Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2008, 18:07   #31
BHPian

well! Its pretty sad That M&M does not offer rigid looking macho jeep to its enthusiasts anymore. and for all you know they are offering a major for 5.6 laks on road price and then if we want to we can shell close to 2 laks to convert it into a wanna be classic? What does M&M think? That we are crazy and will take us for a ride? Why not come out with a small chasis jeep, for all you know and everyones woes here will be solved.
Now all we have left on roads are a few classics that are finding it hard to survive, and everyone wants to own them, a few rusting mm540's that have become substitutes for classics and are in the buyers radar now. and a few CJ3B's that are modified into classics.
I was searching on the web and came across a few chinese made 800cc jeeps. Not sure about their reliability though and their performance off roads, Probably show off vehicles. But COME on M&M give us a choice. Everybody cant own a bolero or a scorpio. And for gods-sake finding a "winch" here is a pain, we cant always expect to find a tractor to pull our jeeps out when we get stuck. There is a serious lack of off roading accessories here (Sorry if I sound a bit frustrated here, thats cuz I am)
Old 2nd September 2009, 11:48   #32
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Any clue on when Mahindra plans on launching the Thar in India?
Old 2nd September 2009, 11:56   #33
BANNED

Toyota was shying away from launching Fortuner in India for a long time as they thought they won't get the nos. but see the tremendous response it has received.
M&M should learn from this & cater to the offroaders market, in all probability it shall be huge.

OT: Is the Bolero DI engine Euro4 complaint? If not, I guess we will have CRDE engine in all variants of Bolero before the new norms come into being.
Old 2nd September 2009, 13:11   #34
Senior - BHPian

I would really like this to come to India and may be with the Bolero CRDe engine. Would have an awesome Power to weight ratio
Old 2nd September 2009, 13:22   #35
DKG
Senior - BHPian

I gathered recently from someone associated with Mahindra that the Thar may be released in India. The question is when???
Old 2nd September 2009, 20:57   #36
Senior - BHPian

this was the Thar concept (basically the MM550 with red interiors). not good in any way.

The Mahindra Thar (for export only)-mahindrathar.jpg

source-www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/news/mahindra-tha...
Old 2nd September 2009, 22:25   #37
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit V8 View Post
this was the Thar concept (basically the MM550 with red interiors). not good in any way.
Rotten crap 550's sold from army disposal are going for a lac and ten. If something like this is offered at 5.5 - 6 brand new don't you think its a great deal? especially since it will come with a crdi unit and power steering.
Old 3rd September 2009, 19:47   #38
Senior - BHPian

5-6 lakhs is a good price for the Thar with the same as export specifications, for launch in india!

meanwhile its still better to go for ex-army and build your own thing as per your taste!

anyone made a lookalike of Thas as yet, i know desertking did something similar to his blue bird!
Old 3rd September 2009, 21:58   #39
Senior - BHPian

I read on Scorpio Facebook page that the THar and a a new SUV coded W201 is being launched very soon.
Old 3rd September 2009, 23:46   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKG View Post
Rotten crap 550's sold from army disposal are going for a lac and ten. If something like this is offered at 5.5 - 6 brand new don't you think its a great deal? especially since it will come with a crdi unit and power steering.
yes, it's definitely a great deal. but, we already have enough MM540s (non crdis' though). this thing has no change from what we have here apart from the heart. if MM brings in something like the '09 wrangler badged as Thar, then it will be good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
meanwhile its still better to go for ex-army and build your own thing as per your taste!
i agree with Parm totally. this option is the best one, rather than buying a new 540.
Old 9th September 2009, 03:04   #41
BHPian

I was on the M&M Website and i cant see any Ex- Army models or the Classic models.

Where could you buy them from ?

Thanks
Old 9th September 2009, 10:35   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by allana13 View Post
I was on the M&M Website and i cant see any Ex- Army models or the Classic models.

Where could you buy them from ?

Thanks
You cant get yourself a 550 or a Classic from Mahindra.

Kindly go through the 4x4 sections here and you will realise where the bhpians got them from.
Old 10th September 2009, 02:17   #43
BHPian

seems replica of JEEP WRANGLER
Old 10th September 2009, 14:37   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
You cant get yourself a 550 or a Classic from Mahindra.

Kindly go through the 4x4 sections here and you will realise where the bhpians got them from.
Thanks for that. I couldnt find it nor could i see iton the Mahindra website.

I thought they stopped producing them
Old 12th September 2009, 00:31   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by allana13 View Post
Thanks for that. I couldnt find it nor could i see iton the Mahindra website.

I thought they stopped producing them
the Mahindra website never shows these models. you will find the ex-army vehicles at various auctions (please see the various threads).

however you can get the mahindra souvenir (a cj4 with a 3.0TD engine and some frills priced at over 6 lakhs) from the showrooms.
the link-http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ve...not-quite.html
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks