Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2007, 11:33   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
when is it gonna be launched , is is really 2009 as mentioned in the link posted by R32_GTR (who had a R32_GTR) and is a little incomplete now without her.
Oyee.....Still have a RB26 though. just need a nice chassis to plonk it in though. All in good time mate.
Old 1st November 2007, 14:39   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R32_GTR View Post
Oyee.....Still have a RB26 though. just need a nice chassis to plonk it in though. All in good time mate.
plonking in the 26 in some nice chassis is no big deal but how will you manage those lovely gforces of braking, steering, awd, suspension.

WITHOUT these addons ur 26 on some other chassis will just be spinning and burning tyres.

do let me know how u intend to send the power to the wheels with a launch at par with the sky______!!!!
Old 1st November 2007, 15:57   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr Godzilla View Post
plonking in the 26 in some nice chassis is no big deal but how will you manage those lovely gforces of braking, steering, awd, suspension.

WITHOUT these addons ur 26 on some other chassis will just be spinning and burning tyres.

do let me know how u intend to send the power to the wheels with a launch at par with the sky______!!!!
Will let you know when the project is over Junior...
Old 2nd November 2007, 21:07   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Will let you know when the project is over Junior...
Are you intending to plonk the RB26 in a car in India. I am very curious as you bought the GTO and R32 in Australia. Sold both. In India you were working with some tuner on a project. So more curiosity !!!
Old 3rd November 2007, 02:14   #65

The skyline rules and there is a newz that the skyline will be in production next year and modified differently.
Old 3rd November 2007, 06:32   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilslasher View Post
The skyline rules and there is a newz that the skyline will be in production next year and modified differently.
could you please disclose the source ?
Old 18th November 2007, 12:11   #67
BHPian

SUPERCARS.NET - Comprehensive Specifications, Galleries & Forums since 1996

The figures don't seize to impress..check out the 1/4 mile time..

BUTTTT..I'm not as exited as i thought i would be..feels more and more like a modded G35 coupe.
Old 18th November 2007, 13:18   #68
BHPian

Quote:
SUPERCARS.NET - Comprehensive Specifications, Galleries & Forums since 1996

The figures don't seize to impress..check out the 1/4 mile time..

BUTTTT..I'm not as exited as i thought i would be..feels more and more like a modded G35 coupe.
i am not so sure about the 1/4 mile timings like the ztune which claimed of 10 sec but never it was documented.

but why did they ditch the much praised about i6 engine for the v6.

the only skyline i liked was the r32 n1 spec which by far i feel is the best looking and best engine skyline so far and also the same engine of the n1 is used in jgtc skyline.
Old 2nd December 2007, 17:05   #69
Senior - BHPian

The first round of reviews hit the 'Net yesterday in what was apparently a Euro-only embargo on driving impressions of the Nissan GT-R. The jurors from AutoExpress, Car and the Telegraph all came away from the drive with one resounding statement: this thing is fast! Adding that the brakes are the most impressive of any production car currently on sale. Lofty praise, no doubt.

While Car could barely contain its enthusiasm, AutoExpress and the Telegraph seemed to provide a more honest critique of the GT-R as a whole. AE's Oliver Marriage and Car's Gavin Green had some diverging viewpoints on how the GT-R handles low-speed cruising, but both recommend that jaunts around town are best when the seven-speed gearbox is left in "D." AutoExpress' scribe and the Telegraph's Andrew English were less than impressed with the ride quality of Nissan's new supercar, despite the dampers being set to "comfort" mode, with English saying that "even a Porsche 911 GT3 rides better."

A few other choice quotes include Green saying that the GT-R is "quick enough to make a Porsche 911 Turbo feel unexciting," continuing, "Quite simply, the new GT-R is the world's most multi-faceted supercar... An M3 beater? Easily. M5? Think higher. This car is faster, more high-tech, sharper, more capable."

We absolutely, positively can't wait to get behind the wheel.

British auto journos declare Nissan GT-R dogs bollocks - Autoblog
Old 3rd December 2007, 02:29   #70
Senior - BHPian

Godzilla lives.... The GTR is out, and this month's ACI claims prices at Rs 28 lakh onwards, with quotes on Nissan India's intentions to bring the mighty warrior to our shores.

Bye bye Porsche...?? Who the heck in his right mind would go for the Cayman/Boxster (as they would fall in the same OTR price category)...
Old 3rd December 2007, 20:44   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1 View Post
Godzilla lives.... The GTR is out, and this month's ACI claims prices at Rs 28 lakh onwards, with quotes on Nissan India's intentions to bring the mighty warrior to our shores.

Bye bye Porsche...?? Who the heck in his right mind would go for the Cayman/Boxster (as they would fall in the same OTR price category)...
I think 28 is over optimistic. They're selling at 75K USD here. Direct conversion certainly comes close to 28K but there's other costs. Anyway dealers have marked up their limited 1500 cars to be sold in the US by 15K atleast. So although the MSRP is 75K the sale prices are close to 90K.
Old 4th December 2007, 20:11   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1 View Post

There is NO way this car will be made in India for it to be priced in the 28 lakh price range. Id say a price tag of more than 75 lakhs would be more realistic if one were to include import duties.

Somehow Id still rather have a 911 over this.
Old 4th December 2007, 20:18   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
There is NO way this car will be made in India for it to be priced in the 28 lakh price range. Id say a price tag of more than 75 lakhs would be more realistic if one were to include import duties.

Somehow Id still rather have a 911 over this.

I agree with you on the price Khanak...but this is more reason for people to shy away from Porsche..and i am sure these won't be launched in india but will be only available as imports...One could get a Cayman or an entry level 911 (Carrera) for this price in india..

A close friend is considering selling his 911 carrera for a GTR in Bombay..Why wouldn't he..

It truly is a Porsche killer!!

My problem is I like both..(Porsche and the GTR)
Old 1st January 2008, 01:45   #74

Hey guys happy new year. I found this small video on youtube. Its the new GTR'S cockpit. Looks awesome in the dark.
Old 1st January 2008, 14:30   #75

One more video guys. I think you ll like this one ...

Most Viewed

Copyright 2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks