Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2021, 14:02   #31
BHPian

Re: Watch a failed cash-in-transit robbery attempt

My God ! What a reaction.
Can't imagine what would have happened if the guy's roles would have been reversed.

Quite a thriller. The last few seconds, when he exits the vehicle with the gun, is something very Bollywood filmy. Just imagining the whole scene with Akshay Kumar and Saif Ali Khan in the 90s .
Drive Head is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th May 2021, 14:21   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JourneyMan View Post
Imagine, if it were to happen in India! The car would in all probabilities will be a Bolero, for bulletproof windows we would have stone resisting mesh, for the gun it would be a .303 and forget the bulletproof vest, our policemen don't get it. And for training the thing is that these guys are mostly retired Army personnel (that is for the guards, probably not for the driver) and it stops at that. So in all possibilities, the loot materializes with loss of life(s).
Most likely the robbers would also have no firearms, or maybe desi katta at best in some geographies.
Definitely not Audis for chasing unless they stole one recently, in which case again, they'll probably make more money dismantling & selling off the Audi for parts than trying to rob!!! LOL
aashishnb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2021, 00:31   #33
BHPian

The bravery of the men apart, the Toyota has this habit of landing itself in situations where it also comes out as a hero. When watching the reviews of this video by security experts from around the globe, got to know that there is a war in Toyota name. Its an interesting read.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_War
AJITHAAA is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2021, 19:49   #34
BANNED

And the complete dash cam footage of the incident has also been released, and I am sure that the more you guys watch it, the more you are going to appreciate this 'gentleman', and yes, I am sure that you are gonna watch it multiple times too! Once he felt that the other party has decided to give up, he followed and hit their car. Total badass!

Rest, I want to know more about Roby and Josh!

Last edited by VKumar : 22nd May 2021 at 19:54.
VKumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2021, 21:00   #35
BHPian

Here is the Gentleman's one on one interview about the failed heist:

Old 13th June 2021, 01:16   #36
BHPian

Update:

The company which made the armored Landcruiser gives a ballistic analysis of whats and hows, that happened to the vehicle. Interesting part starts from 10:00.

carthick1000 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th June 2021, 04:33   #37
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by carthick1000 View Post
Update:

The company which made the armored Landcruiser gives a ballistic analysis of whats and hows, that happened to the vehicle. Interesting part starts from 10:00.

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=4EEIXFr1bBg
Awesome video. I just saw 10:00 on first.

Two points:

1. I wonder how many rounds it can take at the same or similar spot before it give up - the windshield.

2. Seems like if the front windshield gets a spray of bullets, the attackers can actually render that glass significantly opaque thereby hampering the driver’s vision to evade and drive effectively.

Still, this thread has been an eye opener on armoured vehicles.
Axe77 is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks