Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2016, 22:13   #16
BHPian

If Renault can add AWD and an auto transmission at the time of launch in India, definitely it will become an instant hit. Renault are you listening?
couswheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2016, 22:27   #17
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2018 Renault (Dacia) Grand Duster SUV - Rendering

Looks a lot bigger to me than the current Duster. The Duster is already overpriced IMHO, so this will easily see a huge sticker cost. Hopefully it still remains affordable here.
Old 10th July 2016, 22:44   #18
BHPian

The rear appears to be inspired by jeep design and looks perfectly modern. But nevertheless it makes a lot of sense to launch a fresh Duster as the current one really screams for a complete make over.
Old 10th July 2016, 22:57   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

The images in the opening post seem as if they have used the Toyota Highlander to generate those renders, see this pic;

Next-generation Renault / Dacia Duster caught testing-2016toyotahighlanderhybridlimitedblue.png

And the tail lights in the opening post definitely seem inspired from Jeep Renegade Duster surely doesnt need that as it has its very own strong identity now.

These renders from a simple google image search seem more relevant;

Next-generation Renault / Dacia Duster caught testing-dusternovo1.jpeg

Next-generation Renault / Dacia Duster caught testing-2017daciaduster3.jpg

Next-generation Renault / Dacia Duster caught testing-2017daciaduster7seaterrenderingrearthreequarter.jpg

Next-generation Renault / Dacia Duster caught testing-2017renaultdusterrenderingimage.jpg

Last edited by karan561 : 10th July 2016 at 23:22.
karan561 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2016, 23:27   #20
Team-BHP Support

Design is not instantly likeable like the current Duster. This one looks like its made from a clean sheet of paper, rather than an evolution (bad thing, in my opinion).

And wow, 4.7 metres is Tata Hexa length.
Old 11th July 2016, 00:04   #21
Senior - BHPian

If this is the new car (4.7m long?), it has lost it's advantage unless Renault brings the Captur to the showrooms.
One main advantage the current Duster has is: Compactness.

It's about the same length (or slightly shorter) than the Honda City, Maruti Ciaz etc and has enough space for most of the families. Add the ability to tackle rough roads with more than decent boot space, the Duster is a compact, yet very practical offering. Many Indians have a parking constraint at home, office or around the city.

If they don't launch the Captur or a replacement with similar dimensions (4.3~4.4m long) , then Renault is leaving the bird in hand for two in the bush.

Last edited by landcruiser123 : 11th July 2016 at 00:06.
Old 11th July 2016, 06:08   #22
Senior - BHPian

Inoffensive styling IMO.
Not too sure if the plans for a longer 7 seater with obviously higher costs (minus an AT option as per Autoexpress) would do as well as the current gen Duster.
Old 11th July 2016, 06:44   #23
Team-BHP Support

Re: Next-generation Renault / Dacia Duster caught testing

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Wow! Very nice traditional SUV stance and clean design as compared to the current Duster. This should be good enough to take on the like of Mahindra XUV 5OO head on.
Finally a Duster which really looks premium! I hope the interiors match to the same!

Quote:
I guess Renault decided to differentiate the Duster now that they have Kaptur crossover planned for the emerging markets.
Renault should have sensed this quite some time back pro-actively especially when Duster was on the upside curve. I guess they looked more at small car section rather than the premium X-Over section. I still believe, if they somehow had managed the same in 2015, it would have been a smash especially against the likes of Creta.

But of course I do understand, its very easy to post here, than to get it done! After having driven the Duster for more than 70K, I would really love to see these two new guys on the ground, before I decide to look elsewhere. Their fantastic mechanical elements definitely deserve a much better build quality and interiors.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2016, 14:29   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Finally a Duster which really looks premium! I hope the interiors match to the same!...

Their fantastic mechanical elements definitely deserve a much better build quality and interiors.
Good point, and I wonder if Renault would be better (or perhaps with less expense) served by revamping the interiors of the current duster to bring it on par with the Creta for example. They would retain the cost effectiveness and acceptability of the current platform, and extend the life of the Duster.

It isn't selling too poorly even at the moment despite being perceived as over priced due to the lack of features and low rent plastics.

Bringing in a seven seater would make people like me look elsewhere. That's treading in Innova territory, especially if the prices go further north, in which case the Indian customer would really be hard pressed to choose the Duster over the Innova.

People like me would drop this off their shopping list because I don't have a huge family and want a city friendly vehicle, which the Duster currently is with the high seating and manageable length (AFAIK).

Then again the Honda B-RV has been well received bookings wise apparently, so Renault may be on the right path with targetting the lower end of the seven seater market. Don't they have the Lodgy for that?

Last edited by VeluM : 11th July 2016 at 14:31.
Old 12th July 2016, 10:06   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Finally a Duster which really looks premium! I hope the interiors match to the same!
Renault should have sensed this quite some time back pro-actively especially when Duster was on the upside curve. I guess they looked more at small car section rather than the premium X-Over section. I still believe, if they somehow had managed the same in 2015, it would have been a smash especially against the likes of Creta.
Just not these alone. They have to increase their service reach and make it similar to Maruti and Hyundai and the service experience should improve. If they can get these two done then yes it can give a good fight to the Creta.
Old 11th October 2016, 10:52   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

New Dacia Duster is delayed. But it will be bigger, better, and yet they are inexpensive !

Next-generation Renault / Dacia Duster caught testing-dacia_grand_duster_2017_render_dalsi_perex_800_600.jpg

Quote:
On the light of the world have even made the first images of the interior , which indicated considerable progress in the cabin.
Debut SUV so we moved to the next year, with one camp speculators already talking about the March Geneva. The second one refers to the September Frankfurt, which is perhaps even realistic option. Sales of second-generation Dacia Duster would be launched sometime before Christmas, which is why many car markets styled as model year 2018
Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 11th October 2016 at 10:54.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2016, 10:18   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
New Dacia Duster is delayed. But it will be bigger, better, and yet they are inexpensive !
Quite a good looker. I guess this means that the new Duster (when launched in India) will sit below the Kaptur - and hopefully around the current price levels? This would then give Renault a good spread in the 10 to 20 lac range for the CSUV segment.

Last edited by ampere : 12th October 2016 at 10:44. Reason: Fixed quoted post
Old 22nd December 2016, 21:18   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Code named Project HJD, the New Duster to be launched in Brazil in 2018.

Next-generation Renault / Dacia Duster caught testing-renaultduster.jpg
Quote:
the new Duster will be about 20 cm of greater than the current, with 4.5 meters in length. This new generation the SUV will have option to seven passengers. The model will be built from the current platform, however, with changes to be more resistant
Quote:
The new Duster will make its first appearance in Europe, in 2017, where it is sold by Dacia. In this new generation, 1.6 versions will be equipped with the new automatic transmission CVT (DK0). The engines will be the current 1.6 and 2.0.
http://www.autossegredos.com.br/2016...chega-em-2018/
Old 26th January 2017, 11:49   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

New Renault to arrive in late 2017.

New Renault Duster will receive a seven-seat version The seven-seat Renault Grand Duster will be in 2018 - a few months after the premiere of the five-seat version.

It is known that the new crossover Renault will grow to about 4.5 meters in length, and its design will become more expressive.

Next-generation Renault / Dacia Duster caught testing-daciaduster2017illustrationfront.jpg

The 7 seater- Renault Grand Duster, according to rumors, its size will be comparable with the Kia Sorento and Nissan X-Trail, which will be installed in the cabin the third row of seats.
Next-generation Renault / Dacia Duster caught testing-daciaduster2017illustrationrear.jpg

Quote:
New Renault Duster in 2018, is likely to receive a 1.2-liter 125 hp gasoline turbo engine, but will remain the 1.6-liter naturally aspirated four. Also crossover Renault will be available with 1.6-liter 130-strong turbodiesel.
Link
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2017, 08:12   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Next Gen Renault 2018 Duster/Dacia confirmed for an unveil at the Frankfurt Motor show.

The current Gen Duster continues to have a great run in Europe so the expectations of this new Gen is very high in terms of comfort and equipment levels.
Next-generation Renault / Dacia Duster caught testing-2017daciadusterrendering.jpg

Link
Closed Thread

Most Viewed