Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2016, 17:47   #31
RSR
Senior - BHPian

re: The Next-gen Nissan Micra. EDIT: Revealed at Paris Auto Show

This is how Nissan's hatchback has evolved in terms of looks over the years.

First Generation Micra - K10:

The Next-gen Nissan Micra. EDIT: Revealed at Paris Auto Show-280pxnissan_micra_1982_cambridge.jpg

Facelifted K10:

The Next-gen Nissan Micra. EDIT: Revealed at Paris Auto Show-220pxnissan_micra_front_20071212.jpg

Second Generation Micra - K11:

The Next-gen Nissan Micra. EDIT: Revealed at Paris Auto Show-280pxnissan_micra_k11_front.jpg

Facelifted K11:

The Next-gen Nissan Micra. EDIT: Revealed at Paris Auto Show-220pxnissan_micra_front_20081017.jpg

Third Generation Micra - K12:

The Next-gen Nissan Micra. EDIT: Revealed at Paris Auto Show-280pxnissan_micra_1st_edition_k12__frontansicht_9._juni_2011_wlfrath.jpg

Facelifted K12:

The Next-gen Nissan Micra. EDIT: Revealed at Paris Auto Show-220pxnissan_micra_iii_facelift_20090620_front1.jpg

Fourth Generation Micra - K13:

The Next-gen Nissan Micra. EDIT: Revealed at Paris Auto Show-2011_nissan_micra_k13_stl_hatchback_20150807_01.jpg

Facelifted K13:

The Next-gen Nissan Micra. EDIT: Revealed at Paris Auto Show-nissan_micra_k13_facelift__frontansicht_5._juli_2014_dsseldorf.jpg

All images are from the Micra's Wikipedia page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Very disappointing.
I both agree & disagree with you, Thad.

I agree with you on the Micra's cuteness. I'm a huge fan of the Volkswagen Beetle's bug-like looks, and believe the Beetle has something in its design that makes it extremely lovable & adorable, something that cannot be said of most cars. I feel like I want to pet it and caress it whenever I see one, much like I would want to do to a cat or a kitten!

The Micra is cute in the same manner, but maybe not to the extent of the Beetle.

I differ with you on not liking the next generation Micra. Yes, it has lost its charm now, and looks similar to what one would expect from Hyundai or Toyota or Peugeot or some other manufacturer.

However, I think this was a deliberate decision on the part of Nissan's designers to "mainstream" the Micra's design. The current generation Micra has not been too successful worldwide for a car in its class. One of the primary reasons is its size. It's neither as large as a Polo nor as small as an UP! (for instance). It was caught in no man's land between segments.

The Micra just had to grow in size. Nissan designers have done that, and they've managed to take away the charm that's intrinsic to a Micra's design in the process.

It's something they were almost forced to do.

Last edited by RSR : 11th August 2016 at 17:59.
RSR is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th August 2016, 23:31   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

You are quite right that I have got my history mixed up.

I always say that, when people use history to backk an argument, they always start with the bit that suits, regardless of what went before. I'll have to check out those dates, but I think that my mum's car was the 'face-lifted k11..'

I guess I'm just shocked at the moment. It's like finding out that one's girlfriend with the gorgeous elbow-length hair has come home with a crew cut.

So could I love the Micra for itself, not just for its body?

Hmmm... I'll have to see the specifications and equipment list!
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th September 2016, 09:55   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

The New Micra will be unveiled at the Paris Motor show. Will be available only in a 5D variant.
Rendered image,
The Next-gen Nissan Micra. EDIT: Revealed at Paris Auto Show-mi.jpg
Quote:
The new Nissan Micra will be manufactured in France, Renault of Flins plant from which next year should come out about 80 thousand specimens. The plant also produces the Renault Clio, with which the Micra will share many components. As far as the search engines assume that under the hood of the future will be the three-cylinder petrol and Micra with LPG (ranging from 80 to 98 HP).
Source
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2016, 22:24   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

New 2017 Nissan Micra Teased And Confirmed For Paris Motor show!

The Next-gen Nissan Micra. EDIT: Revealed at Paris Auto Show-2017nissanmicrateaser01.jpg
The Next-gen Nissan Micra. EDIT: Revealed at Paris Auto Show-2017nissanmicrateaser02.jpg
volkman10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2016, 23:38   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
New 2017 Nissan Micra Teased And Confirmed For Paris Motor show!

Attachment 1557784
Attachment 1557785
From the teaser images it does look a bit brawny.

Really looking forward with whats in store for Indian market in this new Micra.
Old 22nd September 2016, 23:46   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunswnt View Post
Really looking forward with whats in store for Indian market in this new Micra.
In one word- Nothing.

This generation won't be manufactured in India, and hence won't be sold here as well. We will get a facelifted version of the current generation Micra instead.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2016, 23:53   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
In one word- Nothing.

This generation won't be manufactured in India, and hence won't be sold here as well. We will get a facelifted version of the current generation Micra instead.
Thats sad, considering that premium hatchs are new hot thing in market and Renault sort of have been able to capture market with Kwid. But yes, when Ford doesn't brings Fiesta, Renault doesn't brings Clio, very little hope can be kept as Micra is a flop car in India.
Old 23rd September 2016, 16:14   #38
Senior - BHPian

Here's the teaser video of the next-gen Nissan Micra, scheduled to be unveiled at the upcoming Paris Motor Show.

dZired is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2016, 11:08   #39
BHPian

From the teaser Video, the rear profile seems to be derived from the Nissan Juke, Hope Nissan launches it here and make the Micra as successful as it is worldwide, such a competent car.
Old 27th September 2016, 15:55   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

The interiors of the all-new Micra have been spied by a WorldScoop forum user.

The Next-gen Nissan Micra. EDIT: Revealed at Paris Auto Show-2017nissanmicrafrontthreequarterspied.jpg

The Next-gen Nissan Micra. EDIT: Revealed at Paris Auto Show-2017nissanmicrasidespied.jpg

The Next-gen Nissan Micra. EDIT: Revealed at Paris Auto Show-2017nissanmicrawindowspied.jpg

The Next-gen Nissan Micra. EDIT: Revealed at Paris Auto Show-2017nissanmicrainteriorspied.jpg

The Next-gen Nissan Micra. EDIT: Revealed at Paris Auto Show-2017nissanmicrarearspied.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2016, 14:18   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

2017 Micra debuts at the Paris Auto show!

The Next-gen Nissan Micra. EDIT: Revealed at Paris Auto Show-capture.jpg
The Next-gen Nissan Micra. EDIT: Revealed at Paris Auto Show-screenshot20160929at09_33_36.jpg
The Next-gen Nissan Micra. EDIT: Revealed at Paris Auto Show-1.jpg
The Next-gen Nissan Micra. EDIT: Revealed at Paris Auto Show-2.jpg
The Next-gen Nissan Micra. EDIT: Revealed at Paris Auto Show-3.jpg
Quote:
The Micra will have a specially configured version of the 89bhp 1.5-litre four-cylinder diesel found in smaller Renaults, plus a turbocharged 0.9-litre three-cylinder petrol engine of the same output. A 69bhp, non-turbo petrol triple will arrive later, and a 120bhp version of the 0.9 turbo will follow that. All engines get standard manual gearboxes, but Nissan is likely to offer a CVT auto in at least one model.
Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 29th September 2016 at 14:27.
volkman10 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 29th September 2016, 16:24   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice official video debut of the next-gen Micra.

Just a heads-up: This version of the Micra won't be coming to India.

RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th September 2016, 19:19   #43
BHPian

Each time that I've been to Japan, I had a keen eye for the kind of cars that are sold there and I must say - this quirky looking car belongs there. The amount of weird designs that Japanese market cars have is just astounding. So I am not at all surprised that this car looks 'different'.

Now, I have admiration for Nissan as a brand. But sharp edgy looks simply won't appeal to the mass market here in India. If it's not coming to India, it's because it simply won't work here. It has just way too many lines, cuts and creases on the body! It looks ghastly. And for such an aggressive looking car they have a 0.9 liter engine? Yikes.

The more I stare at the nose of the car, the more I feel that it looks like a crocodile. And that's not a good thing.

The current Micra being sold in India looks quite pleasant, and many love the looks of that car. I guess Nissan should just give it a refresh and be done with it.

Whatever happened to making clean elegant designs for cars?

Last edited by AbhisheKulkarni : 29th September 2016 at 19:26.
AbhisheKulkarni is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2016, 20:24   #44
Senior - BHPian

This is a very nice and futuristic design and can change sell in good numbers in India. The product can be launched at a competitive price point with few alterations without compromising the safety / structural integrity of the car.

The present generation young buyers are well aware of the product launches and measure the seriousness of the company on how early the product is launched in their region.

The all new Micra is attractive, bold and makes a statement. As such Nissan products have no issues with reliability and an early launch in India should help the cause.
i74js is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2016, 20:29   #45
RSR
Senior - BHPian

The new Micra has grown in size and no longer remains true to its name (as is often said of the Mini). It has lost its charm and adorable nature in the process.

Having said that, I like the sharp & unconventional lines of the new model. Apart from that weird-looking front grille, it's not a bad design at all. Quirky & unorthodox it may be, but it's not ugly by any stretch of the imagination!

It's a pity that Nissan have no plans to bring the new Micra to India! Instead, they're going to do some stupid jugaad facelift to make the current Micra resemble the newly unveiled one, much like what Chevrolet are doing with the Beat.

We deserve to get the new Micra in India, Nissan! It would make great sense for you to re-position the facelifted current generation Micra against cars in the class of the Grand i10, while unleashing the new Micra with all necessary goodies in the premium hatchback segment against the i20 and others. The new Micra is perfectly capable of giving cars in this class a run for their money:

Last edited by RSR : 29th September 2016 at 20:38.
RSR is offline   (7) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks