Team-BHP - 2020 Hyundai Verna facelift spotted in China
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The International Automotive Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/)
-   -   2020 Hyundai Verna facelift spotted in China (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/211230-2020-hyundai-verna-facelift-spotted-china-4.html)

The tail lights remind me of a (in)famous hybrid car in the US which people love thrashing.

Am I the only one who likes the front of the car?

This looks extremely overdone and hideous! The current Verna does its part with elegance and poise. I wonder what's made Hyundai to go with massive grilles. The new second gen Creta too looks hideous!

GTO: Hyundai will launch only good looking customised versions for India
Hyundai Xcent: Am I a joke to you? :D

On a serious note, if Hyundai can launch the refreshed Elantra in the US market (which also has cars like the gorgeous Mazda 3), I truly believe they can do anything.

Such wierd designs reminds me of Hero Motocop what they did to Karizma in 2013.

Good design elements...:uncontrol:uncontrol

2020 Hyundai Verna facelift spotted in China-intro1529956593.jpg

Wow!

This is just too much of trying to look different. That rear end is an eyesore.
The one which once looked the best in the segment will be the worst. Next generation City is going to take the top position in the looks I guess.

Quote:

Originally Posted by landcruiser123 (Post 4623979)
The tail lights remind me of a (in)famous hybrid car in the US which people love thrashing.

Am I the only one who likes the front of the car?

Front is just ok to me. Too many straight lines overall and in the headlights. Compared to the rear, the front looks gorgeous. 😁

Sure is ugly. The new ix25 is like a refreshed for 2020 Pontiac Aztec.

1. Hyundai will definitely not launch in India with tyese looks. They are too clever for that.

2. Hyundai needs a good crack at the Chinese market and these will sell well considering Chinese do have a taste for weirdly proportioned cars and designs

3. Even if Hyundai does the unthinkable and launch mildly altered versions of these cars in India, they will probable sell more than what we would imagine.

Wonder how the to be launched Grand i10 looks. Anybody got revealing spy pics or good renders of that.

Have seen that type of taillight design on a couple of cars in China during my last visit. This design will certainly work there.

Seriously, looks a model brought out half baked. We are in an era where finesse and elegance is key and this is taking it backwards.

It was just this morning that I spotted a black Verna parked next to my spot in the office parking, I really like the way the new Verna looks and it looked even better in black and then comes this shocker.

Nearly spilt my coffee on me on seeing these pictures, I pray to god that Hyundai has the sense to not bring this to India?

Also, whats with the Chinese kink of liking their cars ugly?

The New Verna again!

2020 Hyundai Verna facelift spotted in China-1564905834527.jpg

2020 Hyundai Verna facelift spotted in China-1564905835293.jpg

2020 Hyundai Verna facelift spotted in China-1564905835593.jpg

2020 Hyundai Verna facelift spotted in China-1564905832943.jpg

Link

Quote:

Attachment 1902968
Those alloys are hideous !:Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by gargashwin06 (Post 4633647)
Those alloys are hideous !:Frustrati

They seem to be Hyundai's new design trend. Somewhat similar to the ones on the Venue.

2020 Hyundai Verna facelift spotted in China-venue.jpg

Image source : Google images

Hyundai Verna facelift leaked ahead of debut

Images of the Hyundai Verna facelift have surfaced online ahead of its official debut scheduled for the Chengdu Motor Show. It is expected to be launched in India in the second half of next year.

2020 Hyundai Verna facelift spotted in China-verna1.jpg

As per the leaked images, the new Verna is expected to get a redesigned grille with silver slats and new, wraparound headlamps. The front bumper has also been reworked and features a silver insert. The car has blacked-out B-pillars and ORVMs with integrated turn signals.

2020 Hyundai Verna facelift spotted in China-verna2.jpg

At the rear, the new Verna gets wraparound tail lights with a light bar that stretches across the tail gate. The dual-tone rear bumper has a silver insert with a fog lamp in the centre and diamond-shaped reflectors on either side. The car is sporting new dual-tone alloy wheels as well.

2020 Hyundai Verna facelift spotted in China-verna3.jpg

Reports suggest that the updated Verna could be offered with new, BS-VI compliant 1.5-litre petrol and diesel engines. Hyundai is also likely to offer a 48V hybrid system paired to the petrol engine on the new Verna.

2020 Hyundai Verna facelift spotted in China-verna4.jpg

Source: Chezhan.xcar

Link to Team-BHP News