13th October 2006, 00:19   #22
BHPian

[COLOR=#111111]
[/COLOR][COLOR=#9f0002]http://www.worldcarfans.com/spyphotos.cfm/country/jcf/spyphotoID/6061010.003/nissan/spy-photos-nissan-skyline-gt-r[/COLOR]

here are the first pics of the car with hiddings.In the past we had seen many times test mules with G35 or SKYLINE body.This time we can see that the GTR Proto and the production car are very similar.When Chief Designer told that the proto was at 90 % the production car we can believe him.First model of the Japanese supercars wave.Look on some pics there is the Porsche 911 Turbo I think they use the Prosche to compare and to see which one is the best.
Old 14th November 2006, 00:01   #23
Senior - BHPian

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer

Mitsubishi announced today that its all-new Lancer, perhaps the most important product in its ninety year history, will debut at the 2007 North American International Auto Show in Detroit come January.

It will be launched in the spring starting with the North American market. It's global engine lineup will range from a 1.5-liter base engine for Europe to the Lancer EVO's powerful turbo four. Europe will also get a diesel engine and the release seems to imply a Ralliart model may get a detuned version of the EVO's 2.0-liter turbo

Source autoblog.com
& mitsubishi

Ps:
For Larger pics
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/iipcache/45943.jpg
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/iipcache/45944.jpg

oops did not realise another thread already existed ,mods kindly merge thread with
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intern...?highlight=evo

Last edited by rahul_intlad : 14th November 2006 at 00:12.
Old 14th November 2006, 00:30   #24
Senior - BHPian

Note from Moderator: THREADS MERGED
Old 12th December 2006, 11:36   #25
Senior - BHPian

Official Specs from Mitsubishi

The new Lancer is larger than the current model, with an overall length of 4570 mm (35 mm longer), overall width of 1760 mm (65 mm wider), overall height of 1490 mm (60 mm taller) and wheelbase of 2635 mm (35 mm longer).
The engine for the American market version will be from a new family of engines by Global Engine Manufacturing Alliance, a joint venture between Mitsubishi, DaimlerChrysler and Hyundai. The new 4B11 engine, also used in the new Dodge Caliber, is a 2.0 liter DOHC 16 valve engine with MIVEC variable valve timing, making 152hp, mated to a 5-speed manual transmission. There is also an optional CVT transmission with a 6-speed virtual gear mode called Sportronic(R). Cogs can be swapped via magnesium paddle shifters on the steering wheel.
The European version will come with 5 engine options, including a 140hp 2.0 liter common rail turbodiesel from Volkswagen AG. The performance Evo version is not out yet, but it’s expected to be powered by a 4B11T 2.0 liter MIVEC Turbo making over 300 horses equipped with a dual-clutch gearbox. Dodge used a different approach with it’s Caliber SRT-4, turbocharging the 4B12 2.4 liter instead. Rumours are that the Lancer Ralliart is also expected to come with a turbocharged engine, detuned to position it between the 2.0 MIVEC and the Evo’s 2.0 MIVEC Turbo, or it might just use the 172hp 2.4 liter 4B12, up from the current Ralliart’s 2.4 liter 4G69 SOHC making 160hp.

Source and more pics here:
Paultan.org
Old 12th December 2006, 12:40   #26
BHPian

The Car looks good and as you said is big to But Hm will not be able to sell iti n numbers even if launched in india Mitsubishi should do something about it
Old 12th December 2006, 13:08   #27
BHPian

you can clearly see from the video to what they are aiming at after the 911 turbo dethroned r34 from the nurnberg and really doubt any of the two cars are coming here because of the huge price tag.
regarding the design i would take this over the both
Old 12th December 2006, 16:16   #28
Senior - BHPian

Here's another vid of the Sklynie at the Nurburgring.

Shan2nu
Old 12th December 2006, 17:09   #29
BHPian

The Lancer and the erstwhile Skyline in a new avatar......good news for all speed freaks........
Old 18th December 2006, 09:24   #30
Team-BHP Support

Something interesting. have a look at the tail lights and overall shape of the 2 cars.

DesktopMachine.com

DesktopMachine.com

DesktopMachine.com

New 2007 Mitsubishi Lancer specs and photos

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks