Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2016, 10:47   #46
BHPian

re: The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Ecosport for Europe spied. Does lose the rear mounted spare wheel.

Source
NDTV Auto also quoted this site and very confidently mentioned about the changes coming to India. I'm getting a feeling the body and engine are going to be the same with cosmetic changes but I'm really excited about the internal changes, with Sync-3 (allegedly) being added. I've sold my current car and was just about to book an Ecosport .
I would hate myself if I missed the uplift by a few months.

http://auto.ndtv.com/news/india-boun...europe-1253345
Old 18th September 2016, 17:21   #47
BHPian

Any news on the 2017 model? Things seemed to have died down now :(
Old 21st September 2016, 21:00   #48
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

The ecosport facelift seems to have taken cues from the 'Ford edge '
Looks good overall

Will it be here by February 2017?
Attached Thumbnails
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift-img20160921wa0170.jpg  

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift-img20160921wa0169.jpg  

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift-img20160921wa0168.jpg  

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift-img20160921wa0167.jpg  

ecosport rules is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 21st September 2016, 21:38   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Looks good overall

Noooooo!! I've been seeing this for a while now but I was wishing it would just be rumors for a much later releasing facelift. I booked an Ecosport AT just a few days ago :(
Old 21st September 2016, 22:23   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Looks good overall

I sincerely hope this comes to our market soon. I have spent over 1 year vacillating between multiple cars but I always liked the feel of Ecosport when I drove it.

Never thought I would devote so much time and dozens of test drives. But still I haven't finalized. My better half doesn't entertain any car discussions now neither does she come for repetitive test drives :/
deevee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2016, 22:48   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by komalthecoolk View Post
Noooooo!! I've been seeing this for a while now but I was wishing it would just be rumors for a much later releasing facelift. I booked an Ecosport AT just a few days ago :(
Its something you cant avoid since manufacturers come up with facelifts almost every year. You need to stick to your needs and if you need a car NOW, take a plunge or wait for the new one if you think you can. I bought one in Aug 2016 and knew a facelift was on the cards, but I HAD TO get one so did not bother much about it.

It sure feels bad to realize that your recently bought vehicle has a new version in a few months/weeks but I personally wont mind that too much unless there are big mechanical changes. I don't think there would be any except an improved suspension that was introduced last year in UK. The current petrol engines might see some tuning for better performance too but the majority of them would be cosmetic changes.

You can wait to get the new one but eventually there will be another facelift in 2018, if that makes you happy for another 1 year .
k.sumit is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2016, 02:52   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deevee View Post
I sincerely hope this comes to our market soon. I have spent over 1 year vacillating between multiple cars but I always liked the feel of Ecosport when I drove it.

Never thought I would devote so much time and dozens of test drives. But still I haven't finalized. My better half doesn't entertain any car discussions now neither does she come for repetitive test drives :/
All the best for your decision.
There seems to be a significant upgrade in the instrument cluster and the MID.

Quote:
Keep the booking on hold and wait it out if you are not in a hurry.
I have a feeling that the upgrades will be significant
ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2016, 07:58   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Keep the booking on hold and wait it out if you are not in a hurry.
I have a feeling that the upgrades will be significant
I've already sold my car. It's also not clear how long before this comes true first in the Global market and then to the Indian market. Also, I'm not sure it'll be priced equal to what we have now, so there'll be budget problems. Cosmetic changes can always be applied by us (who else knows better than you). If it's the instrument cluster and ICE, yes, that'll be a painful sting. But just seeing the long term owners of Ecosport here and outside generally happy is satisfactory enough for me to go ahead with my purchase
If there is a significant upgrade, may be I should get one more if I can afford that then
komalthecoolk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2016, 09:15   #54
BHPian

Quote:
I've already sold my car. It's also not clear how long before this comes true first in the Global market and then to the Indian market. Also, I'm not sure it'll be priced equal to what we have now, so there'll be budget problems.
Although facelifted model is already on test in different parts of the world but remember we are yet to see any test mules in Indian roads. So you can safely presume this model will not hit Indian shores atleast by August 2017.

However going by the changes in the facelifted version I also believe there will be significant changes inside and outside and ofcourse you never know how many of these we will get in "Made for India" version and also as with all manufacturers facelifted model will come with additional cost. So since you have already sold your car and if you are not willing to wait for atleast an another year then I would suggest go ahead with your purchase.
DragonHawk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2016, 10:09   #55
BHPian

I would be in the market for a new car by end of this/ start of next year. At the moment only 2 cars fit my requirements

1. Ecosport Titanium + D
2. 1.3 S-Cross Alpha

I am slightly inclined towards the S-Cross due to 2 factors
1. I used to own an Ecosport; which makes me think of switching to a new brand/experience
2. the additional features - projector headlamps, the touch screen head unit, all black interiors, cruise control, MID (read - better MID); which I sorely missed in Ecosport.

But if the face lift addresses these aspects and is available in the Indian market at least by Feb-17 at an additional 1 - 3 L price, I am gonna go for Ecosport with my eyes shut!

Fingers crossed!

Any credible news on the India launch date will be highly appreciated
Anoop_SG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2016, 10:50   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anoop_SG View Post
2. the additional features - projector headlamps, the touch screen head unit, all black interiors, cruise control, MID (read - better MID); which I sorely missed in Ecosport.

But if the face lift addresses these aspects and is available in the Indian market at least by Feb-17 at an additional 1 - 3 L price, I am gonna go for Ecosport with my eyes shut!

Fingers crossed!

Any credible news on the India launch date will be highly appreciated
In that case for that price, 1.6 Alpha in S-cross has a very powerful exciting engine + almost all the features you mentioned. The build quality is also very impressive. If there was a petrol version I would have seriously considered it.
komalthecoolk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2016, 12:24   #57
BHPian

Quote:
In that case for that price, 1.6 Alpha in S-cross has a very powerful exciting engine + almost all the features you mentioned. The build quality is also very impressive. If there was a petrol version I would have seriously considered it.
I could. But I have a slight inclination towards a feature loaded newer version of Ecosport than a more powerful S-Cross.
Old 17th October 2016, 12:39   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

International Business Times speculates: "2017 Ford EcoSport facelift to be unveiled soon; what we can expect"

Exteriors
The exteriors will look similar to what was spied earlier, with the hexagonal grille moving upwards to sit in between the headlights - keeping in line with Ford's revised design language seen on the 2014 Fiesta, 2015 Figo/Aspire, 2016 Endeavour and 2016 Mustang. The 2011 Fiesta and 2013/2015 EcoSport had this hexagonal grille sitting lower, in between the foglamps.
Quote:
The previous spy pictures had given nascent information about the new EcoSport. 2017 Ford EcoSport facelift will get a revised front grille with sharp edges. The face of the new EcoSport will take inspiration for the 2016 Ford Edge. The large headlamp will be flanked by newly designed sweptback headlamps. Minor changes, which compliment the changes of the front, can be expected at the rear while spare wheel will continue to be fitted at the rear door.
Interiors
Quote:
On the interior, the basic design of the dashboard will remain the same, while the instrument panel will get a new inlay. The new panel will come with blue-coloured illumination speed markers and an integrated rev counter. Between the two dials, a colour TFT MID (multi information display) will find space which informs about temperature, trip-meter, time and fuel efficiency.
The interiors have some scope for confusion. Autocar India previously speculated it would look like the below, with what appears to be Sync 3 infotainment:
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift-1459256721027.jpg
However spyshots from China show the following interior:
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift-ecosport17flagra4700x525.jpg
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift-ecosport17flagra5700x525.jpg
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift-fordecosportspies091.jpg
I personally think the China spyshots (last 3) are more accurate, given that it is where the launch will occur and where most other information originated. Also, I would be surprised if Ford launch Sync 3, since even the Endeavour and Mustang make do with just Sync 2. I won't be complaining though, if they offer Sync 3!

Powertrain
Quote:
The powertrains are expected to continue without any changes. The current engine options are 1.5-litre TDCi diesel engine, which is tuned to dish out 99bhp of power. The petrol mills are a 1.5-litre Ti-VCT and the 1.0-liter EcoBoost engine. The power and torque figures of these engines are expected to be higher in the 2017 model than the current version.
I wonder if there's any chance of getting the higher-spec 140ps EcoBoost engine sold in the UK (see this post).

Also, given that the AT comes in only the Titanium variant, I wonder if there is any chance of Ford pairing the AT/DCT with the EcoBoost instead of the 1.5L petrol engine. Economically, this will make sense as they can gain some tax benefit of a sub-4m car by doing so (since the 1L EcoBoost falls within the 1.2L limit for petrol engines).

Speculated Launch Dates
Quote:
The new EcoSport in China is expected to go on sale by the end of the year. India launch is expected in mid-2017.
Source: http://www.ibtimes.co.in/2017-ford-e...-expect-699609
arunphilip is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th October 2016, 19:12   #59
Senior - BHPian

So it doesn't look like the AWD version is making it to our shores. More's the pity! This option would have opened the door wider for the Ecosport in its segment. Wonder why the carmakers are so diffident about this market.
One a parallel note - perhaps the launch of the Tata Hexa (a completely different vehicle and segment I know) loaded with all such features at an attractive price point will force the auto majors to think and act differently.
wilful is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th October 2016, 16:01   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

Refreshed Ford EcoSport to be next month at the upcoming Sao Paulo auto show - will have exterior design similar to Ford's Edge!

Quote:
The 2017 EcoSport is expected to receive reprofiled headlamps and tail-lamps, a hexagonal grille, reprofiled bumpers along with new-design alloy wheels. On the inside it will get a new steering wheel, a revised centre console and a new colour display for the Sync infotainment system.
Rendered
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift-0_468_700_http___cdni_autocarindia_com_extraimages_20161027034023_ecosport_final.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 27th October 2016 at 16:04.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks