Team-BHP - 2020 Hyundai Verna facelift spotted in China
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The International Automotive Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/)
-   -   2020 Hyundai Verna facelift spotted in China (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/211230-2020-hyundai-verna-facelift-spotted-china-2.html)

Seems the back end is inspired by the Toyota Mirai

Why Hyundai why! You doing well with your bigger cars so we know you can design. For the Chinese market this quirky design probably works. Dont bring this to India, or you ll only be selling hatchbacks in this country.

Mod Note : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum. We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further. Request to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Google Mandarin to English translation of the news page :uncontrol

Quote:

Appearance changes greatly exposed Beijing Hyundai new acceptance report

Recently, we obtained the declaration form of Beijing Hyundai New Acceptance from the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology . The car has a large change in appearance. It adopts a design language that is more in line with the current popular elements. It is equipped with a 1.4L naturally aspirated engine with a maximum power of 100 hp.

In terms of appearance, the new car is different from Beijing Hyundai's latest Fiesta and the new Shengda's design language. The front part adopts an inverted trapezoidal grille, and the two sides match the brand new headlight group, and the interior is filled with a matrix of lamp beads. Below is the area of ​​the fog light that is more aggressive.

On the side of the car, the new car uses a richer line to outline the sport. In the rear part, the new car adopts a through-type taillight design, and the lighting effect can be expected. In addition, the new car has a raised area on each side of the rear of the car, giving a sense of individuality. In terms of body size, the new car has a length and height of 4,405/1720/1455mm and a wheelbase of 2,600 mm.

In terms of configuration, the new car will vary depending on the version of the front fog light, skylight, exterior mirror turn signal, window chrome plating, rim style, grille style, etc. In terms of power, the new car is powered by a 1.4-liter naturally aspirated engine of the G4LC with a maximum power of 100 hp (73.3 kW). For more information, we will continue to pay attention.

Quote:

Originally Posted by volkman10 (Post 4622840)
As seen in the past with the iX25, now its the quirky design for the Verna in China.

Did they hire some guy animation studios? Looks like pokemon from front.stupid:

Back reminds me of hector.

Tail-lamp wouldn't look this bad if they haven't over designed the rear bumper. Hyundai needs to keep things simple, 2020 Creta too was disliked by many here.

Please tell me this a mock rendering by someone on the internet. The front is somehow 'digestible' but the rear, ughh!! I physically cringed.:Frustrati
Looks like instead of tweaking the design, they just sent the current Verna to Chernobyl for testing.
Hey Hyundai, here's your tagline - The all new revolting Verna.

Looks like Hyundai going Toyota/Lexus way. I think oversized grills is the next thing in automobile design, after slim headlights, edgy lines & swoopy forms.

The front looks ok, the rear looks ugly. I think the late 2018/19 facelift is much more sexier compared to this. The same goes for the Elantra and it latest upgrade whose rear looks ugly too, IMHO.

Might as well call it "Hideousa" instead of Hyundai Verna. I am quite sure this is a China specific model and won't make it to our shores.

From BMW to Hyundai every one seems to be wooing the Chinese and their penchant for hideously designed cars. Verna looks down right UGLY and Oh the alloys they must be the worst alloy wheel design ever!

Why the gaping mouth design with squinting headlights for all the recent launches and the extra large dosage of chrome? Is it due to the fact that more cars have LED headlights which means that they need not be as large as the previous Reflector designs?

Looks like an inspiration from the new Civic.

No pun intended: a couple of excerpts from tamil comedies

Decorated Front Design
Name:  ScarceOrganicCanadagoosesize_restricted.gif
Views: 4644
Size:  2.91 MB

Wide Bottom Tapered Rear
Name:  _xzkXI.gif
Views: 4227
Size:  1.99 MB

funny and they call this a futuristic design :Frustrati, the tail is like someone pulled a red rubber band all the way from front and tied it right below the hyundai logo at the back, as if verna is a gift for the customer.

now the showroom guys don't have to put a red tape during the delivery ceremony, nice cost cutting strategy.rl:

For the sake of the rest of the world, I sincerely hope the Chinese improve their design preferences.

Car and grill designs in particular are getting unpalatable in the name of, "China likes them. DOT".