Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2016, 13:37   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport facelift revealed for North America

Spotted the Ford Ecosport testing vehicle earlier in the morning today in Chennai.
Saw it being driven through the Kathipara cloverleaf flyover underpass. Due to dense traffic, underpass incline and a sadistic looking cop standing nearby, i could not click any photographs.
Observations as i was tailing it and finally pulled by it:

1) It was RHD
2) Had an infotainment screen sticking out of dash centre (as seen in various ES refresh photos on the forum)
3) Spare on Tailgate
4) No changes to grille, headlights & tail lights
5) No changes to front and rear bumpers
6) Had faux skid plate inserts front and rear (looked very similar to the skid plates Ford sells as official accessories)
7) Alloy design was new. It was gloss black with 7 holes (as seen in some of the export model photos)
8) Vehicle was silver in colour with a gloss black roof. (Two tone paint job in the offing? a la Brezza?)
arjab is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th November 2016, 15:15   #47
BHPian

Ford uncle, Please don't lose the spare, the car loses it's identity if this is chopped.
Same happened with Safari, an icon became just another face in the crowd.

Ecosport is a fantastic VFM option for us. I would like to see a more butch look in the facelift, but that's just me
Old 18th December 2016, 15:18   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Brazil and India likely to get/retain the spare wheel on the tail gate.

Ford EcoSport facelift revealed for North America-flagrafordecosport20181.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2016, 13:21   #49
BHPian

Ford Ecosport 2017

Folks,

Have been reading quite a lot of reports about Ford India launching Ecosport 2017 model in the country, around 3rd/4th week of January, to counter Brezza/TUV competetion. IBT, GaadiWaadi, Rushlane all reported on the same. News 18 also had an article the other day, but withdrew it next day.

I personally spoke to few dealers and they had no idea, so thought of putting it out here in the forum, if anybody has a clue on the matter.

Needless to say, I'm eagerly looking forward to the new model and will advance book it asap.

Thanks
Old 28th December 2016, 15:26   #50
BHPian

Re: Ford Ecosport 2017

Buddy, You should have probably checked other threads before starting a new one.

Mods may have to probably merge your post with this one.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...9-lakh-20.html
Old 28th December 2016, 16:58   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vish_Janu View Post
Folks,

Have been reading quite a lot of reports about Ford India launching Ecosport 2017 model in the country, around 3rd/4th week of January, to counter Brezza/TUV competetion. IBT, GaadiWaadi, Rushlane all reported on the same. News 18 also had an article the other day, but withdrew it next day.

I personally spoke to few dealers and they had no idea, so thought of putting it out here in the forum, if anybody has a clue on the matter.

Needless to say, I'm eagerly looking forward to the new model and will advance book it asap.

Thanks
I just received a notification from NDTV similar to what you said. I was about to book one tomorrow and wait two months for the Ecoboost. Now I will just wait and experience more hairfall because of my endless confusions.

link to news:
http://auto.ndtv.com/news/ford-ecosp...t-year-1642675
Old 28th December 2016, 17:14   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravdgr8 View Post
Here in the US, Ford is being criticized as they announced they will get the Ecosport imported from India.

Checkout the Chevy Trax. It is bang similar in footprint to the Ecosport

Attachment 1576021

Attachment 1576022

Attachment 1576023
Ain't Chevy Trax strikingly similar to the Suzuki SX 4 cross?
Old 29th December 2016, 11:34   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21Archer84 View Post
Buddy, You should have probably checked other threads before starting a new one.

Mods may have to probably merge your post with this one.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...9-lakh-20.html
Apologies guys, and thanks for the merge.

Besides the NDTV article, there's one on India.com also stating the same. Wish Ford would atleast open the advance booking already.

http://www.india.com/auto/new-ford-e...-year-1728923/
Old 29th December 2016, 16:54   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
Spotted the Ford Ecosport testing vehicle earlier in the morning today in Chennai.
Saw it being driven through the Kathipara cloverleaf flyover underpass. Due to dense traffic, underpass incline and a sadistic looking cop standing nearby, i could not click any photographs.
Observations as i was tailing it and finally pulled by it:

1) It was RHD
2) Had an infotainment screen sticking out of dash centre (as seen in various ES refresh photos on the forum)
3) Spare on Tailgate
4) No changes to grille, headlights & tail lights
5) No changes to front and rear bumpers
6) Had faux skid plate inserts front and rear (looked very similar to the skid plates Ford sells as official accessories)
7) Alloy design was new. It was gloss black with 7 holes (as seen in some of the export model photos)
8) Vehicle was silver in colour with a gloss black roof. (Two tone paint job in the offing? a la Brezza?)
Could it be that the Ecosport rumored facelift next month be limited to ICE, and minor other things. That the supposedly new model showcased in LA won't come here till second half of 2017?
Old 29th December 2016, 18:29   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Today, I went to the Ganges Ford dealership here in Kolkata to check out the Ecosport. I was looking at the petrol automatic Titanium and the Ecoboost Titanium+ versions. The salesperson told me that the automatic demo-car is going to be withdrawn from the showroom in a matter of days, so if I wanted a test-drive, I had to do it quickly. She also told me that they had sold off all existing stock of the automatic version. She was also not too sure about the colours available even for the Ecoboost version in their stock. Anyway, then I asked if a facelift was going to take place in 2017. She quickly nodded her head in the affirmative, and then said prices were likely to go up. She did not want to say anything more.

This is just to share my experience. I have no idea exactly how faithfully to interpret my experience. She also did not mention any time for the facelift. I am going to test-drive the automatic tomorrow morning.

Last edited by asitkde : 29th December 2016 at 18:38.
asitkde is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th December 2016, 13:54   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asitkde View Post
Today, I went to the Ganges Ford dealership here in Kolkata to check out the Ecosport. I was looking at the petrol automatic Titanium and the Ecoboost Titanium+ versions. The salesperson told me that the automatic demo-car is going to be withdrawn from the showroom in a matter of days, so if I wanted a test-drive, I had to do it quickly. She also told me that they had sold off all existing stock of the automatic version. She was also not too sure about the colours available even for the Ecoboost version in their stock. Anyway, then I asked if a facelift was going to take place in 2017. She quickly nodded her head in the affirmative, and then said prices were likely to go up. She did not want to say anything more.

This is just to share my experience. I have no idea exactly how faithfully to interpret my experience. She also did not mention any time for the facelift. I am going to test-drive the automatic tomorrow morning.
Interesting. No such luck with that here in Delhi dealerships. Will try and visit one of them again tomorrow.
Old 4th January 2017, 10:58   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asitkde View Post

Hi Asitkde, keen to how was your test drive experience? Also, any update on the facelift while at the dealership.
Old 5th January 2017, 17:28   #58
BHPian

Guys,

Looks like we are only getting a minor addition to ICE for now, the major facelift is coming during Diwali.

http://auto.ndtv.com/news/ford-ecosp...diwali-1645449

If you were at my place, would you wait for the facelift or would you go for it now with the updated ICE?
Old 5th January 2017, 22:56   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Asitkde, keen to how was your test drive experience? Also, any update on the facelift while at the dealership.
The car was supposed to arrive at my place at 10:30 AM. When nobody showed up till 11:30 AM, I called up the Sales Associate who booked my test-drive. She told me, the car would come in 10 minutes and then cut off the line promptly. I waited till noon, then my son and I went out to have a look at S-cross and Vitara Brezza. We drove both those cars later on the same day. At 12:47 PM, I got a call from somebody with the Ecosport. I told him, we could not wait the whole day for the test-drive car to arrive and we had to leave for somewhere else. Since then I never heard from the Ford dealership regarding another scheduling for a test-drive, not even an apology.

Four years ago, when I was in the market to buy a C2 segment sedan, the same thing happened regarding a test-drive of the Fiesta (actually with both Ford dealers of Kolkata). I finally bought a Honda City then.

BTW, as it appears now from a few unsupported reports in the media (and you have mentioned it also in your latest post), Ecosport may not have any major facelift in India until much later in 2017.

Last edited by asitkde : 5th January 2017 at 23:03.
Old 6th January 2017, 17:02   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

Ford to bring the Ecosport facelift to India in the latter part of 2017.

But prior to the facelift, the existing Ecosport to get minor updates in India.

Quote:
The update will mostly include minor cosmetic changes, along with a revision of the feature list which could expand to include a touchscreen infotainment system. This would bring it on par with the segment hot seller, the Maruti Vitara Brezza, which offers a touchscreen system on the top variant.
Link
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks