Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2006, 11:43   #16
Senior - BHPian

Bye Bye Corolla, Hello Auris

Word has been around that the Toyota Auris shall replace the corolla after the hatch is transformed into a sedan.How much truth in the statement,I have absolutely no idea but check this link out for pics:

http://www.autoblog.com/2006/09/28/p...space-concept/

Old 29th September 2006, 12:32   #17
Senior - BHPian

This car has been launched at the paris motor show,whose link I have provided above.
Old 29th September 2006, 17:53   #18
BHPian

Looks hot.....dunno if it'll be the same wen converted to a sedan...
Old 29th September 2006, 17:57   #19
BHPian

i like the interior of that car.
Old 1st October 2006, 17:54   #20
BANNED

Looks great!!! But still can it meet the nostalgia of a Corolla?? Nobody knows it better than Toyota themselves.
Old 1st October 2006, 18:06   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Rahul, we already have a thread on the Auris.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intern...ighlight=auris

Mods, merge these?
Old 1st October 2006, 19:31   #22
Team-BHP Support

Thanks Condor. Thread merged.
Old 11th October 2006, 09:08   #23
Senior - BHPian

Civic Unrest

Well not quite in India yet, but these 2 recent launches are strong candidates for the ever growing C/D segment in India (10-12L) that was recently given a shot in the arm by the CIVIC.

The new sedan version of the Euro only Auris called Corolla Axio in Japan and the Sentra/Sunny.

Interesting coincidence, both have been launched with CVT trans instead of conventional auto.......a sign of things to come ??

Sources: toyota.co.jp and nissan.com

Last edited by Mpower : 11th October 2006 at 21:08.
Old 11th October 2006, 12:06   #24
BHPian

The corolla looks almost the same as old one with modified front end. Although its not unattractive but definitely not eye candy as Civic.

Any idea whether this is the same model that was rumoured to be sent back to drawing board after Civic launch?
Old 11th October 2006, 12:56   #25
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Thats not a new Corolla...its a facelift. The entirely new corolla is expected in 2008 and I can hardly wait to see it. But I do not expect it to create the shockwaves that the Civic did.
Old 11th October 2006, 15:22   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower
Interesting coincidence, both have been launched with CVT trans instead of conventional auto.......a sign of things to come ??
Other than the dual clutch systems the CVT provides quite a nice power delivery system. Slowly the rubberband effect of older CVTs is being reduced while it's reliability is being increased. However by their very design they will always require careful monitoring and prompt service. Today I'd much rather live with the rubberband effect of CVTs (really noticeable only during spiritited driving) than the jerky power delivery of "conventional" auto trannies.
Old 11th October 2006, 22:27   #27
BHPian

Toyota corolla MK10

Toyota has released the 10th generation Corolla in Japan today. The Japanese Corolla consists of 2 versions: Corolla Axio is the 4-door sedan and Corolla Fielder is the station wagon. Disappointingly, both cars look conservative and boring. The sedan has a proportion unbelievably close to the old car - length, width and wheelbase are unchanged, only the height has been reduced by 10mm. The headlights and grille are the only noticeable styling differences.

Inside, the cabin gets marginally longer and wider thanks to more efficient packaging. Following arch-rival Honda Civic, the rear cabin floor is now nearly flat, easing the foot room for the middle passenger. The dashboard design is new but hardly inspiring. From photos, we cannot see any upgrade in build quality and materials in the cabin. If there is any, the improvement won't be as vast as the old generation did 5 years ago.

Mechanical aspect remains close to the old car. It rides on MacPherson struts suspensions up front and torsion-beam axle at the rear. Toyota didn't talked much about chassis rigidity, so we expect driving dynamics won't be much improved. Powertrain continues to include 1.5 VVT-i and 1.8 VVT-i engines. The former is a tuned version of the old car, producing 110 horsepower. The latter, codenamed 2ZR-FE, is said to be a new development. The main improvement is the introduction of dual VVT-i, one for intake valves and one for exhaust valves, to improve efficiency further. This mean slightly lower fuel consumption and higher torque throughout the range. Peak power, however, is unchanged at 136hp. Both engines can partner with a new Super CVT-i transmission to enhance fuel economy. It can also simulate a 7-speed manual.

Nevertheless, the biggest advance of the new Corolla is safety features. It is equipped with many big cars safety equipments:

1. A rear view monitor aiding parking;
2. An intelligent self parking system like that being used in Prius and LS460;
3. Radar cruise control;

4. Mercedes-like Pre-Crash safety system, which uses radar to detect possible collision. In prior to collision, it applies braking and tightens seat belts.
source www.autozine.org

Note from the Support Staff: Please avoid using text formatting tags.

Last edited by aah78 : 11th October 2006 at 23:51.
Old 11th October 2006, 22:51   #28
Team-BHP Support

hey the toyota axio is mentioned in this thread:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...t=civic+unrest

mods can both the threads be merged?
Old 11th October 2006, 22:52   #29

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
But I do not expect it to create the shockwaves that the Civic did.
why do you say that????
the new camry is an absolute stunner.maybe toyota gets bold with the corolla too.
Old 11th October 2006, 23:01   #30
Team-BHP Support

This could work for toyota till the new corolla actually comes. The new one would come sometime in 2008 end. Till then they could actually facelift the current one to look like this and give some competition to the civic. The corolla still has many followers.
The rear seat is still the best in corolla compared to octy and civic and for india chauffeur driven this is a good buy.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks