Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2022, 09:08   #106
BHPian

re: Hyundai Creta Facelift | Bookings now open in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
Are you in a hurry to get a car or can wait for few months for the facelift. Pricing would be on slightly higher side for the facelift vs 2022 model, are you ok with that?

Depending on these factors, you can decide.
I can wait a few months, but am a bit scared of long waiting period for the new model and multiple price hikes within that period. I don't see myself spending 24L+(OTR) on a Creta.
Old 31st December 2022, 10:51   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadkhan View Post
I can wait a few months, but am a bit scared of long waiting period for the new model and multiple price hikes within that period. I don't see myself spending 24L+(OTR) on a Creta.
You can have a word with the dealer to put you in priority waiting list for the facelift model. I did the same in 2020 when the new one was about to be launched and the SA had taken my advance booking ( unofficial list maintened by the dealer).
Price hike is inevitable and also unpredictable. Treat it as a premium you are paying for facelift model and your peace of mind.
Aviator_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2023, 14:22   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadkhan View Post
I am so torn between the choice for current vs facelifted model. 2 dealers in Mumbai have top end 1.4 DCT readily available, which is making the decision even harder.
Suggestions?

Wait for the facelift.

The 1.4 turbo is not BS6-II complaint and will be phased out from April 2023.

Hyundai will replace it with a more powerful 160 hp version (which may also have mild hybrid for improved fuel efficiency).

Source:
https://gaadiwaadi.com/2023-hyundai-...gine-in-india/
Old 15th January 2023, 12:34   #109
BHPian

https://www.indiatoday.in/auto/cars/...133-2023-01-13

Contrary to the rumors, no creta facelift until the end of this year, confirmed by Hyundai's COO - Tarun Garg.
His quote below.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Creta Facelift | Bookings now open in India-img_20230115_123316.jpg  

tiagoatrix is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th January 2023, 16:08   #110

Makes perfect sense, International version is 5 star rated, they need to engineer to minimize input cost and make it a 2-3 star rated for Indian market.
designatedriver is offline   (89) Thanks
Old 20th January 2023, 16:32   #111
BHPian

Completely concur with the timeline. They need at least an year to cut corners on safety, add more gizmos that will be blind the general public, and test a less stable product that will just fly past our weak laws.

Last edited by Abhikumar629 : 20th January 2023 at 16:34. Reason: Missed a few points
Abhikumar629 is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 20th January 2023, 20:02   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by designatedriver View Post
Makes perfect sense, International version is 5 star rated, they need to engineer to minimize input cost and make it a 2-3 star rated for Indian market.
Hyundai is not going to wait that much, to improve on safety rating, rather what I hear from my sources is that sooner there will be an RDE Compliant [May be E20 as well] Creta Soft-Launch which would also have feature standardization like 6 Air Bags, High TPMS, ISG etc right from the lowest variant "E" and it will push the current model rating to 4 Star as per an internal assessment.

I would say they are still late, since their sibling Seltos already enhanced safety features in Aug last year.

Also, the facelift of Current Gen was always planned for Jan'24 launch, they just owned it today. And it won't carry much changes on the structural front but more to do on exterior, powertrains [1.5 Turbo], ADAS etc.

Hope it helps!!
Motorhead23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2023, 00:06   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorhead23 View Post
and it will push the current model rating to 4 Star as per an internal assessment.

And it won't carry much changes on the structural front but more to do on exterior, powertrains [1.5 Turbo], ADAS etc.
I don't understand: when you say there are no structural changes, do you mean that there will be structural changes for the 'soft update' but then nothing further for the facelift, or do you mean there will be no structural changes at all compared to the existing Creta? Because based on the April 2022 GNCAP result, the existing Creta's frontal impact score is so bad that even if it scores maximum points in the side impact, it will not score four stars with the new protocols. So adding side airbags alone would not increase the rating to four stars: it would certainly need better controlled pedal intrusion.

Last edited by ron178 : 22nd January 2023 at 00:09.
ron178 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2023, 00:27   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron178 View Post
do you mean there will be no structural changes at all compared to the existing Creta? .
When I say structural change, I am referring to the White Body Shell which ain't changing as of now.
It is bound to change with the next model slated for 2026 launch .

For the GNCAP rating what I remember is the last time Indian Spec Creta which was crashed was a lower trim whereas the recent Indonesian Spec being tested was a Top End trim having 6 airbags , all disc brakes and other electronics. With the upcoming soft update Indian spec will also see some of the features which will help it to achieve a higher Star rating.
Old 22nd January 2023, 11:18   #115
Senior - BHPian

Let us be clear as daylight on this GNCAP rating vs Safety issue. There is NO perceptible impact on vehicle sales. The GNCAP campaign has been on for 5 years and there was enough time for people to learn and digest the facts, and make choices. The fact that MSIL, Hyundai et al sell majority of their vehicles which are assessed and perceived to be unsafe, bears this out. I think unless cars sold in India "pass" or "fail" the set standards, the discussion on conformance to higher GNCAP standards is pretty much moot. They will sell what customers need, a car with good performance, comfort and features.

Last edited by fhdowntheline : 22nd January 2023 at 11:19.
Old 1st February 2023, 15:46   #116
Senior - BHPian

Here's what's new in the 2023 Hyundai Creta: features & engines

The Hyundai Creta facelift isn’t coming to India anytime soon, but that doesn’t mean that the popular SUV won’t receive an update for the 2023 model year.

Hyundai Creta Facelift | Bookings now open in India-2020hyundaicreta06-2.jpg

While the 2023 Creta will not sport the Tucson-inspired exterior design, it will be equipped with several new features and safety systems. It is said that 6 airbags, ESC, VSM, HAC and height-adjustable front seat belts will be standard across all variants. The SUV will also get ISOFIX and a 60:40 split rear seat. The most notable change though would be the introduction of rear disc brakes and Idle Start / Stop.

Hyundai will be launching the Creta with RDE-compliant engines. The updated 1.5-litre petrol engine will also be E20 fuel ready.

At present, the Creta is available with a 1.5-litre naturally aspirated petrol engine that makes 113 BHP @ 6,300 rpm and 143.8 Nm @ 4,500 rpm. It is paired with a 6-speed manual and iVT. The SUV also comes with a 1.5-litre diesel engine that puts out 113 BHP @ 4,000 rpm and 250 Nm @ 1,500-2,750 rpm. Customers get a choice of a 6-speed manual or a 6-speed automatic with the oil burner.

The changes that are being made to the engines could affect their overall output.

Thanks to BHPian Dextor for sharing this information with other enthusiasts!

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by GTO : 1st February 2023 at 18:50.
TusharK is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 1st February 2023, 21:58   #117
BHPian

Re: Here's what's new in the 2023 Hyundai Creta: features & engines

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post

Hyundai will be launching the Creta with RDE-compliant engines. The updated 1.5-litre petrol engine will also be E20 fuel ready.

At present, the Creta is available with a 1.5-litre naturally aspirated petrol engine that makes 113 BHP @ 6,300 rpm and 143.8 Nm @ 4,500 rpm. It is paired with a 6-speed manual and iVT. The SUV also comes with a 1.5-litre diesel engine that puts out 113 BHP @ 4,000 rpm and 250 Nm @ 1,500-2,750 rpm. Customers get a choice of a 6-speed manual or a 6-speed automatic with the oil burner.

[/b]
Does this mean the 1.4 Turbo Petrol is being discontinued? Only 2 engine options for the time being?
Old 2nd February 2023, 12:28   #118
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Model Year 2023 SUV Range Now Comes with Reinforced Advanced Safety & Convenience Features.

Hyundai Creta Facelift | Bookings now open in India-20230202_122618.jpg

Hyundai has fortified CRETA with the following Key Standard safety equipment:

6 Airbags (Driver, Passenger, Side & Curtain)
Electronic Stability Control (ESC)

Vehicle Stability Management (VSM)

Hill-Start Assist Control (HAC)

Rear Disc Brakes

Seatbelt Height Adjustment

ISOFIX

Last edited by Venkatesh : 2nd February 2023 at 12:33.
Old 2nd February 2023, 12:55   #119
BHPian

Re: Here's what's new in the 2023 Hyundai Creta: features & engines

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulcmoulee View Post
Does this mean the 1.4 Turbo Petrol is being discontinued? Only 2 engine options for the time being?
Yes, see this from the latest Creta brochure.
Hyundai Creta Facelift | Bookings now open in India-screenshot-20230202-12.54.59-pm.png
automowheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2023, 18:49   #120
Senior - BHPian

I thought ADAS was going to be a part of this 1.5L turbo update. Surprising to see both turbo and the rumoured ADAS tech missing.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks