Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2008, 07:18   #46
BHPian

wow very nice accord v6 here, hope it gets launched in India as well.
Old 27th August 2008, 13:44   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

The market here will say they are paying for four doors and they want four doors :(.

There is some sense to this, when buyers of a car of this price probably have a driver, and a family.
Old 30th August 2008, 09:28   #48
BHPian

Congratulations

Congratulations on the new car.
Its a beaut to look at and I'm betting it feels even better to drive.
with a V6 under the hood and an automatic transmission, it'll be one smooth driving experience.

Congratulations again and have fun!

Ajinkya
Old 30th August 2008, 13:20   #49
Senior - BHPian

Looks nice! Anuj post more pictures man!
Old 30th August 2008, 13:31   #50
BHPian

Beautiful design. Looks real good. Design cues seem inspired by the old Audi TT, the side angle pic has quite some resemblance.

Honda could consider launching it here, the target audience might be small but would fetch good numbers in sales.
Old 30th August 2008, 19:11   #51
Senior - BHPian

nice real nice.great looking car now.i like the mugen stuff better than the momo stuff.go for the last pic though.
Old 31st August 2008, 15:21   #52
BHPian

Thanks everyone!

@ navpreet// even i'm not digging the momo stuff too much. mugen is much more classy. however they are quite a bit more expensive so i'll go slow and easy here..

tomorrow there is a drive planned to AB Desert state park. I hope its not too hot there tomorrow otherwise I wont get out of the car to click any pics.

Well there are a number of bhpians i know in delhi and around who would buy this car in a blink if it were to be launched there. What a nice daily drive this would make, what say guys??

tire and road noise was quite significant over a longish drive today. i think i'll wait a week to see how these tires fare. I seriously missed the hush and pliant ride of the stock all season rubber. i'll be exploring other options and wouldn't mind striking a good balance slightly in favour of ride comfort over handling. Ishan and KP, koi suggestion please?

I have about 25 days or so to return these tires. the wheels also need a re-do on the balancing front. 60+ speeds on freeways resulted in steering wobble of 5-10 mm when I gripped the wheel losely. Not a very exciting drive all in all.

Last edited by rev_hard : 31st August 2008 at 15:22.
Old 31st August 2008, 23:28   #53
Senior - BHPian

also let me know if there is any good mugen shifter knob for the manual civic.

well i was told that michilin tires are more silent type.even my yokohama's are very noisy.try to find a tire with smaller rubber blocks.i mean the tread blocks.there is a particular DB model in yokohama's thats very quiet.but i was told by ishan that they don't grip that well.

also check the prices of the mugen stuff in the japanese sites.sometimes its quite cheaper to just ship them over from japan.
Old 1st September 2008, 00:22   #54
BHPian

Nice car dude!!
and how much did it cost you there? including the insurance part (which is quite substantial in US I believe!)
Old 13th September 2008, 14:37   #55
BHPian

hellos

so i finally got the tire issue sorted out. didn't change them but got the wheels re-balanced and the car is transformed completely! "whatever-i-might-say-you'll-understand-only-if-you-drive" kind of grip level and accelaration/deccelaration of the nth order(atleast for me ) is the norm now.

planning to visit autofashion tomorrow to get the interior detailed and some things to be installed as well. thinking of getting hotwiring done for the porta-navi unit in such a way that it looks somewhat stock. have no idea how to do this but brainstorming over marlboro lights with freddie should help.

i'm seriously considering the harman kardon drive+play also. the only thing stopping me is the way it can be made to look as discreet as possible.

On another note, I just landed a plum 1 year contract here in San Diego and am looking forward to blowing more moolah on this baby. will keep you guys posted.

mark@ i've leased this accord @ 450 p.m. and insurance is 130 p.m. residual is 16k and i can buy this car at end of 3 years or go in for a newer trade-in.

navpreet@ any/everything is available here from mugen. the only thing is most companies do not yet ship overseas and if they do, the cost and duties etc don't justify the effort. best bet is a buddy or family carrying stuff on their way back to india. i was charged a hefty duty on simple gift items so I speak out of experience.

Last edited by rev_hard : 13th September 2008 at 14:40.
Old 13th September 2008, 21:52   #56
BHPian

You're missing a pedal.

Too bad. the HOnda 6 speed is probably the best manual box I've used in a fwd car. I should know, my V6 accord has one.

I detest automatics. I am looking to buy a truck to tow my Lotus to the track (don't want to worry about how I'll get home if I break it), and even in that I am trying to find a manual even though everyone tells me that autos are better for towing.

Last edited by Harbir : 13th September 2008 at 21:59.
Old 13th September 2008, 21:58   #57
Senior - BHPian

Can you give me a link to any site which deals in mugen stuff for the civic.my maternal uncle is there and i have imported a lot of stuff for my 12r without any duty.i'm used to the way to dupe these custom guys.
So let me know.maybe i'll find something good for my car.
Old 16th September 2008, 04:28   #58
Team-BHP Support

gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbir View Post
I am looking to buy a truck to tow my Lotus to the track (don't want to worry about how I'll get home if I break it), and even in that I am trying to find a manual even though everyone tells me that autos are better for towing.
Do they even sell a manual that'll confirm to your specifications?
I think the Suzuki Grand Vitara / Toyota RAV4 might have a manual in their smaller engined versions, which means you'll lose out on towing ability.

Right now you're probably stuck with the Nissan Xterra as your only option, or an ancient Bronco, Isuzu / Nissan Patrols (if they were ever sold with a manual in the States). Maybe the Toyota FJ Cruiser has one.

Maybe Dodge/Chevy/GMC/Ford have a manual option in one of their pick-ups...?

ps. just realized I'd hijacked rev_hard's thread. Apologies.
Old 16th September 2008, 10:53   #59
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aah78 View Post
Maybe the Toyota FJ Cruiser has one.
im pretty sure the fj cruiser is cold with a manual, only in the states.
Old 16th September 2008, 14:48   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aah78 View Post
Do they even sell a manual that'll confirm to your specifications?
I think the Suzuki Grand Vitara / Toyota RAV4 might have a manual in their smaller engined versions, which means you'll lose out on towing ability.

Right now you're probably stuck with the Nissan Xterra as your only option, or an ancient Bronco, Isuzu / Nissan Patrols (if they were ever sold with a manual in the States). Maybe the Toyota FJ Cruiser has one.

Maybe Dodge/Chevy/GMC/Ford have a manual option in one of their pick-ups...?

ps. just realized I'd hijacked rev_hard's thread. Apologies.
I think Dodge used to offer a 5-speed manual on the previous generation Rams. But it'll be very rare to find in the used truck market.

His best bet might be to buy something really old, like a Ford Bronco or a 1990's F-150.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks