Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2022, 13:39   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: New-gen Skoda Fabia globally unveiled; larger, more powerful and efficient

Skoda Auto has released official design sketches of the new Fabia Monte Carlo.

Quote:
The frame of the ŠKODA grille features the same black finish as the spoiler lip on the exclusive front apron, which is characterised by a large air intake.
New-gen Skoda Fabia globally unveiled; larger, more powerful and efficient-smartselect_20220202133745_chrome.jpg

Quote:
The diffuser in the sporty rear apron and the lettering on the tailgate are also finished in black, as are the exterior mirror caps, the window frames, the side skirts and the rear spoiler; the wings feature MONTE CARLO badges.
New-gen Skoda Fabia globally unveiled; larger, more powerful and efficient-smartselect_20220202133755_chrome.jpg

Quote:
The interior is predominantly black. The height-adjustable sports seats benefit from integrated headrests, while the 3-spoke multifunction sports steering wheel bears the MONTE CARLO badge.
New-gen Skoda Fabia globally unveiled; larger, more powerful and efficient-smartselect_20220202133803_chrome.jpg

Quote:
The leather trims for the steering wheel rim as well as the handbrake and gear stick feature black stitching. Stylish red accents appear on the seat covers and the horizontal dashboard trim, on the centre console and on the bold door handles. Carbon-style elements accentuate the armrests of the front doors and the lower part of the instrument panel.
Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 2nd February 2022 at 13:45.
Old 8th February 2022, 14:24   #32
Senior - BHPian

New Skoda Fabia Monte Carlo will be launched on 15th February.

New-gen Skoda Fabia globally unveiled; larger, more powerful and efficient-montecarlo_logo1440x960.jpg

Source
Old 15th February 2022, 12:52   #33
Senior - BHPian

Skoda has unveiled the Fabia Monte Carlo Edition.

The Monte Carlo offers a choice of two engines:

- 1.0-litre petrol delivering 108bhp and a 0-62mph in 9.9sec or
- a more powerful 1.5-litre turbo petrol delivering 148bhp and a 0-62mph time of 8.0sec.

- Both engines can be selected with a seven-speed automatic gearbox, while a six-speed manual is reserved for the 1.0-litre engine only.

- It’s the first time this 1.5-litre engine, used in several Skoda models including the Kamiq, Octavia and Scala, has appeared on the Fabia.

New-gen Skoda Fabia globally unveiled; larger, more powerful and efficient-montecarlo_34front02.jpg

Fabia Monte Carlo is fitted with a black front grille and a new front apron with wider air intakes. The rear diffuser, side skirts and window surrounds are finished in black and the Monte Carlo badge is emblazoned on each wing.

New-gen Skoda Fabia globally unveiled; larger, more powerful and efficient-montecarlo_34rear.jpg

The Monte Carlo is also equipped with 17in wheels, with larger 18in wheels available as an option.

New-gen Skoda Fabia globally unveiled; larger, more powerful and efficient-montecarlo_side.jpg

New-gen Skoda Fabia globally unveiled; larger, more powerful and efficient-fabia_mc_2423.jpg

Inside, the Monte Carlo gains sports seats with a theme of black and red, a decorative strip across the dashboard, carbonfibre-effect trim and contrasting stitching.

An 8.0in infotainment touchscreen is standard (upgradable to a 9.2in unit) with smartphone connectivity, as is Skoda’s Virtual Cockpit display.

New-gen Skoda Fabia globally unveiled; larger, more powerful and efficient-montecarlo_dashboard.jpg

New-gen Skoda Fabia globally unveiled; larger, more powerful and efficient-montecarlo_seats_front.jpg

New-gen Skoda Fabia globally unveiled; larger, more powerful and efficient-montecarlo_seats_rear.jpg

Skoda introduced the Monte Carlo badge 11 years ago on the second-generation Fabia.

Skoda is yet to reveal pricing, but the first deliveries will come in late May.

Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 15th February 2022 at 13:00.
Venkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2022, 21:14   #34
Senior - BHPian

2022 Skoda Fabia Monte Carlo priced from £20,925 for the entry-level 1.0-litre manual.

The more powerful 1.5-litre model commands a slight premium at £23,765.

New-gen Skoda Fabia globally unveiled; larger, more powerful and efficient-fabia_mc_2681.jpg

Source
Old 12th December 2022, 13:54   #35
BHPian

Is there any news on Fabia launch from Skoda India? There were multiple unofficial statements about Fabia launch in Dec 2022, but it doesn't look like launch is imminent, given absolute silence from Skoda on Fabia.

There are hardly any options if one is keen to purchase a premium hatch with budget of 8-14L and doesn't want to go with Maruti, Hyundai or Tata.
Old 23rd December 2022, 12:11   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acharya View Post
Is there any news on Fabia launch from Skoda India? There were multiple unofficial statements about Fabia launch in Dec 2022, but it doesn't look like launch is imminent, given absolute silence from Skoda on Fabia.

There are hardly any options if one is keen to purchase a premium hatch with budget of 8-14L and doesn't want to go with Maruti, Hyundai or Tata.
Unlikely, its a price complication. They have slavia at a lower price point and very few takers for a premium hatch in India.

Baleno RS - dead
Polo GT tsi - dead
Fabia - died in 2013
Merc A class - dead
Toyota - no offerings (no Yaris GR for india)
Honda - no offerings (jazz is not a hot hatch)
Mahindra - no offerings
Hyundai - i20 N line is barely selling
Kia - nothing
Renault - nothing

Its not the car, its perception. A 6-8L Amaze or Dzire is a ‘lambi’ car hiking those society status points.
BNG-motorhead is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2022, 22:45   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNG-motorhead View Post
Unlikely, its a price complication. They have slavia at a lower price point and very few takers for a premium hatch in India.

Baleno RS - dead
Polo GT tsi - dead
Fabia - died in 2013
Merc A class - dead
Toyota - no offerings (no Yaris GR for india)
Honda - no offerings (jazz is not a hot hatch)
Mahindra - no offerings
Hyundai - i20 N line is barely selling
Kia - nothing
Renault - nothing

Its not the car, its perception. A 6-8L Amaze or Dzire is a ‘lambi’ car hiking those society status points.
I have a different perception though. So far none of the cars mentioned above were priced reasonably (even if it is expensive by a lakh or 2).

Baleno RS - dead (Baleno with no safety at all cannot be considered even in the normal trim. As a Bhpian, even though I appreciate the mechanicals, I will never buy a Baleno - a tin can, let alone a Baleno RS.
Polo GT tsi - dead - It is Polo GTI (not GT TSI). It was a 2 door hatch and sold for approx. 30L which is not a price bracket even if it is a hot hatch. (For reference, the last gen Octavia vRS was sold out).
Fabia - died in 2013 - Fabia was not a hot hatch. Skoda's brand perception that time was totally different compared to now.
Merc A class - dead (Spending >40L for a Merc in a hatch back form? India is not Germany or any other European country. Even today, luxury brands are a status in India).
Toyota - no offerings (no Yaris GR for india) - Toyota never had any plans.
Honda - no offerings (jazz is not a hot hatch) - Honda is worse than Toyota.
Mahindra - no offerings - It is a brand for SUV's. Not a sedan/hatch back company.
Hyundai - i20 N line is barely selling - The i20 that we get here is not a hot hatch. If I want a hot-hatch, I would be ready to pay an additional 3-4 lakhs for a proper N-line car.
Kia - nothing
Renault - nothing

The only sensible hot hatch that comes to my mind is the Punto Abarth. Unfortunately, it was a brand failure for Fiat and not a model failure.

So, is Indian open to hot hatches - I would say YES. But it depends on what and how much is it.
Old 23rd December 2022, 23:21   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is there any news on Fabia launch from Skoda India?
Both Skoda Fabia and VW Polo will not be launched in India anytime.

Since both cars are over 4 meter in length and do not get lower tax benefit.

Resulting in higher price making them unaffordable in the hatchback segment.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2022, 06:17   #39
BHPian

It’s both disappointing and unfortunate, the most suitable car type for Indian cities (small premium hatch) is slowly getting killed due to the mad rush to C SUV or so called Lambi Car ( sub 4m).

In my humble opinion the actual need for high ground clearance is overstated and oversold in C SUV. (I can say this after having moved from XUV to Octavia)

In the end, market gets what majority demands.

I really hope one of the car makers buck the trend and launch a competent premium hatch.

Last edited by Acharya : 24th December 2022 at 06:19.
Acharya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2022, 10:23   #40
BHPian

Quote:
It’s both disappointing and unfortunate, the most suitable car type for Indian cities (small premium hatch) is slowly getting killed due to the mad rush to C SUV or so called Lambi Car ( sub 4m).
Cannot agree more with this statement. It really frustrates me that the premium hatch isn't more prevalent an option for India. Considering how space constrained we are in terms of roads and parking, all the car you need for Most users has the footprint of a hatch. And all I'd hope for then is a fully loaded one with all the creature comforts and premium build quality. Personally I'd gladly stump for something like a Golf in the 20L range but as another poster has pointed out, it's insulting that the very next step is paying an extortionate 40L or so for the likes of an A class or Mini.

I'm sure there's a sizeable minority in urban India willing to go for this premium hatch segment still.
ads11 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2023, 10:56   #41

Are we not considering the Toyota Etios Liva TRD Sportivo Petrol as a hot hatch?
I agree it is dead but shouldn't it even be mentioned in the list?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks