Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2022, 18:50   #31
BHPian

Re: EU approves effective ban on new fossil fuel cars from 2035

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKC-auto View Post
Toyota sold 10 Mirai in Aug, 7 Mirais in Sept in California which has some 56 fuelling stations.
Not just underwhelming sales: if this article is to be believed, Toyota is selling them at a loss.https://autos.yahoo.com/news/much-mo...140025416.html
If Toyota is to take this route, not many OEMs will be interested.
Nikhil Beke is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2022, 19:47   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKC-auto View Post
Panasonic is not a Chinese company, Tesla also buys batteries from LG and Samsung, they use for their battery storage products.
I never said Panasonic is Chinese. I said, only few hold the technology needed.

Quote:
This whole thread is about ditching ICE vehicles, we are still in the early adopter stage in India, don't be shocked if EVs will be more than 50% of new cars in Europe and China in 2 years.
There is nothing to shock. If its cheaper, i would be one of the beneficiary.

Quote:
The above calculation is based on 7*7*30+30*15*3 = 2820km/month.
Personal consumption will increase, but not all people plug in at the same time, 90% of cars are parked 90% of the times, so your initial 7-10x production increase is wrong. Get few solar panels on your roof, it will cover all your electricity costs.
That's a hypothetical number. it could be a bit off, but that would give a range.

Quote:
That 40% loss is under extreme cold temperatures according to the article, in Indian context it may be 10%.

If Hydrogen fuel cell cars are 3x less efficient than EVs, Hydrogen ICE cars are even worse, see video below.

You did not tell us why Hydrogen is the future, I am wondering how you accepted Hydrogen will have any future over EVs.
I tried to answer, but it appears you are not satisfied with the answers.

The worlds largest Toyota thinks, EV's are one way to propel a car.
https://fortune.com/2022/10/02/toyot...f-powertrains/

You seem to be learning a lot from Youtube. Why dont you listen to Toyoda? i don't think, he made a vague comment without cross checking the whole supply chain, future availability & cost feasibility.

Even Tesla announced, it would be moving out of Lithium ion batteries earlier. Now, they want to invest in mining. Still lot of unknowns.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/danrunk...h=172082241a44

I wonder why? You can forever build a electric vehicle, but the cost will continue to move up. You need stability in pricing.

Why Hydrogen? I never said, its the only solution nor i said, its the only future. At this point, i don't understand why i am being questioned? If you have courage & intent to learn, you would have the answer. Please explore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wocanak View Post
But we don't have 1 car plus 1 bike per capita, so 3860 is not correct.

(800*1.3+(0.3*0.25)*(12*7*30)+(0.3*0.75)*(12*15*3) )/1.3 = ~1039.

So it increases from 800 to 1039. Cars do 200 km on 30 units and two wheelers do ~70km on 3 units, as per your figures this will be 16,800 km per year for car and 12,600 km per year for bikes. This is quite high, if we assume a more reasonable 12,000 km for car and 6,000 for bike, the revised number would be:

(800*1.3+(0.3*0.25)*(12*5*30)+(0.3*0.75)*(12*8*3))/1.3 = ~954

i.e. about 20% increase.
Please check our wiki for power.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Energy_in_India

If we doubled our consumption in the last 2 decades, are we going to just go up by 20% after electrifying all automotives? Yes, there are many reasons. But the 20% number might not be accurate.
You expect to manufacture everything here, drones delivery, atma nirbhar bharat and all the hoopla of chip making and you expect power consumption to be ~20% up? Wow!
Mustang_Boss is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st November 2022, 05:25   #33
BANNED

As long as the EU is neutered from production of EVs in their own soil, this propaganda will get forwarded. Once EU starts indigenous EV production, another tech will get shipped-in and get egged on for urgent implementation for world-savings by these sacred brood of yacht and airplane using elites.

They will get corrected in their fallacies in event of an Ukraine like situation. After the Ukraine war, the propaganda against indigenous nuclear reactors weakened overnight in the EU nations. The same will happen when China begins to flex its muscles against those who are completely reliant on it for products and politicised ideas too.

It is with laughable ease that the EU is able to delude its populace in to neutering themselves while hogging on the chinese goods which cause more pollution in manufacturing (china causes a third of world pollution, might be worse)and then get shipped in by ships, of whom the biggest 15 amongst the 5,000+ ships emit more Co2 than all the cars in the world put together.

The chinese propaganda relies heavily on the grip the so-called 'educated' elites have on the masses. It will wane when they run of food to feed them.
Attached Images

Last edited by COMMUTER : 1st November 2022 at 05:38.
COMMUTER is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st November 2022, 08:17   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMMUTER View Post
As long as the EU is neutered from production of EVs in their own soil, this propaganda will get forwarded.
Umm... they already are. Tesla has a gigafactory in Germany which for sure will expand and VW is converting their erstwhile factories making ICE vehicles to EV's. BMW and Porsche are also going ahead doing the same. A simple google search would have told you so.

The rest is not worth replying to.
extreme_torque is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st November 2022, 11:22   #35
Senior - BHPian

If the world is going to EV then hopefully the technology gets upgraded fast to provide the same convenience of an IC car which means quick hassle-free refueling, no range anxiety and an ability to drive where one wants. I don't want to be driving in a government mandated Nexon at 60kmph with windows down in 40 degree heat because the next charger is 100 kms away
Old 2nd November 2022, 00:23   #36
BHPian

I'm not an automobile engineer but what I understand is when car has high milage and age, cylinder/piston wear out. Compression becomes weak thereby combustion is not perfect that leads to pollution. Also blow-by increases that add to additional pollution.

So, by renovating half engine (cylinder and piston) can we solve this problem?

after reading following book, I'm fully convinced that global warming/climate change is due to some other major factors and domestic cars have minimum roll in that.
Attached Thumbnails
EU approves effective ban on new fossil fuel cars from 2035-img_0647.jpg  

Last edited by IP_Man : 2nd November 2022 at 00:33.
Old 21st February 2023, 20:02   #37
BHPian

EU ban on ICE engines to take effect from 2035

After months of uncertainty, we finally have an official deadline leading to a full stop on the sale of cars and trucks which emit carbon dioxide, aka petrol, diesel and even gas vehicles. This deadline is now 2035.

While the sale of new ICE vehicles would not be possible after 2035, it would continue to remain to be legal to own and operate these cars, so technically, we could continue to have ICE vehicles, and by extension, for those of you who are manual transmission fans, cars with manual transmissions, on the road well into the year 2045, if not even later.

Manual transmission cars will continue to get fewer, but they'll also continue to remain cheaper to procure, no matter whether one buys new or used. Countries like UK and many European countries continue to have a brisk demand for manual transmissions, despite the rising popularity of automatic transmissions.

I'm just glad that I decided to take the trouble and added expense of more driving lessons in order to get myself an unrestricted driver's license that allows me to drive both automatic and manual cars, as I now know that manuals aren't disappearing anytime soon!

https://www.theverge.com/2023/2/14/2...-vans-2035-law
supermax is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks