Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2022, 17:22   #46
BHPian

Re: Next-gen Ford Endeavour spotted testing in Australia; to debut by late-2021

The new one looks and feels tough enough to crush the Fortuner which is simply overpriced and no alternative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
This would have been an brilliant alternative to have in the 40-50L bracket. Ford seriously lacked the right leadership and focus for this market and ended up shutting shop. Its chief competitor, the Toyota, have similar offerings and have managed to stick around for much longer than Ford and show no sign of slowing down. Even Skoda which has a huge love/hate relationship with the customers have managed to stick around.
In India, Ford doesn't want to compromise on quality like the VAG group.
The Skoda/VW that we get here below 20 lakhs is not a true blue Skoda - they are heavily compromised on build, performance, driving dynamics. While Toyota is overpriced, its brand perception in India is totally different compared to Ford.

Needless to say that I personally miss Ford and of course this heaven of a product - Endeavour. The cost will definitely be upwards of 60L if it comes as a CBU, which I think is not justified. Probably a V6/Biturbo will make sense when it comes via CBU.
Livnletcarsliv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2022, 17:56   #47
Senior - BHPian

Lots of speculation on this new gen endeavour coming to our markets as a CBU only model. I wish we had something more than just rumours to go through because I need an SUV and I'm very confused as to whether or not I should buy a pre-owned endeavour before this releases.
Cresterk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2022, 18:10   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
Lots of speculation on this new gen endeavour coming to our markets as a CBU only model. I wish we had something more than just rumours to go through because I need an SUV and I'm very confused as to whether or not I should buy a pre-owned endeavour before this releases.
CBU only avatar of Everest as Endeavor will cost a bomb. With Ford closing its shop, it doesn't make much sense to buy one. Active participation in the local auto market by any OEM is needed to plonk in your 50+L. Endeavor is a very good vehicle. But, I would still buy an SUV from OEMs having their service center in India (I'm not even worried if its not in my city).
shashi792 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2022, 18:59   #49
BHPian

Looks imposing and could have been worthy competition for Fortuner. The only concern seem to be all touchscreen controls, not sure if there would be any model with physical controls. I personally dont like this trend of moving away from physical controls for key functions. But anyway we dont have to worry since it won't be launched in India, sour grapes

Last edited by ScorpWarp : 1st March 2022 at 19:02.
Old 1st March 2022, 21:39   #50
Senior - BHPian

This version of Endeavour, would’ve seriously pushed Toyota to their limits in offering competitive pricing and making Fortuner even better. I don’t think we will have a SUV that will go head on with the mighty Fortuner like the Endeavour did during its run in India! I can’t stop drooling at the pics!
gururajrv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2022, 21:42   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
Not likely to launch in India.

Quote:
Ford is unlikely to introduce the all-new Everest (Endeavour) in the Indian market, given that it has wound down manufacturing operations in the country. However, the American carmaker is expected to continue selling fully imported, high-end models like the Mustang Mach-e SUV and the Mustang muscle car, among others.
Link
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2022, 22:53   #52
BHPian

OMG what a beauty. Being a Compass owner I can say with conviction if this lad had put its footsteps in India, FCA would have shut down instead of Ford.
Old 2nd March 2022, 09:03   #53
BHPian

Lots of good design ques for a clean and matured SUV look but it lacks the macho styling of the previous gen. Also, there are lots of Expedition vibe (rear design, steering wheel area) to this new generation which personally I do not like much. Rugged feel is lost over all. Could ever be imported, this will end up more than 50 lakhs in India, which is the category Ford is targeting, and avoid competing with rugged, reliable, industrial work horse Fortuner.
Old 2nd March 2022, 11:17   #54
BHPian

To me it looks like Ford has built a Chinese car. Its no more macho and it looks like the Indian politician flaunting his economic status wearing huge gold chains and rings. The new grill with those c shaped DRL in the front, the tail lights in the rear and the ugly large tablet as infotainment screen reminds me of MG Hector. May be just me but it definitely doesn't look like a Ford except for the form that it carries over from the earlier gen Everest.
Jude300 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks